Cody Kelly Transferring

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Just saw the tweet. Interesting. I really liked Cody and thought he would be an asset as a Junior and Senior due to his maturity(year at Prep then red-shirt). Interesting he will be a graduate transfer as a Junior.

With all the guards we have recruited including Hendricks who just verbaled his playing time would have most likely decreased a lot. We're getting more players to fit Edwards system. We'll see how it works. I will miss Cody but I don't think the team will loss too much without him.

Good luck Cody.

Now lets get a big guy and a combination of Trace Young, Tre Campbell, Praker Stewart.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

He would definitely be a starter at Northeastern Montana State Normal Teachers College.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Bummer. I like Cody. Always a Cowboy!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

No big loss. Having said that, are they going to be able to field a team next season? They are hemorrhaging players.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

I've heard he was told his minutes will drop significantly and that he is/was looking at D2/NAIA type schools. For what that's worth
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

wyokoke wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:06 pm I've heard he was told his minutes will drop significantly and that he is/was looking at D2/NAIA type schools. For what that's worth
I haven't heard anything but that is my guess too. If he was put on scholarship last year then had it taken away again this year and told he was going to lose minutes(which I can totally see with the guards we have coming in) I don't blame him. He can definitely play ball and I will miss him and thought he would be an asset off the bench but I don't blame him for wanting to be a bigger part of another team. NOt a huge lose for the team but he was fun to cheer for.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Former poster butthurt level 10!

Wish the kid nothing but the best, thanks for representing UW well, and keeping the team GPA up.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

McPeachy wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:43 am Former poster butthurt level 10!

Wish the kid nothing but the best, thanks for representing UW well, and keeping the team GPA up.
If he didn't already stop posting. This would have certainly been the tipping point.

Good luck Governor!!!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Didn't we have a Cody Kelly on our football team at one time?
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Wyokie wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:05 pm Didn't we have a Cody Kelly on our football team at one time?
Nope. Are you thinking of Aaron Young? Former JUCO QB.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:08 am
Wyokie wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:05 pm Didn't we have a Cody Kelly on our football team at one time?
Cody Kelley, Aaron Young. I can see how the names could get confused. They share an 'o'...
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

I saw a quote from AE where he said they were considering putting him on scholarship this year but Cody came in and said he wanted to go somewhere he could get his chosen masters because"lets be honest I won't be playing professionally after college"

Looks like this is legit transferring for academic reasons.

Good luck Cody.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

TSpoke wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:25 am I saw a quote from AE where he said they were considering putting him on scholarship this year but Cody came in and said he wanted to go somewhere he could get his chosen masters because"lets be honest I won't be playing professionally after college"

Good luck Cody.
Saw that as well. And wish him luck.

I want to punch whomever gave him the nickname "the governor" in the temple. Rediculous. :twisted:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Cute. Seems like we had a football player with a first name of Cody that was a lineman.

Probably losing my mind being done here in Oklahoma which has a major teacher walkout (Day # 8 for those wondering). Glad I'm not a teacher. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

Wyokie wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:38 am
Cute. Seems like we had a football player with a first name of Cody that was a lineman.

Probably losing my mind being done here in Oklahoma which has a major teacher walkout (Day # 8 for those wondering). Glad I'm not a teacher. :roll:
Yes, there was a Cody Kelley that played in the late 80's, early 90's. He was from Montana and I believe is a teacher somewhere in Montana now. Drank many a beer with him back in the day. Great guy.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:50 am

Yes, there was a Cody Kelley that played in the late 80's, early 90's. He was from Montana and I believe is a teacher somewhere in Montana now. Drank many a beer with him back in the day. Great guy.
I knew I was right. Thanks. Only off by one letter. LOL
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

TSpoke wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:25 am I saw a quote from AE where he said they were considering putting him on scholarship this year but Cody came in and said he wanted to go somewhere he could get his chosen masters because"lets be honest I won't be playing professionally after college"

Good luck Cody.
https://twitter.com/rpgagliardi/status/ ... 5964919808
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Wyokie wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:56 pm

Thanks for the info. I was too young to follow Cowboy football in the late 80s. Heard a rumor though that we had really nice uniforms then!
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Wyokie wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:56 pm

Actually the guy that just left the basketball team is spelled Kelley...lol. I'm not sure about the football guy though
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times

Any announcement yet where too?