What a poop show...

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
PApokesPhan
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:04 am Not sure what's going on,but this pisses me off. Both guys stood to play tons of minutes next year. Who's going to get a rebound besides JJ?
Hunter Thompson?
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

I'm reserving judgement to see who AE brings in to replace these guys. If he can bring in 1 or 2 solid transfers, then maybe this wasn't such a bad move. As it is, a lot of you are freaking out over losing a couple of players that just flat out weren't very good. Now if he can't replace them with someone better...
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Cody Kelley (Jr.)
Ny Redding (Sr.)
Bradley Belt (Fr.)

Justin James (Sr.)
Hunter Maldonado (So.)
Sam Averbuck (Jr.)
Brandon Porter (Fr.)
TJ Taylor (Fr.)

Austin Mueller (So.)
Hunter Thompson (RFr.)
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:05 am I'm reserving judgement to see who AE brings in to replace these guys. If he can bring in 1 or 2 solid transfers, then maybe this wasn't such a bad move. As it is, a lot of you are freaking out over losing a couple of players that just flat out weren't very good. Now if he can't replace them with someone better...
That's the key. Edwards has a heck of a lot of players to replace now. It would sure be nice to get some good news on recruits or transfers. If not we may have like a 6 man rotation next year simply by not having enough players on the team
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

WyomingAg wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:09 am
WestWYOPoke wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:05 am I'm reserving judgement to see who AE brings in to replace these guys. If he can bring in 1 or 2 solid transfers, then maybe this wasn't such a bad move. As it is, a lot of you are freaking out over losing a couple of players that just flat out weren't very good. Now if he can't replace them with someone better...
That's the key. Edwards has a heck of a lot of players to replace now. It would sure be nice to get some good news on recruits or transfers. If not we may have like a 6 man rotation next year simply by not having enough players on the team
Agreed. This is where Edwards has to show up. If he can bring in some quality replacements, then who knows what this team could do in the next year or two. But if he has to rely on what we have left on the current roster, without some immediate help, then we will be hurting.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

I think this means Averbuck will be a starter or the 6th man - unless he gets an offer from Division IV Eastern Montana State Normal Teachers College.
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:06 am
poke_addict wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:05 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:39 pm That’s 7 scholarships to fill by a staff who hasn’t shown they can land impact players. If we go find 7 more high school seniors that we have to develop, the next 2-3 years are going to be attrocious. This is absolutely a poop show. He’s lost control of that team it appears.

Who’s gonna be next to leave? Why would a guy like JJ stay? Maybe Thompson thinks Creighton doesn’t seem that bad after all? I hope it’s done but I have a feeling it’s not...
Well Mac left because the altitude was horrible for his head. Moe and Jones left for similar reasons that liebs did. I would be very surprised if we are only recruiting high school kids.....Thought Moe could be solid. Not sure if Mac could have stayed healthy. Was never impressed with Jones.
Jones never got a chance to show what he could do.
The glimpses we did get to see I didn't think he was worth the 4 star next to his name coming out of High School. Not saying he couldn't have been a solid player. Just makes me wonder about his his skill set. He had a great opportunity to play major minutes next season. Maybe Edwards realized we need to bring in more transfers to be legitimate contenders. Think we should definitely see what happens the next couple months before we start getting the pitch forks and torches out. I do have to say even the most optimistic fans have a cringe on their face right now though.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

I don't think Momeka would have ever become an impact DI player. Good athlete nothing more. No skills with the ball, can't even come down with a rebound without fumbling it away. Guaranteed to get himself and the team in foul trouble.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

On the surface, losing a couple of minor contributors probably isn't a big deal. But it makes a roster lacking depth loses yet another two potential players.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:05 pm On the surface, losing a couple of minor contributors probably isn't a big deal. But it makes a roster lacking depth loses yet another two potential players.
Yeah, on the stat sheet it looks like we’re only losing 3 ppg or whatever they averaged between them. The problem is we already had a boatload of schillings and the image this gives off is of a sinking ship with everyone jumping for the remaining lifeboats. Who is going to sign up for that?
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 103 times

To add fuel to the fire, I've also heard through the grapevine that Edwards had been interviewing for other jobs. I don't have any specifics, though.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 141 times

Probably should see if Mueller wants to leave as well. Don’t see much from him
W-Y, Until I Die!
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

WYO1016 wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:53 am To add fuel to the fire, I've also heard through the grapevine that Edwards had been interviewing for other jobs. I don't have any specifics, though.
It would be nice if CSU would take him off our hands. Wins and losses aside, it just seems that he has to make a point to play everyone, and when someone has a good stretch of games he benches them. Until we can have our best 7-8 guys play the lion’s share of the minutes, we will be just an average team like we have been for many years. Look no further than Nevada to see a team that can run 6 guys and be super competitive
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

laxwyo wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:56 pm Probably should see if Mueller wants to leave as well. Don’t see much from him
Mueller is a guy who I think has a decent mid range game. With the exception of James, I think he’s about the only 12-18 Ft jump shooter we had. It was either drive to the hole or hurl up a 3 with this year’s team. Mueller in my opinion was the worst defender on the team. Any offensive spark (very little) was negated by his very weak defense. Give him a year and maybe he will get better, but not when we run man D
Poke in New England
Cowpoke

Vt poke wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:34 pm
WYO1016 wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:53 am To add fuel to the fire, I've also heard through the grapevine that Edwards had been interviewing for other jobs. I don't have any specifics, though.
It would be nice if CSU would take him off our hands. Wins and losses aside, it just seems that he has to make a point to play everyone, and when someone has a good stretch of games he benches them. Until we can have our best 7-8 guys play the lion’s share of the minutes, we will be just an average team like we have been for many years. Look no further than Nevada to see a team that can run 6 guys and be super competitive
Don't completely disagree with you, but Nevada is probably an unfair comparison. 0% chance they aren't cheating + paying guys under the table IMO.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 141 times

Poke in New England wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:32 pm
Don't completely disagree with you, but Nevada is probably an unfair comparison. 0% chance they aren't cheating + paying guys under the table IMO.
I was thinking this too. New coach from NBA, instant increase in talent and recruiting. Something is fishy for sure
W-Y, Until I Die!
Poke in New England
Cowpoke

laxwyo wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:18 pm
Poke in New England wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:32 pm
I was thinking this too. New coach from NBA, instant increase in talent and recruiting. Something is fishy for sure
Musselman bolts for a better job and leaves Nevada and their players behind to deal with the consequences. Tale as old as time.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 595 times
Been liked: 238 times

Eh. Knock yourself out, AE. We haven't even finished in the top 1/2 with him at the helm
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 595 times
Been liked: 238 times

+1. Step 1 of being a good coach is playing the right players. AE has light years to go in that dept.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Man this would be awesome. IF were going to blow it up and start over, lets do it with a staff that actually knows what they're doing.

This wouldn't be the worst thing to happen.