What a poop show...

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Shocked no ones posted this yet...

What is going on in Laramie!?!?

[tweet]https://mobile.twitter.com/bfoster91/st ... 3328/tweet]
Last edited by ItSucksToBeACSURam on Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Lost a guy that averaged 1.8 PPG and 2.2 RPG, and another that played in 15 games and averaged 0.7 PPG and 0.4 RPG. Don't know that I'd go so far as to call it a poop show as they didn't contribute a whole lot. Maybe they were told they wouldn't be returning.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:31 pm Shocked no ones posted this yet...

[tweet]https://mobile.twitter.com/bfoster91/st ... 2746083328[/tweet]
This sucks! I thought Moemeka had a huge upside to him. Let’s just pray that fellow Florida guy and good buddy JJ doesn’t leave. Edwards had got some serious work to do. Not sure what’s going on with the program, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see an assistant leave as well.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Is James the tallest guy on the roster now? This is getting ridiculous...
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

That’s 7 scholarships to fill by a staff who hasn’t shown they can land impact players. If we go find 7 more high school seniors that we have to develop, the next 2-3 years are going to be attrocious. This is absolutely a poop show. He’s lost control of that team it appears.

Who’s gonna be next to leave? Why would a guy like JJ stay? Maybe Thompson thinks Creighton doesn’t seem that bad after all? I hope it’s done but I have a feeling it’s not...
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Vt poke wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:37 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:31 pm Shocked no ones posted this yet...

[tweet]https://mobile.twitter.com/bfoster91/st ... 2746083328[/tweet]
This sucks! I thought Moemeka had a huge upside to him. Let’s just pray that fellow Florida guy and good buddy JJ doesn’t leave. Edwards had got some serious work to do. Not sure what’s going on with the program, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see an assistant leave as well.
Maybe every single coach needs to leave...
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

This is a blessing, Jones is a major underachiever and well let's just Moemeka is a huge douchebag. Goodridiace.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:39 pm That’s 7 scholarships to fill by a staff who hasn’t shown they can land impact players. If we go find 7 more high school seniors that we have to develop, the next 2-3 years are going to be attrocious. This is absolutely a poop show. He’s lost control of that team it appears.

Who’s gonna be next to leave? Why would a guy like JJ stay? Maybe Thompson thinks Creighton doesn’t seem that bad after all? I hope it’s done but I have a feeling it’s not...
Well Mac left because the altitude was horrible for his head. Moe and Jones left for similar reasons that liebs did. I would be very surprised if we are only recruiting high school kids.....Thought Moe could be solid. Not sure if Mac could have stayed healthy. Was never impressed with Jones.
Last edited by poke_addict on Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

How jones was a 4*, I’ll never know. I thought Moemeka could have been pretty damn good if he stayed out of foul trouble and we had a real offense
W-Y, Until I Die!
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

I had next to no faith in this staff to end the season. I was ready for a change when Mack announced his transfer. Now I'm 100% over this staff. Edwards is going to set this program back another 10 years unless he pulls a diamond out of his ass.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

At this point it feels like Edwards might as well go too and everyone involved can get a completely fresh start. Why go through a lame duck 2018-19 season? Even if you buy that Edwards is a good coach, we aren’t going to be good for several years at which point we have to move on from him.

This is the exact scenario a school serious about basketball would use as an opportunity to revamp the program and go spend top dollar on a proven coach. You can sell the upgraded facilities and ability to mold the roster however you want it along with a top talent still on the roster in JJ.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Edwards was hired 2 years ago. The only players who are left from the 2015-16 team that Edwards inherited are Justin James, Cody Kelley and Sam Averbuck.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Yup, not good. We might lose to a pick up game of Wyo high school all stars. Stopped watching games two months ago. Becky Hammon come on down
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Is the sky falling?? Moemeka wasn't our answer neither, i wish Jeremy was running the show, maybe in due time
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

stymeman wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:52 pm Is the sky falling?? Moemeka wasn't our answer neither, i wish Jeremy was running the show, maybe in due time
If Jeremy becomes the HC, we can see the good old boy club is working well at UW and mediocrity is the rule of the day! Jeremy is not Larry. Wyoming has been in the NCAA's twice in 30 years....that will be the level we will be at with Jeremy. This is nothing personal, I know that Jeremy is a good guy and has recruited well for UW, but we have to go higher if we are to ever pull UW out of the Pit of Mediocrity we are in now.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I usually try to stay optimistic, but even I am starting to believe it may be best to part ways at some point soon. Probably won't happen this offseason, though.

Two NCAA Tournament appearances in 30 years isn't good enough.

If you could make a coaching change, what style of coach would you hire?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Big Wonderful
Buckaroo

Loosing 2-3 players to transfer is not uncommon for any college program, and none of these guys were big producers. If they don't want to be here say goodbye and wish them well. They can go ride the bench for another team. Its an opportunity to land better players and I'm sure the coaching staff is working on it. I would hardly call it a "poop show"
PApokesPhan
Ranch Hand

joshvanklomp wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:35 pm I usually try to stay optimistic, but even I am starting to believe it may be best to part ways at some point soon. Probably won't happen this offseason, though.

Two NCAA Tournament appearances in 30 years isn't good enough.

If you could make a coaching change, what style of coach would you hire?
I would love to see a Paul Weir style, full court press after every made shot. We have to run the with a game plan on offense and pressure 94ft. I’d even take an Eric Musselman style, as much as I can’t stand him ha. anything that wins at home and on the road
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Not sure what's going on,but this pisses me off. Both guys stood to play tons of minutes next year. Who's going to get a rebound besides JJ?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

poke_addict wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:05 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:39 pm That’s 7 scholarships to fill by a staff who hasn’t shown they can land impact players. If we go find 7 more high school seniors that we have to develop, the next 2-3 years are going to be attrocious. This is absolutely a poop show. He’s lost control of that team it appears.

Well Mac left because the altitude was horrible for his head. Moe and Jones left for similar reasons that liebs did. I would be very surprised if we are only recruiting high school kids.....Thought Moe could be solid. Not sure if Mac could have stayed healthy. Was never impressed with Jones.
Jones never got a chance to show what he could do.