Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

https://twitter.com/BFoster91/status/973685809567223808
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

So lots of open roster spots going into next year...

Dalton
Herndon
Gorski
Adams
Mack
Possibly Naughton?
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Time to do some serious shopping. We have 3 recruits coming in, with 5 or possibly 6 scholarships opening up. I would love to see a 6’5 sharpshooter like a Sam Merrill from Utah State. A big guy with an inside game like Furstinger from New Mexico. Not a stretch 4, but a legit big man and last but not least a point guard who can take it to the hole, penetrate and dish or go up strong and get to the line. A grad transfer would be a nice pickup for the team. Add some maturity to the lineup. I know Thompson will take one scholly so that leaves at least one and maybe two if Naughton hits the road. Bummed about Mack. I was really excited to see what he could bring to the table
Steamboat
Buckaroo

That really sucks. Looks like some serious recruiting is in order, rather taking on projects.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

I wouldn't be surprised if he is done. Everyone around these parts was reassured by the Casper Star article because we didn't see him on the bench in Vegas. But actually reading it, it's all the telltale signs of an athlete with one or two many bumps to the head. Nose bleeds, migraines, sensitivity to light and just his comments in the story had me worried about this happening. Maybe he can't find a doctor who will sign off on getting back on the court.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Check out @Iam_AnthonyMack’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/Iam_AnthonyMack/sta ... 19168?s=09
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

kdwrightuwyo wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:57 pm Check out @Iam_AnthonyMack’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/Iam_AnthonyMack/sta ... 19168?s=09
Sounded like the elevation was only making things worse for him
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:24 pm
kdwrightuwyo wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:57 pm Check out @Iam_AnthonyMack’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/Iam_AnthonyMack/sta ... 19168?s=09
Sounded like the elevation was only making things worse for him
That could make sense. I have no idea about elevation affecting concussions at all but it sounds plausible. Really disappointing no matter the reason. Time to get after recruiting. Get a grad transfer and perhaps another transfer or juco player that are ready to go(I know it sounds so easy). I really like the sounds of the guys we have coming in. Versatile and athletic.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

Vt poke wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:56 pm Time to do some serious shopping. We have 3 recruits coming in, with 5 or possibly 6 scholarships opening up. I would love to see a 6’5 sharpshooter like a Sam Merrill from Utah State. A big guy with an inside game like Furstinger from New Mexico. Not a stretch 4, but a legit big man and last but not least a point guard who can take it to the hole, penetrate and dish or go up strong and get to the line. A grad transfer would be a nice pickup for the team. Add some maturity to the lineup. I know Thompson will take one scholly so that leaves at least one and maybe two if Naughton hits the road. Bummed about Mack. I was really excited to see what he could bring to the table
He is already on scholarship.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Meanwhile, 4-star Fresno State verbal and Wyoming recruit Isaac Likekele (PG) has re-opened recruiting and rescinded his verbal to Fresno State.

Hmmmmmmmm
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:00 am Meanwhile, 4-star Fresno State verbal and Wyoming recruit Isaac Likekele (PG) has re-opened recruiting and rescinded his verbal to Fresno State.

Hmmmmmmmm
Probably going to UTEP to follow Terry the more I looked at it. And while Fresno is no paradise, Texas-El-Paso is a poop in comparison.
Dear Karma,

Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

McPeachy wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:07 am
McPeachy wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:00 am Meanwhile, 4-star Fresno State verbal and Wyoming recruit Isaac Likekele (PG) has re-opened recruiting and rescinded his verbal to Fresno State.

Hmmmmmmmm
Probably going to UTEP to follow Terry the more I looked at it. And while Fresno is no paradise, Texas-El-Paso is a poop in comparison.
I'll take El Paso over Fresno, any day of the week.

Fresno might be the worst place in the United States. If someone built a giant ghetto in the middle of Nebraska, it would be identical to Fresno.

Fresno has more in common with Juarez than it does El Paso...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Let the rebuild begin, ugh
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Wyovanian wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:21 pm

Hmmmmmmmm

Fresno might be the worst place in the United States. If someone built a giant ghetto in the middle of Nebraska, it would be identical to Fresno.

Disagree completely. El Paso is like a living hell on 4 hits of LSD.
Dear Karma,

stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Both places are less than ideal but to choose I'd stay in the Mountain time zone and ELP, from North upwards, stay away of Juarez. As for Mack hard to say what coulda, woulda, shouda when we didnt get a chance unfortunately to see much of anything, good luck elsewhere
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Mack has a list of bigger schools...Image
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/Iam_AnthonyMack/sta ... 0454064128
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
SLCPoke
Cowpoke

joshvanklomp wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:05 pm https://twitter.com/Iam_AnthonyMack/sta ... 0454064128
Sea level....makes sense.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

SLCPoke wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:22 pm
joshvanklomp wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:05 pm https://twitter.com/Iam_AnthonyMack/sta ... 0454064128
Sea level....makes sense.
Also he joins a former Blair academy teammate there
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

McPeachy wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:44 pm
Wyovanian wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:21 pm

Hmmmmmmmm

Disagree completely. El Paso is like a living hell on 4 hits of LSD.
If that's El Paso, Fresno is like sitting buck naked on a fire ant pile in the 9th level of Hell while Jimmy Fallon reads from Stephanie Meyer and Milli Vanilli "perform" on stage with the only thing on TV being Pro Bowling and there is NO LSD available for relief from the eternity around you.

:puke:
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory