San Jose State

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

Here's a school that won a combined 6 games in football and basketball (yes I know we were one of them). That's an embarrassment for any serious DI athletic conference. It's for Thompson to cut his losses, admit that they were a huge mistake from the get-go, and dump them. Add the Zags and another full time member. Many here don't want it to be BYU (even though it would be good for Wyoming and the conference) — fine. Doesn't have to be them. New Mexico State? North Dakota State? UTSA? North Texas? Idaho? Hawaii in basketball? Literally anything is better for us than SJSU.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Poke in New England wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:47 am Here's a school that won a combined 6 games in football and basketball (yes I know we were one of them). That's an embarrassment for any serious DI athletic conference. It's for Thompson to cut his losses, admit that they were a huge mistake from the get-go, and dump them. Add the Zags and another full time member. Many here don't want it to be BYU (even though it would be good for Wyoming and the conference) — fine. Doesn't have to be them. New Mexico State? North Dakota State? UTSA? North Texas? Idaho? Hawaii in basketball? Literally anything is better for us than SJSU.
We are the wrong fanbase to talk about this. Pretty sure we haven't beaten them in the sport that matters most since they were added.

The SJSU FB game was an embarrassment to everyone associated with UW.

Beyond that, while SJSU would be the first to go, if they were voting schools off the MWC island we would be next (TV market, no championships, etc.).

I would rather focus on holding our leadership accountable for increasing our value and let SJSU worry about themselves (they have plenty to worry about). It is a travesty that they were added and have already cost the league at least one, maybe two, NCAA bids (with legitimate 7 figure consequences in lost NCAA credits) and probably some NIT bids as well due to their poor OOC performance dragging down the conference overall. However, we haven't taken care of our own business.

In terms of expansion candidates, I am a fan of Gonzaga, NMSU, and UTEP. Not really a fan of any FCS school being added or expanding outside of the regional footprint with 3rd tier schools in major markets (UNT, UTSA, etc.).
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

NowherePoke wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:55 am
Poke in New England wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:47 am Here's a school that won a combined 6 games in football and basketball (yes I know we were one of them). That's an embarrassment for any serious DI athletic conference. It's for Thompson to cut his losses, admit that they were a huge mistake from the get-go, and dump them. Add the Zags and another full time member. Many here don't want it to be BYU (even though it would be good for Wyoming and the conference) — fine. Doesn't have to be them. New Mexico State? North Dakota State? UTSA? North Texas? Idaho? Hawaii in basketball? Literally anything is better for us than SJSU.
We are the wrong fanbase to talk about this. Pretty sure we haven't beaten them in the sport that matters most since they were added.

The SJSU FB game was an embarrassment to everyone associated with UW.

Beyond that, while SJSU would be the first to go, if they were voting schools off the MWC island we would be next (TV market, no championships, etc.).

I would rather focus on holding our leadership accountable for increasing our value and let SJSU worry about themselves (they have plenty to worry about). It is a travesty that they were added and have already cost the league at least one, maybe two, NCAA bids (with legitimate 7 figure consequences in lost NCAA credits) and probably some NIT bids as well due to their poor OOC performance dragging down the conference overall. However, we haven't taken care of our own business.

In terms of expansion candidates, I am a fan of Gonzaga, NMSU, and UTEP. Not really a fan of any FCS school being added or expanding outside of the regional footprint with 3rd tier schools in major markets (UNT, UTSA, etc.).
Not trying to nitpick your comment, but I had UTEP on the list and TIL they went 0-12 in football this year.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

San Jose is the worst. How many tourney bids have they cost us? 3? They NEED to go. They are trash