Tourney chances???

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

Can UW win the MWC tourney? Looks kinda rough but doable. Def think we take care of SJSU easily. New Mexico will be a difficult test but it has to be at least a winnable game. Barring upsets then we have BSU. The Pokes can beat that team but it'll be the hardest one as the 3rd game. Not sure I can see them past that with the gold lenses on :cool: . I feel like the optimist on here too :? All bets are off when a team makes a championship run so if UW got there they could def win that game!
Thoughts?
Riding High!!!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

I admire your optimism but don't share it. I think we struggle right out of the gate. Remember, we won 6 overtime games this year and rarely blew out anybody, including San Jose st.. This isn't the best conditioned team either. So, realistically, we win the first game and lose the next one to NM. I hope I"m wrong but our lousy history in this tournament says otherwise.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

I think the tourney is wide open at least from 1-6. We have shown over the year that we can beat any of the teams and other teams have looked great at different times as well. I have no idea how it will trun out but why not us. Get an early game against SJSU to get warmed up and used to the floor then move on the NM with some confidence then who knows from there. It will be tough but I don't think we are huge underdogs. I wouldn't have anyone as a massive favorite.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

wyokoke wrote: ↑Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:01 pm :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Im sure glad some of guys aren't coaches...
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Pokes have a team with three starters getting a MWC honor and one (who should be a starter) getting an honor. Yet losing to three bad teams and barely winning 6 others. Not to mention the bad habit of getting way behind early, in spite of the talent. So where does the finger point. Mention one name and you have it. God knows what will happen in the tournament, but it doesn't look all that good, especially considering the conditioning of the players.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

It would not surprise me if we got blown out tonight or if we won the whole thing(that might a little😁). They just need to stay focused and take one game at a time.
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

Pokes fan 24-7 wrote: ↑Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:14 am It would not surprise me if we got blown out tonight or if we won the whole thing(that might a little😁). They just need to stay focused and take one game at a time.
I think most fans feel the same. Could be a fun tourney or the board will be in meltdown mode tonight. Go Pokes....I have a decent feeling we will come out swinging though
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Pokes fan 24-7 wrote: ↑Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:14 am It would not surprise me if we got blown out tonight
I would be surprised if the Pokes got blown out. I would not be surprised if they lost, though. SJSU threes came close to putting the Pokes under earlier and Welage gives them fits.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Not gonna lie I put every gambling dollar I won on the Olympics on SJSU to cover 13.5. Thought about even throwing some at their moneyline
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

wyokoke wrote: ↑Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:38 pm Not gonna lie I put every gambling dollar I won on the Olympics on SJSU to cover 13.5. Thought about even throwing some at their moneyline
Tough break. Maybe pokes will let it slide here last 3 minutes
W-Y, Until I Die!
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote: ↑Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:39 pm
wyokoke wrote: ↑Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:38 pm Not gonna lie I put every gambling dollar I won on the Olympics on SJSU to cover 13.5. Thought about even throwing some at their moneyline
Tough break. Maybe pokes will let it slide here last 3 minutes
I'll take it. Seems like the first Edwards team not to get the Vegas flu
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

Lmao, just barely, just barely!!! That layup the spartans got with like 2 seconds left gave them the cover haha. Good thing there was so much garbage time where the pokes never scored, to give SJSU time to cover the line, believe the pokes were up by 30 or really close to it in the 2nd half :D
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

FarmerPoke wrote: ↑Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:48 pm
Lmao, just barely, just barely!!! That layup the spartans got with like 2 seconds left gave them the cover haha. Good thing there was so much garbage time where the pokes never scored, to give SJSU time to cover the line, believe the pokes were up by 30 or really close to it in the 2nd half :D
Definition of a back door cover :rofl: Pokes won, bet won, not too shabby lol
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

wyokoke wrote: ↑Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:18 pm
FarmerPoke wrote: ↑Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:48 pm
Definition of a back door cover :rofl: Pokes won, bet won, not too shabby lol
LOL! This thread was the first thing I thought of when the score went final. Doesn't get much better than that. Dominant win and backdoor cover.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

AWFUL beat. Thoughts and prayers to any Wyoming bettors.