Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Shockingly, Fisher isn't clean
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

seems like a great time to retire when your about to bi implicated
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

I actually find this a little ridiculous, maybe the FBI should start stopping school shootings or 9-11. They sure seem to have a lot of time on their hands bugging coaches - agent's office Etc
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Cuttslam wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:53 pm I actually find this a little ridiculous, maybe the FBI should start stopping school shootings or 9-11. They sure seem to have a lot of time on their hands bugging coaches - agent's office Etc
This is a good point. I do find it ridiculous that the FBI is involved with sports in any way.

It does make me hate SDSU more though. Cheaters.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

Cuttslam wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:53 pm I actually find this a little ridiculous, maybe the FBI should start stopping school shootings or 9-11. They sure seem to have a lot of time on their hands bugging coaches - agent's office Etc
Agreed with this. Struggling to find a victim in these "bribery" schemes other than the NCAA itself
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

I have a little history with this subject, as my dad and grandfather are both (were with Grandpa) part of the education system in Wyoming. My grandpa was a superintendent during the 60-70's.

I asked my dad at a very young age, maybe 10 to 14 I suppose, about amateurism in sports. What I learned is that ALL American citizens have access to equal education. This wasn't always the case. Black Americans in the 50-60s did not have the same access to education. It's so f-word up now, that the African American community thinks that athletes should get an easier ride to a degree. But that is what we are facing.

The way equal education works, all students attending higher education would need equal pay to fall under federal law, you can't just pay athletes.

The NCAA is broken, corruption everywhere... Doesn't change the civil rights movement and accomplishments.

I think there needs to be a minor league, without education where athletes can go if the don't want to participate in higher education.

Point being, we can't alienate the greater percentage of young American's, to include the athlete that doesn't make the pro level, for the benefit of the few Americans that feel the are entitled to more benefits.

America has been down this road before, and it was not pretty. The FBI should be involved right now. Personally, I would lay a fat ass law suit on any institution that would put my son at more hardship for an equal access to education.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Martin Luther King speech. It's funny how it's February and this is the issue with equality. Watch it, listen... Do u see the pendulum swinging?

https://youtu.be/I47Y6VHc3Ms
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

Arguing that the FBI shouldn't be involved is a bit sideways, in my opinion. Yes, there are some very scary, very important things that they need to be (and are) investigating. That being said, what they're investigating with the NCAA is still illegal. It crosses state lines, so it goes to the FBI.

They have plenty of cases that aren't world changing and all encompassing. Just like local law enforcement breaks up human trafficking and tracks down serial killers they still have people issuing tickets to drivers that run red lights.

TL;DR This is absolutely a case that the FBI had to take, even if it's not high up on the importance scale in the grand scheme of things
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

The team that was cheating was the one that had the best team. Weird. I also don’t think it’s a coincidence that Boise st. gets the best football recruits in the conference. We can debate all day if it really matters or whether or not we should enforce it. I believe that we should completely enforce or change the damn system. Either equip some type of agency with real power to shut down all the money in recruiting or change it
W-Y, Until I Die!