Question, would u guys consider Becky Hammon a good hire

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Polarizing, is from South Dakota, a csu grad... And arguably a very good coach.

Would it be a flop, or a strong showing from the equality state. I was just looking for top assistants and started thinking. I don't know what I feel about it. Somebody will hire her eventually to lead a men's team. She is learning from the best staff I feel. But what would it do for recruiting? Is she better off in the NBA?

Would mom's of the future recruiting landscape feel more receptive to a female coach?

Nothing about this post is serious, I'm just curious to see how u guys feel about the subject. I think she would fit right in in Laramie. And it would be front page media for a long time... But it would be a huge gamble, or would it? Would it be too much of a attention scheme. Just trying to wrap my brain around it. So many positives, and so many what ifs. It would be great for basketball in general... Maybe not from the gate. I bet our president has pondered this very question.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

If she's respected in NBA circles within one of its best teams why wouldn't she? She led the Spurs to the summer league title a couple years ago.
ImageImageImageImage
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

I'm guessing she's a serious contender for the CSU men's opening going into next year. Not sure if she'd be interested enough to leave one of the best run organizations in the NBA though...
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I am all for diversity, but you have to draw the line somewhere....no way could I support a CSU grad.. :D
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

In all seriousness it wouldn't surprise if she received an opportunity and was successful as a Men's D-1 HC.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

She is more than qualified. I’d support the move but Edwards should be given at least 1-2 more years to prove himself. Would be interesting to have the University President and Men’s Basketball Coach both be Women CSU grads.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:11 pm She is more than qualified. I’d support the move but Edwards should be given at least 1-2 more years to prove himself. Would be interesting to have the University President and Men’s Basketball Coach both be Women CSU grads.
[/quote

As well as our track/cross country coach
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Just don't let C N N know about the Russian nationality thing.
They can't get over their stuff.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

alyssa wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:16 pm Just don't let C N N know about the Russian nationality thing.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

wyokoke wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:34 pm
alyssa wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:16 pm Just don't let C N N know about the Russian nationality thing.
Becky Hammon became a Russian citizen and played for the Russian team in the olympics 2x.