How are ties broken in MWC tourney seeding?

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
GOWYO
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

For instance, if we tie with SDSU for 5th/6th, and we split with them, what's the next tiebreaker?
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

GOWYO wrote:For instance, if we tie with SDSU for 5th/6th, and we split with them, what's the next tiebreaker?
Record than head to head and then I think it's record against top team both teams played. So a tie with SDSU would go to us with the wins over Nevada and Boise.

It could also have something to do with RPI or some type of ranking between the two teams.

Don't quote me on that but it definitely figures in there somewhere after ties.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Wyo2dal wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:10 pm
GOWYO wrote:For instance, if we tie with SDSU for 5th/6th, and we split with them, what's the next tiebreaker?
Record than head to head and then I think it's record against top team both teams played. So a tie with SDSU would go to us with the wins over Nevada and Boise.

It could also have something to do with RPI or some type of ranking between the two teams.

Don't quote me on that but it definitely figures in there somewhere after ties.

That's correct. Head to Head first, followed by record against top teams (starting with 1st place and moving down). If everything is equal than RPI is the final tiebreaker.

Only note on SDSU is that they still have one more game against both Nevada and Boise and both are in Viejas so they could very well win them both. Of course, if they do so, they will probably finish 11-7 and be ahead of us anyway so the tiebreakers won't matter.

Obviously the most important thing for Wyoming is to beat UNM and AFA in the AA. If the Pokes lose either of those, nothing really matters. Assuming the Pokes can get to 10-8, there could be all kinds of tiebreaker scenarios involved. On the positive side, the Pokes have wins over Nevada and BSU, on the negative side we have an 0-1 record against UNLV, so any tie with UNLV or multi-tie team tie (let's say with UNLV and UNM for example) will put us in a bad spot.