Utah State Game

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Wasn’t able to make this one. The good Pokes showed up in the first half. JJ unstoppable. Dalton peppy, Herndon in a coma. Hope Herndon can have a good second half. Go pokes
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:55 pm Wasn’t able to make this one. The good Pokes showed up in the first half. JJ unstoppable. Dalton peppy, Herndon in a coma. Hope Herndon can have a good second half. Go pokes
Nice to see James and Dalton both have good starts. Redding played really great D on Mcewen when he was in. Let’s finish strong and get to 7-4 and sole possession of 3rd
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

Great Win pokes. Definitely the smoothest win this team has had all season. 5 of our last 6 games.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

I was at this one. great win, we played solid d forced lots of turnovers and attacked the rim. We shot 50% from the floor mostly because we had a ton of layups and dunks. To top it off we even had 6 offensive rebounds.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

I really liked what I saw tonight. The kids looked rested, and other than their Nevada win, they played probably their most complete game of the year. Terrific effort from all involved. Well done!!
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I caught the second half I wasn't expecting much since we had such a big lead and as expected we won but second half could have been better at least we didn't give up a huge lead and struggle to win.

I never realize how spoiled we are with announcers until they aren't there.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Was a great game. Dissapointed in the student turnout for this one. Good thing the team didn't need much energy from the crowd. Surprised there wasn't more talk about it here. Have we given up on the team? We are currently in 3rd place. HAve a tough road trip while other teams around us have an easier 2 games so will most likely drop in the standings. If we can get 1 out of the next 2 that will be great. But it will be hard to do.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Would love to see our team remain in 3rd place come tourney time, but it will be tough. A 4-3 or a 3-4 finish is probably where we are headed, with tough games at SDSU, Boise, UNLV and Fresno. If we can sneak out a win or two there, we will be in great shape. If Dalton and James play like they did last night, sky’s the limit
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:28 am I caught the second half I wasn't expecting much since we had such a big lead and as expected we won but second half could have been better at least we didn't give up a huge lead and struggle to win.

I never realize how spoiled we are with announcers until they aren't there.
You mean Dave and Kevin? Where were they?
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Maybe, just maybe, Edwards learned something from the Fresno game. And that is tight, aggressive defense works - sticking closely to your man - going after the ball. I think that was the main difference I saw last night. The Pokes have the bench strength to cover the extra effort (and rest needed) for this.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

TSpoke wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:59 am Was a great game. Dissapointed in the student turnout for this one. Good thing the team didn't need much energy from the crowd. Surprised there wasn't more talk about it here. Have we given up on the team? We are currently in 3rd place. HAve a tough road trip while other teams around us have an easier 2 games so will most likely drop in the standings. If we can get 1 out of the next 2 that will be great. But it will be hard to do.
That's what happens when you get drubbed by 25 by Fresno and lose to a CRAP CSU team. Those were the two biggest crowds of the season
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

How Ut. State has 6 conference wins is the mystery of the century. I haven't seen AF play, yet, but the utags seems like easily the worst team in the conference. They suck. They have no one that even remotely scares me. Pathetic athletes and are nearly as skinny as we are.