FIRE EDWARDS

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

Not sure he needs to be fired. Pretty sure he needs to find a system, educate himself and his staff on that system, COACH his players in that system, and get after it.

That, and as I mentioned in another thread - GET THE GD TEAM CONDITIONED.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

McPeachy wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:53 am Not sure he needs to be fired. Pretty sure he needs to find a system, educate himself and his staff on that system, COACH his players in that system, and get after it.

Edwards said he thought Lou was tired last night, that 28 minutes was too much. Really? Shouldn't everyone of these kids be ready to play a full 40 if needed? I don't care if its Budda, Mueller, Averbuck, Dalton, or James, they all ought be well conditioned, enough to play extended minutes in the AA. I thought that was part of Edwards' goal, to be conditioned to run and wear down the other team at altitude. Looked like the Lobos were the ones doing that to us.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

I have said it before and I will say it again, Wyoming teams have looked out of shape for many years. Shyatt's teams were as bad as Edwards'. Not much is ever said about who is in charge of strength and conditioning for the basketball team, but whomever is responsible, is woefully inept. The bottom line is Edwards is the one ultimately responsible and he should be ashamed of what we see on that floor. They all look like they smoke too much, high 5 anyone?
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:39 am
McPeachy wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:53 am Not sure he needs to be fired. Pretty sure he needs to find a system, educate himself and his staff on that system, COACH his players in that system, and get after it.

Edwards said he thought Lou was tired last night, that 28 minutes was too much. Really? Shouldn't everyone of these kids be ready to play a full 40 if needed? I don't care if its Budda, Mueller, Averbuck, Dalton, or James, they all ought be well conditioned, enough to play extended minutes in the AA. I thought that was part of Edwards' goal, to be conditioned to run and wear down the other team at altitude. Looked like the Lobos were the ones doing that to us.
28 min was obviously too much for Lou. He only scored 30 points. What a moron. Lou should get 35 each game
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Still unsure what to think, who would be on our radar and better??? 2 years if on same trajectory
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Tbf....Lou Adams is pretty much a grandpa next to the other kids on the court

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

When I see players sucking air and hands on hips, I think of one solution: Road Work. Like boxers do. Do your 5 miles a day on the road in off season to build up aerobic capacity and you won't see this. I started this when I played tennis, and never got winded during a match. I liked running so much I gave up tennis and switched to distance running.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:31 am When I see players sucking air and hands on hips, I think of one solution: Road Work. Like boxers do. Do your 5 miles a day on the road in off season to build up aerobic capacity and you won't see this. I started this when I played tennis, and never got winded during a match. I liked running so much I gave up tennis and switched to distance running.
Good in theory, but when you are talking about a group of guys that 10 out of 15 are 6'6" or taller, then it becomes a not so great idea. That kind of training would get half the team laid up with lower body stress reactions/fractures or other chronic injuries in no time.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

WestWYOPoke wrote:
Adv8RU12 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:31 am When I see players sucking air and hands on hips, I think of one solution: Road Work. Like boxers do. Do your 5 miles a day on the road in off season to build up aerobic capacity and you won't see this. I started this when I played tennis, and never got winded during a match. I liked running so much I gave up tennis and switched to distance running.
Good in theory, but when you are talking about a group of guys that 10 out of 15 are 6'6" or taller, then it becomes a not so great idea. That kind of training would get half the team laid up with lower body stress reactions/fractures or other chronic injuries in no time.
Maybe lap swimming then?

whyoh
WyoNation Addict

whyoh wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:
Maybe lap swimming then?

Or stationary cycling?

Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:18 am
Boxers still run 4 to 5 miles a day, even though boxing (unlike basketball) is only about 20% aerobic. Now consider the fact that the top 10 heavyweight champions of the past were 6' 5" or over (one was 7'). They put in their road work. Monitoring for stress an injury is the job of the trainer. Aerobic training in a highly aerobic sport pays off.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

Adv8RU12 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:32 pm
WestWYOPoke wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:18 am
Boxers still run 4 to 5 miles a day, even though boxing (unlike basketball) is only about 20% aerobic. Now consider the fact that the top 10 heavyweight champions of the past were 6' 5" or over (one was 7'). They put in their road work. Monitoring for stress an injury is the job of the trainer. Aerobic training in a highly aerobic sport pays off.
A lot easier to monitor in a one-on-one setting than 10-to-one. Also, highly doubt that Wladimir Klitschko (6'6") ever ran 4-5 miles a day. A quick google search yields that he would typically swim instead of run:
Although Wladimir has three days off training during the week, he usually goes for a 45-minute swim on two of these days. “Swimming is better for him than running,” Banks says. “It’s less harsh on his joints.”
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

whyoh wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:23 am
whyoh wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:
Maybe lap swimming then?

Or stationary cycling?

Absolutely, both of these would be much safer for a "longer" athlete than running every day. Low-impact exercises (I.E. swim, bike, circuit training, yoga, etc.) can still work on the cardio aspect without putting the athlete at a high risk of chronic injuries.
bullpoke
Buckaroo

Still making sure everyone knows they can join on in when you finally see how bad it is. It may take some longer than others but every one will get here.. FIRE EDWARDS
I think this could be worse than Joby Wrong.. and Schroyer... just wait tell you watch next season.. SJSU just lost their 3 best players and they will end higher than us... what a train wreck we get to watch so get your popcorn and pull up a chair...
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

That's great you are rooting for a dumpster fire but it's not going to happen. He is either going to start winning and take a better job or we will be stuck in the lower middle of the conference for years before he leaves or the AD finally decides to go a different direction.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

As “bad” as a season we had, and as “bad”of a coach we had and have, we were a couple bounces and shots away from 3-4 more wins or 3-4 more losses. Given the fact that we had very little offensive production from the interior and were not a great three point shooting team and took way too many, we ended up where we probably should have. Losing 3 eligible players off an average team and having to replace 4 players could be a blessing in disguise. Let’s wait and see what AE has up his sleeve before we dismiss him and next years team. So far, the new recruits look pretty darn good
bullpoke
Buckaroo

I was reading through these posts and its like a broken record. Youd think by now we could say ohhh Edwards figured ___________ out.. but I cant think of one thing he does to help his teams or has changed to help them. He is still doing the exact same things hoping for a different ending.. There were a lot of people on the board still defending Edwards, can any of you give me something that's positive?
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Who's the replacement in the pipeline??? I don't see any better choice, except maybe Jeremy Shyatt? It was a disappointing loss to start the season last night tho!!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:30 pm Who's the replacement in the pipeline??? I don't see any better choice, except maybe Jeremy Shyatt? It was a disappointing loss to start the season last night tho!!
Screw that. When Edwards gets poop canned, its a total wipe. Clean house. Hire someone with a coaching pulse and let them build the staff.
tbcpoke
Buckaroo

It is hard to sit here and defend the guy but here i go. I did not like most of what i saw last night. it was hard to watch. Butt, and this is where it gets hard, if you go back and read through the posts all you hear is our frustration with his system. Two years in a row and coincidentally his first two years we have won more than 20 games. Yeah i know, they are not his players and now he will sink. i am not so sure. I don’t know why the new guys did not play last but i feel we have a group of dudes that will not suck in the future. Hunter/Hunter is a strong duo on the floor. Yes, mueller should not play. He will give you heart and is fair on D so he will get minutes. My incling is that as soon as the new guys catch the speed and function better on D, the minutes spread will change. i am not on the fire edwards bandwagon quite yet. We have one good returner (assuming that Naughton will not heal) to lead these dudes. last time we had this problem was a poop season and Josh Adams killed it among a mediocre team ending with a subpar record. I do not recall the Fire Shyatt chants when that happened. Not saying he is going to make it but his end results in the season has not indicated to me he needs firing.