Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Yes! Suck it weed smoking hippies. Go, pokes
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Wow can't believe we won that
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

The Pokes have played nearly an entire extra basketball game in overtime in the last week

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

What a strange basketball game. We don't win that without clutch shots from... Aka Gorski and Redding. There's nothing I love more than beating CSU especially with three Colorado kids in our starting lineup.. nothing better. That's four in a row.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

whyoh wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:25 pm The Pokes have played nearly an entire extra basketball game in overtime in the last week

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
40 minutes of OT this season. An entire game.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

That was another ugly game in a season full of ugly games. I really hope Dalton and James can keep finishing games off like they've been doing. Maybe we'll get lucky, make a run in the conference tournament, and some bigger school will make the mistake of taking Edwards and his staff off our hands.
Last edited by DVDA on Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Onto the game though, Aka Gorski was aggressively looking for his shot which is what he has needed to do all year. He's a waste of space if he isn't going to have a sharpshooter mentality.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Oops
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Ever notice how flat Gorski's shot is? Hardly any arc at all. I don't remember him shooting that way last year.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 64 times

Dalton was 8-16 tonight with 5-10 from 3 and 5-5 from the line for 26 points. A very nice bounce back from the 2 point game he had at SJS. James was 7-19 from the field and Herndon was 2-7 from the foul line. Gorski and Redding both played more than 30 minutes. We were down 16 with under 6 minutes to go. I have to admit I gave up but the players and coaches sure didn't. It's good to see guys step up like Gorski and Redding. We wouldn't have won without their timely 3's. It always a good night when sheep fans go home miserable!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

DVDA wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:27 pm That was another ugly game in a season full of ugly games. I really hope Dalton and James can keep finishing games off like they've been doing. Maybe we'll get lucky, make a run in the conference tournament, and some bigger school will make the mistake of taking Edwards and his staff off our hands.
Oh Please let this happen..
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

DVDA wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:29 pm Onto the game though, Aka Gorski was aggressively looking for his shot which is what he has needed to do all year. He's a waste of space if he isn't going to have a sharpshooter mentality.
he's still a bum. nice couple of shots tonight though :thumb:
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

What a crazy game. I don't know how you guys can post during the game I always need to wait until the next day and settle down and collect my thoughts. We played inconsistent as always but when CSU was doing things great they just seemed to be unconscious and hitting everything. It wasn't all bad defense. We made the right adjustments and got back in the game. It is not going to be normal to ride Redding and Gorski for as long as we did last night but it was the right call in that game. Gorski was playing well(for him) and Adams didn't show up and was hurting us out there. Don't remember Hunter doing anything to get benched so not sure why he didn't get to play more but Edwards was riding the squad that made the comeback. )Would be curious to see the Plus/minus from last night. I know at one point in the second half Foster tweeted the Gorski was the only player with a positive +/- at +12..kinda crazy)
We need Gorski to start hitting some shots again if we are gonna keep up the winning streak and make a play for the top of the conference. I'm not claiming he needs to get as many minutes as he did last night but if his shot keeps falling like the last couple games it will make him a quality sub for several minutes at a time.
Gotta love the fight in this team. They are very fun to watch even if during the stretches where we don't play well it can be excruciating.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

TSpoke wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:26 am What a crazy game. I don't know how you guys can post during the game I always need to wait until the next day and settle down and collect my thoughts. We played inconsistent as always but when CSU was doing things great they just seemed to be unconscious and hitting everything. It wasn't all bad defense. We made the right adjustments and got back in the game. It is not going to be normal to ride Redding and Gorski for as long as we did last night but it was the right call in that game. Gorski was playing well(for him) and Adams didn't show up and was hurting us out there. Don't remember Hunter doing anything to get benched so not sure why he didn't get to play more but Edwards was riding the squad that made the comeback. )Would be curious to see the Plus/minus from last night. I know at one point in the second half Foster tweeted the Gorski was the only player with a positive +/- at +12..kinda crazy)
We need Gorski to start hitting some shots again if we are gonna keep up the winning streak and make a play for the top of the conference. I'm not claiming he needs to get as many minutes as he did last night but if his shot keeps falling like the last couple games it will make him a quality sub for several minutes at a time.
Gotta love the fight in this team. They are very fun to watch even if during the stretches where we don't play well it can be excruciating.
I hate to say this, because I have been hard on him all year (rightfully and based off play) but the last couple games have been greatly impacted by Aka Gorski being able to hit a shot or two. If Edwards is going to insist on playing him, he has to have an impact on the offensive end. Hitting shots makes the defense actually pay attention to him and helps rotate other guys open. I am ok with his increased minutes if he's going to have an impact and the last few games he has done just enough to help the rotations.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

TSpoke wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:26 am What a crazy game. I don't know how you guys can post during the game I always need to wait until the next day and settle down and collect my thoughts. We played inconsistent as always but when CSU was doing things great they just seemed to be unconscious and hitting everything. It wasn't all bad defense. We made the right adjustments and got back in the game. It is not going to be normal to ride Redding and Gorski for as long as we did last night but it was the right call in that game. Gorski was playing well(for him) and Adams didn't show up and was hurting us out there. Don't remember Hunter doing anything to get benched so not sure why he didn't get to play more but Edwards was riding the squad that made the comeback. )Would be curious to see the Plus/minus from last night. I know at one point in the second half Foster tweeted the Gorski was the only player with a positive +/- at +12..kinda crazy)
For home games, which I go to, I obviously don't post. I always enjoy re reading the game threads as a way to relive the games. It's highly entertaining, especially the "in-the-moment" stuff. It makes for great reading. Raw emotion, I guess. When I re-read some of my stuff it sounds pretty dumb, but whatever! Isn't a game thread the very essence of sports massage boarding? My wife won't listen to my rantings so I guess you guys get to :rofl:
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:29 pm
For home games, which I go to, I obviously don't post. I always enjoy re reading the game threads as a way to relive the games. It's highly entertaining, especially the "in-the-moment" stuff. It makes for great reading. Raw emotion, I guess. When I re-read some of my stuff it sounds pretty dumb, but whatever! Isn't a game thread the very essence of sports massage boarding? My wife won't listen to my rantings so I guess you guys get to :rofl:
I agree about re-reading them but I never could cuz I know I will look back and feel dumb. IF it is a game we lose I am too frustrated to come here and talk with others even more miserable than me. haha. I agree that game threads are great things on boards I just can't do it.
nirv117
Ranch Hand

Does the MWC or UW or ATT offer replays of games aired on ATT? I had to listen on the radio and wouldn't mind watching it this weekend.
God is a Cowboy
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

nirv117 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:44 pm Does the MWC or UW or ATT offer replays of games aired on ATT? I had to listen on the radio and wouldn't mind watching it this weekend.
If you go to the MWC website you can find it easily in the archived section