Offensive rebounding

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WyoManiac
Buckaroo

Every team in this conference, and likely all division 1 bball crash the offensive glass. Well, every team but us. We continually get demoralized in this aspect. Do these teams struggle getting back on D against us? Do these teams continually allow us to leak ahead and get easy buckets off of their missed shots? I wonder how many games it's cost us in the Shyatt/Edwards era versus how many games it's won us. Maybe we win 2 or 3 games in the last 5 years by benefiting from this strategy, but at what cost? I simply can't see the philosophy behind this strategy. I'm trying to think of a football comparison... It's almost like if a team fumbled, instead of diving on the ball (thus keeping the possession alive), they concede the ball to the other team, but make sure to get back to prevent a scoop and score.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Without the offensive rebounding we had tonight, seemingly out of nowhere, we would have lost this game. Hope it continues.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 596 times
Been liked: 238 times

'PokeForLife wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:48 pm Without the offensive rebounding we had tonight, seemingly out of nowhere, we would have lost this game. Hope it continues.
It was by accident and Edwards won't even be able to realize that it helped
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:34 am
'PokeForLife wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:48 pm Without the offensive rebounding we had tonight, seemingly out of nowhere, we would have lost this game. Hope it continues.
It was by accident and Edwards won't even be able to realize that it helped
Maybe Edwards has been reading this forum. Ha, ha, ha.