Wyo vs. SoDak St. Bryce vs Seth Gross?

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Already a huge dual for Wyoming on Thursday but then I went on twitter last night and saw this
https://twitter.com/GoJacksWrestle/stat ... 4230391810 https://twitter.com/bmeredith001/status ... 9881374720 now I think Bryce was joking but then SDSUs coach chimed in
https://twitter.com/ChrisBono/status/953060877653172229 That would be must watch. I still doubt it happens and think Bridges will give Gross a tough match at 133, but some big named wrestlers (Dake, Askren) were tweeting about it
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

So Gross would be bumping up to 141 for this I take it?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

That would be amazing and just what the sport of wrestling needs!
303cowboy
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:46 am So Gross would be bumping up to 141 for this I take it?
I think so. I would think is no way Bryce could drop to 133.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

I'd like to see Bridges take on Gross.
303cowboy
Cowpoke

Looks like it's happening
https://twitter.com/FloWrestling/status ... 9078657025 https://twitter.com/GoJacksWrestle/stat ... 9307330561
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Awesome of both guys to seek out opportunities to compete against the best. Hopefully we come out on top as a team as well!
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times

What are the implications of this for the dual as a whole? It would be a great matchup at 141, but I would have to think that sdsu does this and just gives up a match to Bridges. I mean the dual was probably going to be close with the regular lineups and the 133-141 matches were likely going to be a split if Gross beats Bridges. This change in my eyes could be a difference of 6 or more points in our favor -- assuming Bryce beats Gross. I just don't think there is an upside for sdsu as a team in this scenario. It may come out to be a wash in the pts, but I think that it's interesting that their coach is considering this if he is looking for the best chance for a dual win.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

'PokeForLife wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:10 pm What are the implications of this for the dual as a whole? It would be a great matchup at 141, but I would have to think that sdsu does this and just gives up a match to Bridges. I mean the dual was probably going to be close with the regular lineups and the 133-141 matches were likely going to be a split if Gross beats Bridges. This change in my eyes could be a difference of 6 or more points in our favor -- assuming Bryce beats Gross. I just don't think there is an upside for sdsu as a team in this scenario. It may come out to be a wash in the pts, but I think that it's interesting that their coach is considering this if he is looking for the best chance for a dual win.
Of course, this could always act as insurance for SD. If they lose, "well we didn't use our best lineup in order to give everyone the match they wanted to see". And if they manage to win, even better for them. Obviously they want to win the dual, but if they don't they have an easier excuse.
303cowboy
Cowpoke

'PokeForLife wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:10 pm What are the implications of this for the dual as a whole? It would be a great matchup at 141, but I would have to think that sdsu does this and just gives up a match to Bridges. I mean the dual was probably going to be close with the regular lineups and the 133-141 matches were likely going to be a split if Gross beats Bridges. This change in my eyes could be a difference of 6 or more points in our favor -- assuming Bryce beats Gross. I just don't think there is an upside for sdsu as a team in this scenario. It may come out to be a wash in the pts, but I think that it's interesting that their coach is considering this if he is looking for the best chance for a dual win.
That's one heck of an assumption. Gross is a stud. Will be a good match for sure. If it happens I think the dual rides on that match.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

The best always seek out the best. Wrestling is an individual sport despite what the team scores may say. Awesome that Gross and his coach are on board to make this match!!
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke

303cowboy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:59 am
That's one heck of an assumption. Gross is a stud. Will be a good match for sure. If it happens I think the dual rides on that match.
It is a heck of an assumption. But like I said, assuming Gross beats Merideth, it still is just a wash on the pts because I think its a longshot that there are any bonus points earned in that match, and then they have to worry about Bridges pounding down on their 2nd 133 pounder (something that I think we would have a legitimate shot at getting bonus points out of). It seems more likely to me that this is an advantage for us as a team than for them.

And yes, it is an individual sport. And I would be excited to see that match go down. Just looking at all sides of the 12 sided die...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Colgan huge win over zilverberg!
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke

Off to a 10-0 start. Ashworth with a maj dec.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke

Anyone have a way to see up to date rankings of each wrestler? I'm not sure who on their team is ranked.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

'PokeForLife wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:47 pm Anyone have a way to see up to date rankings of each wrestler? I'm not sure who on their team is ranked.
Intermat wrestling. Just google intermat.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Meredith beats Gross 4-2!!

Pokes lose 20-18 but wrestled well. The dual really came down to Pope getting majored and Polson getting pinned. Colgan’s win solidified him with a solid seed in the Big 12s and NCAAs.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

We really need to find some decent upper weight guys. 174 and up are a terrible weakness.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

aranderson wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:41 pm We really need to find some decent upper weight guys. 174 and up are a terrible weakness.
Pope and Polson have wrestled pretty well this year overall. 197 and HWT have been pretty big weakenesses. I would expect that Eagan will be the starter from here on out at HWT as he has competed much better than Mullins.

Help is on the way!! Cale Davidson and Hayden Hastings have both redshirted this year. Both are likely upgrades and both have wrestled extremely well unattached this year. (Just like Montorie Bridges wrestled really well unattached last year)
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Dang. At least all our horses won