vs Utah St
@ UNLV
@ SDSU
vs SJSU
vs New Mexico
@ Fresno St
vs Air Force
@ Boise St

I will guess wins for vs Utah St, vs SJSU, vs New Mexico, and vs Air Force, and losses for all the road games as well as the Nevada and Fresno St home games.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

I don't care enough about this team to even guess.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Hard to say. If the BSU Second Half Cowboys show up.... anyone. If this Cowboys team shows up... maybe SJSU.... MAYBE. I don’t know.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

AFA, Utah State, New Mexico. Or maybe not after what I saw today.
castlerocker
Cowpoke

Laramie High and possibly Ten Sleep High, ....maybe.
PorkerPoke
Buckaroo

This team will win a random game here and there mostly at home and may win another surprise game they are not expected to win.

This is only a continuation of the cannot win in the MWC Shyatt show. The team is loaded with the players Shyatt last recruited. Shyatt's hand picked head coach (who agreed to give his little boy Jeremy a job instead of loading up on real assistants of value) inherited a boat load of weak players. With it being obvious that Shyatt did not recruit enough solid players needed to exceed .500 in MWC play, Edwards has also failed to supplement this senior dominated team with his first two recruiting classes. Only Adams and Maldonado contribute anything of value. His second recruiting class also includes "promising" recruits in Mack and Thompson who are red-shirting. Who knows what his third class brings. We have "promising" recruits committed.

The big question for me is not how many remaining games this team wins, it is how soon can the team become a true winner? Next year the team is James, Maldonado and Kelley along with those who have never played a D1 game. Other than Thompson and Mack who are red-shirting, I do not see anyone else currently on the roster that gets me excited for the next title run.

Rather than contemplate the few remaining MWC games that might tilt to the "W" side for UW this year, we really should focus on waiting until next year. It is a Wyoming tradition after the first few conference games. And in the meanwhile, let's hope we can at least be a repeat in the CBI because exiting the MWC tourney after one game with a sub .500 conference record is a bitter pill to swallow.

Go Pokes!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 595 times
Been liked: 238 times

I bet we finish 7-9 with an opening round tourney defeat
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

We will win enough to make another CBI unfortunately.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

PorkerPoke wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:44 pm This team will win a random game here and there mostly at home and may win another surprise game they are not expected to win.

This is only a continuation of the cannot win in the MWC Shyatt show. The team is loaded with the players Shyatt last recruited. Shyatt's hand picked head coach (who agreed to give his little boy Jeremy a job instead of loading up on real assistants of value) inherited a boat load of weak players. With it being obvious that Shyatt did not recruit enough solid players needed to exceed .500 in MWC play, Edwards has also failed to supplement this senior dominated team with his first two recruiting classes. Only Adams and Maldonado contribute anything of value. His second recruiting class also includes "promising" recruits in Mack and Thompson who are red-shirting. Who knows what his third class brings. We have "promising" recruits committed.

The big question for me is not how many remaining games this team wins, it is how soon can the team become a true winner? Next year the team is James, Maldonado and Kelley along with those who have never played a D1 game. Other than Thompson and Mack who are red-shirting, I do not see anyone else currently on the roster that gets me excited for the next title run.

Rather than contemplate the few remaining MWC games that might tilt to the "W" side for UW this year, we really should focus on waiting until next year. It is a Wyoming tradition after the first few conference games. And in the meanwhile, let's hope we can at least be a repeat in the CBI because exiting the MWC tourney after one game with a sub .500 conference record is a bitter pill to swallow.

Go Pokes!
I don't really think it matters who Edwards recruits. I don't think he is a good enough x and o's coach to ever make his teams go very far. His teams will always be at best mediocre to bad in my opinion. We will just have to watch this for the next 2 or 3 years I suppose until he finally gets let go.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict

calpoke25 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:03 am We will win enough to make another CBI unfortunately.
Would probably need to win 7 more to make CBI. After thinking about the Denver and Northern Colorado games, I'm not sure this will happen.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Is Mac better than Schroyer, Shyatt, and Edwards? I think looking at conference composition and accomplishments that it is apparent. It obvious we are a football first focus or else Burman would not be running athletics. Outside of a conference tourney run basketball is below what he replaced!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

calpoke25 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:03 am We will win enough to make another CBI unfortunately.
They need to turn down any CBI Invite or the fans should boycott it. Let it be known we aren't going to sit by and accept mediocrity year in and year out.
HomeOnTheRange
Buckaroo
Been liked: 2 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:54 pmI don't think he is a good enough x and o's coach to ever make his teams go very far
have to agree with this

we are 347th in the nation in offensive rebounding %. We rebound 19% of our missed shots...and we miss tons and tons of shots. It makes no sense to me

we're 276th in the nation in 3-pt FG% yet for some reason about half of our field goal attempts come from 3-pt range

we run an offense that creates the 17th most possessions per game yet are only 213th nationally in effective FG%

if we are going to miss tons and tons of threes, take tons and tons of bad shots and not try to rebound any of our misses.....we are going to lose tons and tons of basketball games

Larry Shyatt screwed us so hard by forcing us into a situation where we were looking for a new coach during a huge budget crunch. We ended up with the most piss poor coaching search the college basketball landscape has seen in several years. The result, Allen Edwards is our head coach
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict

The problem I see with Edwards is that he is quickly moving away from the Shyatt emphasis on defense under the assumption that a fast paced gunning offense will carry the game. That works if you have enough good offensive shooters. Edwards doesn't. He hasn't figured that out yet. He may never.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Any and all of them or none of them. Who knows. Depends what team shows up.
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

HomeOnTheRange wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:04 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:54 pmI don't think he is a good enough x and o's coach to ever make his teams go very far
have to agree with this

we are 347th in the nation in offensive rebounding %. We rebound 19% of our missed shots...and we miss tons and tons of shots. It makes no sense to me

we're 276th in the nation in 3-pt FG% yet for some reason about half of our field goal attempts come from 3-pt range

we run an offense that creates the 17th most possessions per game yet are only 213th nationally in effective FG%

if we are going to miss tons and tons of threes, take tons and tons of bad shots and not try to rebound any of our misses.....we are going to lose tons and tons of basketball games

Larry Shyatt screwed us so hard by forcing us into a situation where we were looking for a new coach during a huge budget crunch. We ended up with the most piss poor coaching search the college basketball landscape has seen in several years. The result, Allen Edwards is our head coach
I don't know, the Schroyer coaching search was much worse than the Edwards search.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Ill say 6, check it out at end of year