CSU

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

kdwrightuwyo wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:32 pm As a team, we haven't found our identity yet. Are a 3-point shooting team? Are a drive it to the hoop type team? Are we a defensive team? We have toyed with all of them, but haven't found one and made it ours. Once we decide who we are, we will develop into a team. I think that falls on the coaches and team captains. They SHOULD set the tone and establish the team culture. That's the piece that has been missing since Shyatt left.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Let's not kid ourselves. This team wasn't any good Shyatt's last season. The shot clock going from 35 to 30 seconds had a major impact on the style of play he preferred. As to team identity, I think that's a valid question. In my mind, the offense should go through James. Everything we do should be to set picks and run plays for him first. If he's double teamed, as he was much of yesterday, then we go to Herndon or Dalton. Cody Kelly should only shoot if the shot clock is winding down. To me, too many shots are thrown up by players who should never shoot. We just don't have much talent. We have 3 guys who have some offensive capability, and only 1 who can create his own shot. The problem is: other teams know this and that's why we have Cody Kelly going 2-8 yesterday. We only got 7 points from the bench. This where coaching comes in. Adams has been an absolute train wreck the last 3 games. He will not pull up and shoot an 8 footer. He's almost always out of control. He's been this way for a year and 1/2. I'm guessing the coaching staff is working with him but you wouldn't know watching him barrel down the lane like a chicken with his head cut off. We need him to penetrate but he's got find open guys and pull up when necessary. It almost never happens.

We simply can't win unless Dalton or James go off for a huge night. They didn't yesterday and that's why we lost. The rest of the team is simply incapable of any kind of consistent offensive production.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

not sure I like that linear PER. How could James have a neg rating?
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:43 pm not sure I like that linear PER. How could James have a neg rating?
The biggest thing I see is his turnovers. He leads the team in TO. By a decent amount