I think Momeka is the answer

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

We need rebounding and toughness so, so bad. Dalton and Herndon just aren't athletic or tough enough to hold down the fort on the inside. We get absolutely mauled inside by crappy post players like Furstinger from NM and Amigo from Denver. We made them look like world beaters. We give up so many offensive rebounds and get whipped one on one in the post, not to mention getting any offensive rebounds of our own.

Momeka was on the court a lot for the CBI championship run, and this year he's back to the bench? what the hell? He brings so much energy on defense and is a great rebounder and defender. Why he hasn't played more is mind blowing to me, especially because we are lacking exactly what he brings.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:11 am We need rebounding and toughness so, so bad. Dalton and Herndon just aren't athletic or tough enough to hold down the fort on the inside. We get absolutely mauled inside by crappy post players like Furstinger from NM and Amigo from Denver. We made them look like world beaters. We give up so many offensive rebounds and get whipped one on one in the post, not to mention getting any offensive rebounds of our own.

Momeka was on the court a lot for the CBI championship run, and this year he's back to the bench? what the hell? He brings so much energy on defense and is a great rebounder and defender. Why he hasn't played more is mind blowing to me, especially because we are lacking exactly what he brings.
The only thing I can come up with is Dalton's scoring and Herndon shot altering. And theyre both seniors. I think Moemeka and Thompson will be the answer next season though. I also would like to see more Naughton. He's big, strong, lumbering, and willing to do the dirty work. Not sure why Edwards has been so adverse to him when healthy... He is SO much better than Barnes yet is treated as if he's this teams Barnes.....
wyoair
Ranch Hand

I think the emphasis on rebounding (lack thereof) is a big reason to their softness and resulting carelessness with the ball. I don't know if any of you noticed that when they do get a board, they bring the ball very low (below head level) then have the ball tipped or flat out stolen resulting in a TO and extra possession. Diving for loose balls last night was another example of no urgency for the ball. Subtle examples of a bigger issue. Its a philosophical mindset and I hope that does not trickle down to Moemeka and Thompson next year. Maybe a little off topic but just my observations.
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

I haven't been able to watch as many games as I want to for a number of reasons but I absolutely hate hearing about us getting smashed the boards. My least favorite Poke's squads have always been the ones that get abused in the paint or don't make those hustle plays. Boarding is about intensity, desire, athleticism, and toughness. This team should have enough of those qualities to compete on the boards this year. I'm all for more Momeka and Naughton if they snag boards. They should be physical down there because hell if your minutes are short then damn sure make em count. Don't make anything easy in the paint. That kind of energy rubs off on the team too. Sounds like this team needs a true paint warrior and someone needs to step up into that role even if their role is limited.
Riding High!!!