Wyo-Boise

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

WyomingAg wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:05 pm
nashvillepoke wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:01 pm Is it bad coaching, or a lack of talent? It looks like we just don't have the talent that Boise has.
I feel the rebounding is coaching. Announcers say we lead the league in blocked shots. If we can lead the league in blocked shots we should be able to rebound

I can see your point. I still think we have some talent gaps with the upper teams in the conference.
bullpoke
Buckaroo

Here is some of what is wrong with Alan... I think he really struggles with identifing who is the best players.. It shows over and over.. last year not playing Dalton and James... this year playing Gorski.. and then all of a sudden he throws in redding.. (today)... who played early in the year then none... now again.. then he doesn't play Moemk..I think he really doesn't know how to manage his players.. and trys to play to many guys. oh and did i mention he plays Gorski...

I think his offense is designed to fail.. live by the 3 is a bad offense, esp on the road.. Having Herndon out on the 3 point line just is wrong.. he actually isn't bad with his back to the basket .. but wants to be a shooting guard. (which makes getting Rebounds pretty much impossible)

I just think our coach is lost.. i could give you a million examples..
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

nashvillepoke wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:10 pm
nashvillepoke wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:01 pm Is it bad coaching, or a lack of talent? It looks like we just don't have the talent that Boise has.
I feel the rebounding is coaching. Announcers say we lead the league in blocked shots. If we can lead the league in blocked shots we should be able to rebound

I can see your point. I still think we have some talent gaps with the upper teams in the conference.
I agree with you too on talent gaps, I just still think we could be a better team with the players we have with some better game plans and some basic basketball fundamentals
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

WyomingAg wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:13 pm
nashvillepoke wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:10 pm

I agree with you too on talent gaps, I just still think we could be a better team with the players we have with some better game plans and some basic basketball fundamentals

It does seem that we don't have any cohesiveness to our game plans. In fact I have trouble discerning what our game plans are.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Well this has been quite the turnaround! Need to keep the momentum.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

'PokeForLife wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:30 pm Well this has been quite the turnaround! Need to keep the momentum.
Yeah totally different half. Need to keep the momentum for a few more minutes
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

'PokeForLife wrote:Well this has been quite the turnaround! Need to keep the momentum.
Our Football and Basketball teams are polar opposites. Football had great 1st half games and was not existent in the second half. Basketball has non existent first half games and plays like champs in the second half of some games.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Looks like a different team. Edwards must have had some choice words at the half.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke

Boise shooting 16% for three and Hutchinson cooling off sure helps as well.
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

I really like Maldanado. Plays smart
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke

C'mon guys!!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Would really like to see Adams in the game for OT he creates shots better than just about anyone in the floor.
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

Hutchinson gets every call to go his way. I don't remember us ever having a player protected like that
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Refs inserting themselves in the game again. No call against Boise for an over the back hitting Dalton in the head on a rebound, then a foul on us on a total clean block knocking Herndon out of the game
poke em
Buckaroo

Herndon and James out, we are done.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke

KELLY!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

poke em wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:06 pm Herndon and James out, we are done.
Not so fast. We can ride the Dalton roller coaster for a few minutes. Moemecka playing great d.
poke em
Buckaroo

Jesus what a comeback!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

That is exactly why I wanted to see Adams in the game. It would have been nice to see him make those free throws and end it before all the craziness but that drive to the basket basically gave us that win.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Holy hell! What a comeback! It’s amazing what happens when you play your best lineup the majority of the minutes!