Wyoming @ Nevada

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
castlerocker
Cowpoke

Everytime the pokes lose a game we have to listen to the whining about the refs.

We starting to sound like BYu...and that's not good.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

castlerocker wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:57 am Everytime the pokes lose a game we have to listen to the whining about the refs.

We starting to sound like BYu...and that's not good.
I don't think that is the case at all. But the lack of good officiating last night was apparent to anyone that watched.
WilyWapiti
Ranch Hand

[/quote]
I don't think that is the case at all. But the lack of good officiating last night was apparent to anyone that watched.
[/quote]

Agreed. The non-flagrant (of any sort) against Adams was egregious, as were the two absolutely phantom calls against HD.

Then we get called for contact on drives that James and Adams never get.

It's tough to beat the 6th man in the stripped shirts...especially when you don't shoot well.

ww
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Yeah I can think of 5-6 calls that were egregious.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Why can't Dalton be as motivated for every game as he was against SDSU last week. You could the difference between the effort from early in the game. Was it because of the early foul trouble get him out of the flow or did he get the early fouls because he didn't have the same focus/energy he had? It is super frustrating.
It is great that if James has an off night Dalton is there to pick up the slack and vice versa but wish HD would be more consistent.

If we can knock off boise at home Saturday we will be sitting in a good spot. Even if we don't we will be ok but I think we can win the game at home.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

We shot 32 foul shots to their 25. But this board is always going to cry about the officiating. They got a little home cooking. Nothing out of the ordinary.

I thought our defense was pretty decent last night. We contested their outside shots well. The crazy bank 3 was pretty bad luck. Gorski 2-9, Kelly 1-7 and Dalton 1-5. Pretty tough to beat a good team when 3 key guys don't show up offensively. Overall, a good effort. Maldanado had some good minutes and Herndon was the best I've ever seen him defensively. We will win a lot of games if we keep taking it to the rim like last night. 32 foul shots on the road shows we aren't settling for 3's.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

bladerunnr wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:25 am We shot 32 foul shots to their 25. But this board is always going to cry about the officiating. They got a little home cooking. Nothing out of the ordinary.

I thought our defense was pretty decent last night. We contested their outside shots well. The crazy bank 3 was pretty bad luck. Gorski 2-9, Kelly 1-7 and Dalton 1-5. Pretty tough to beat a good team when 3 key guys don't show up offensively. Overall, a good effort. Maldanado had some good minutes and Herndon was the best I've ever seen him defensively. We will win a lot of games if we keep taking it to the rim like last night. 32 foul shots on the road shows we aren't settling for 3's.
Hey now we don't need any perspective or positivity here after losing a close game to a team people expected us to get blown out by. :D

Good post.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

bladerunnr wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:25 am We shot 32 foul shots to their 25. But this board is always going to cry about the officiating. They got a little home cooking. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Key is taking it to the rack.
wyoair
Ranch Hand

The fact that Gorski is a key player on this team is depressing as hell.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

bladerunnr wrote:We shot 32 foul shots to their 25. But this board is always going to cry about the officiating. They got a little home cooking. Nothing out of the ordinary.

I'm sorry did you say a little? I can count of 5-6 times over the last few games at Laramie where the refs would hold up play to review a call that wasn't even remotely close to a flagrant foul.

Lately Kevin & Dave question why the refs keep stopping the games to review nonsense.

Adams got mugged and it didn't get anything but a common foul. I've seen players ejected for far less contact.

The fact is the refs cost us that game more than we did. Adams was mugged by Caleb Martin who in turn finished a game with 19 points if he is ejected as he should have been there is nobody on that bench putting up 19 points and this game is different at the end.

All fans will complain about officiating that's just how sports are at all levels.

If you watched the foul and you can sit there and honestly say " head contact " is not a flagrant foul go read the rule books. That was a flagrant two plain and simple.

ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:02 am
bladerunnr wrote:We shot 32 foul shots to their 25. But this board is always going to cry about the officiating. They got a little home cooking. Nothing out of the ordinary.

I'm sorry did you say a little? I can count of 5-6 times over the last few games at Laramie where the refs would hold up play to review a call that wasn't even remotely close to a flagrant foul.

Lately Kevin & Dave question why the refs keep stopping the games to review nonsense.

Adams got mugged and it didn't get anything but a common foul. I've seen players ejected for far less contact.

The fact is the refs cost us that game more than we did. Adams was mugged by Caleb Martin who in turn finished a game with 19 points if he is ejected as he should have been there is nobody on that bench putting up 19 points and this game is different at the end.

All fans will complain about officiating that's just how sports are at all levels.

If you watched the foul and you can sit there and honestly say " head contact " is not a flagrant foul go read the rule books. That was a flagrant two plain and simple.
Even the homer announcers we surprised it wasnt atleast reviewed and one opined that it should have been F2