Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:27 am
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:46 am
poke_addict wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:03 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:16 pm You could argue Shyatts conference tourney win only to lose to Ft. Lewis as detrimental as anything. That was a large crowd that night. If memory serves, like 7K watched that team poop the bed against a team who had no business playing us let alone winning. That one hurt
That was a major buzz kill. Football was laying an egg. Everyone was amped up for the season after a first round selection and conference title. Huge crowd for an exhibition and everyone left with a sick feeling in there stomach.
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:24 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:16 pm You could argue Shyatts conference tourney win only to lose to Ft. Lewis as detrimental as anything. That was a large crowd that night. If memory serves, like 7K watched that team poop the bed against a team who had no business playing us let alone winning. That one hurt
That game still makes me sick
That game was brutal... One of the worst losses I have ever seen in my time as a Pokes fan....
Oh come now, it was an exhibition game. Shyatt was okay with losing it.
Can't tell if serious.....

Anyway we haven't had that many people in the AA since that game.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

That was a major buzz kill. Football was laying an egg. Everyone was amped up for the season after a first round selection and conference title. Huge crowd for an exhibition and everyone left with a sick feeling in there stomach.
That game was brutal... One of the worst losses I have ever seen in my time as a Pokes fan....
I really doubt Shyatt went home that night content with the loss and happy with the way that team played. You can't really believe that...
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:12 pm
I really doubt Shyatt went home that night content with the loss and happy with the way that team played. You can't really believe that...
I know we didn't play our starters the entire game. But when you have 7 k in attendance you better win that game.

I love Shyatt and what he did for the program but that entire season you could tell he wasn't coaching with the same intensity of previous years.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

poke_addict wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:54 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:12 pm
I know we didn't play our starters the entire game. But when you have 7 k in attendance you better win that game.

I love Shyatt and what he did for the program but that entire season you could tell he wasn't coaching with the same intensity of previous years.
He was completely checked out
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:38 am
Can't tell if serious.....

Anyway we haven't had that many people in the AA since that game.
:whistle:
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

FarEastPoke wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:16 pm I can't buy that. There is no way watching online is anything like being there, also, other schools' games are also seen online and they are well attended. There must be more to it than that.
In general, I would agree with you. But most other schools are in a city bigger than 30,000 to draw fans from. When a large chunk of your fan base is an hour out or more and games are in the middle of the work week, fans are usually going to be more willing to stay home and watch on the big screen. That's just the reality of the situation.

It's not anything like being there, but it's a lot cheaper.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:40 pm
FarEastPoke wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:16 pm I can't buy that. There is no way watching online is anything like being there, also, other schools' games are also seen online and they are well attended. There must be more to it than that.
In general, I would agree with you. But most other schools are in a city bigger than 30,000 to draw fans from. When a large chunk of your fan base is an hour out or more and games are in the middle of the work week, fans are usually going to be more willing to stay home and watch on the big screen. That's just the reality of the situation.

It's not anything like being there, but it's a lot cheaper.
Watching a game for free from your computer is a lot better than spending 20+ dollars for a lot of people. I've been to some great live games(upset of ranked Colorado at home sitting mid court about 5 rows up in the seats of someone who didn't show up, the last game at candlestick for the 49ers where they won on a crazy Navorro Bowman interception return for a touchdown, and countless other good UW basketball games) and those were memories I'll never forget, but I don't make enough money to be a season ticket holder and make it to every game. Simply watching at home is an easier and feasible option.