Bring on the Cocks,

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Didn't get to watch the game. Sounds like they hit shots and we didnt. I hope to work on the stats this afternoon, we'll see how things look.

Edwards really needs to figure out a way to adapt and adjust when 3s aren't falling. For whatever reason, we are good shooting 3s at home and cannot on the road. That doesnt bode well for conference play if we can't adjust.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Thought we had some chances in this game. The start of the 2nd half we came out and forced some turnovers and played great defense and when we pulled it to 6 I thought we should have had it tied up if we had just made our fast break points/layups/easy shots. When we go on a run and begin pulling closer it is because we are using our offense to get good shots(even if it is a 3 it seems to be a good 3) but then if the other team gets a baslet or 2 to stop our run we panic and feel the need to get the momentum back and shoot up a bad 3.
THe beginning of the 2nd half we were playing great and I really like the pressure man we were playing but then we switched to zone and they pulled away from us.
Herndon needs to get more aggressive(nothing new there but after last game I thought he might have figured it out)
Dissapointed in our ball security. The last few games we have taken care of the ball well after starting the season sloppy. This game our sloppiness showed up again. Not good.
After the first few games this year where Dalton looked like the best player in the conference he has really struggled. He needs to get it figured out, which I think he will but with him in a slump it makes it hard to win games.
I really wanted to win this game but knew it would be tough to do so on to the next one.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I think Dalton may be injured. He doesn't look like himself
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

didn't watch either, just saw final score and said, "that's about right on the road, unfortunately" next 5 at home NO excuses, get it done!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I believer Edwards needs to take this team out to several different high school gyms and have them practice shooting their 3s in unfamiliar surroundings. Maybe that would help with their shooting woes on the road. It's a little late now - he should have done it pre-season.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

WYCowboy wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:34 pm I believer Edwards needs to take this team out to several different high school gyms and have them practice shooting their 3s in unfamiliar surroundings. Maybe that would help with their shooting woes on the road. It's a little late now - he should have done it pre-season.
Or they could attempt to take the ball to the hoop once in a while. I feel like I'm watching city league ball when I watch them. Everyone just camps out behind the three point line.