Cowboys vs Bearcats

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

The refs are letting them get away with some Shaquille O'Neal bull rushes down low. We can't defend them if the refs let them out physical us with bullrush.

We miss James the most on the defensive end. We need the extra big body to defend in the post.

Maybe we'll see Naugthon in the second half.

Something has to change. This is embarrassing.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

He should put Moemeka and Naughton down low and let Herndon and Dalton play the wings with Redding a pg. Nothing else has worked so why not.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:24 pm Buffalo is that much better than the Pokes? Doesn't bode well for the season.
Buffalo isn't better than Wyoming. Buffalo lost today to South Dakota St. by 14.

Buffalo was down by 15 or more points against Cincy also and made a run to come back and get in the game late. I don't think Cincy was playing very hard that game though or with as much intensity.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Well that was ugly.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

I don't get why Dalton keeps handing the ball off, it's like he doesn't even want to shoot it.

We'll definitely get to see how this team handles adversity because this type of beating will create a lot of it.
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

19% from the floor. Ouch
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Terrible time for a let down game. Cincy is good, there’s no doubt. But Wyoming is doing nothing to help themselves. This second half Cincy has come back to earth a bit and Wyoming can’t do anything to make difference.

Bad News: we may not be as good as we thought
Good News: this will be the best team we face all year. We’ll face a lot more South Dakota States then we will Cincys
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Bearcats with 3 runs of 10+ Wyoming with nothing other than, What's a run?

Not only are they an outstanding rebounding team but they can't miss from anywhere on the floor.
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

Lmao what is with maldonado from that left corner? That's twice this tournament he has hit the side of the backboard on a corner three. Haha oof.
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

Wyo2dal wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:53 pm Bearcats with 3 runs of 10+ Wyoming with nothing other than, What's a run?

Not only are they an outstanding rebounding team but they can't miss from anywhere on the floor.
It sure seems like several of their offensive rebounds have come from our simple inability to grab the ball, they've had a bunch of putbacks that have bounced off of multiple pokes hands.
But, yes, they are a very very good rebounding team.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Jesus do they miss?
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Adams really needs to learn how to close out on shooters without fouling them... it’s absurd how often he bails out shooters
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Adams really needs to learn how to close out on shooters without fouling them... it’s absurd how often he bails out shooters
While I don't disagree with that I'm letting it go because without Adams tonight we're down by 40+ he is literally the only Cowboy playing with fire and passion right now.

Can't help but wonder why all our small players keep trying to take it to the paint. When Adams does it I have faith he can do it from above the basket but anyone else no faith in them dunking over anyone.
Last edited by Wyo2dal on Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

Kelly really has no business playing in this game.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

nashvillepoke wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:10 pm Kelly really has no business playing in this game.
I see him in the game but not playing it.
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

I'm gonna have to disagree with whoever said Aka Gorski is in the best shape he's ever been in. He looks just as slow as he always has. Huge liability defensively like always, poor ball handler, and really only should be on the floor on nights when his shot is dropping. He played very well against Louisiana and we needed him.
Against teams like this with their length and disruptiveness, his lack of quickness really stands out.
Not wanting to ride on him too much because we've been destroyed to a man by Cincinnati, but I really don't see the improved quickness with Gorski that some have mentioned.
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

Wyo2dal wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:07 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Adams really needs to learn how to close out on shooters without fouling them... it’s absurd how often he bails out shooters
While I don't disagree with that I'm letting it go because without Adams tonight we're down by 40+ he is literally the only Cowboy playing with fire and passion right now.

Can't help but wonder why all our small players keep trying to take it to the paint. When Adams does it I have faith he can do it from above the basket but anyone else no faith in them dunking over anyone.
I was gonna respond the same thing about Adams but saw you already had. For the majority of this game it seemed like he was the only player who didn't back down from the challenge. A lot of our guys really seemed to disappear and didn't want to take shots, but Adams played hard all game. Take the good with the bad with him.
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

Granted we got killed on the scoreboard, aside from a player or two I didn't feel like we were completely overmatched. I like our chances against almost anyone as the year progresses. I don't think we will have too many halves where we shoot 20% from the floor.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

nashvillepoke wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:29 pm Granted we got killed on the scoreboard, aside from a player or two I didn't feel like we were completely overmatched. I like our chances against almost anyone as the year progresses. I don't think we will have too many halves where we shoot 20% from the floor.
I think Nevada will cause us some problems with their size and strength. Glad we got this one out of the way... No more ugly losses!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

We are a better team than what we saw last night - and it wasn't just because JJ was out. Cinci is a very good team and well coached.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.