Cowboys vs Bearcats

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

So in everyone's mind this game is a wash and we have no chance.

It's going to tell us a lot about our team and how they handle adversity and playing up to someone else's level which they have to do to win today.

Hoping for a great game but really really hoping for a win it would go a long way for this team.ImageImage
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Who has Cincy played so far this year? Anyone of note?
wyoair
Ranch Hand

Wyo2dal wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:18 am So in everyone's mind this game is a wash and we have no chance.

It's going to tell us a lot about our team and how they handle adversity and playing up to someone else's level which they have to do to win today.

Hoping for a great game but really really hoping for a win it would go a long way for this team.ImageImage
The Pokes definitely have the length and athleticism to match up with the Cats and are playing very well defensively. The key I believe is two fold, play defense near and around the key to keep Washington, Clark and Evans in check as each one is capable of 15+ a game. You won't stop all three but if you can hold 1-2 guys in check that will go far. That will come down to Herndon, Dalton and Moemeka. The other is limit turnovers. If the Pokes can limit them to 10 or less it will be closer than most think, if they play like they did yesterday the Cats will eat them alive. There are a lot of similarities in style and make-up of these teams. It will be fun!
castlerocker
Cowpoke

Looks like they have just been padding their record but there might be some good teams in there.

Savannah State
Coppin State
Western Carolina
Buffalo
Richmond
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Cincy's only opponent that was decent this year was Buffalo. I think they will probably win the MAC.

Richmond who they beat yesterday isn't a good team this year at all. Jacksonville St. beat them worse (by 33 points) than Cincy did and Richmond also lost at home to Delaware by 13 points. Still not sure how they beat UAB. Think it was a fluke.

Everyone else has been cupcake city for them. Even Louisiana beat Savannah St. worse than Cincy did. I know you can't compare scores but my point is just because Cincy has blown out 4 or their 5 opponents doesn't mean they are unbeatable they just haven't played anyone other than Buffalo and Buffalo had it to a 4 point game with a minute to go in the game.

Wyoming will have to play their best to win but I don't think the Bearcats are invincible. Biggest problem I see in the game is Wyoming can't turn the ball over because Cincy likes to create turnovers. If Wyoming can somehow figure out a way to stay under control they could have a shot at the end of the game. If not then yeah we could get beat by 20 points also.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
wyoair
Ranch Hand

castlerocker wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:10 am Looks like they have just been padding their record but there might be some good teams in there.

Savannah State
Coppin State
Western Carolina
Buffalo
Richmond
Xavier
Florida
Mississippi State
UCLA
just prior to Memphis starting conference play. We will see where we are after after these games.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Pokes have a great opportunity today and nothing to lose. This tournament has been a success regardless of the result tonight
wyoair
Ranch Hand

gopokes1399 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:19 am Pokes have a great opportunity today and nothing to lose. This tournament has been a success regardless of the result tonight
Exactly. If you would have said at the beginning of the year that the Pokes would be playing in the Cayman Islands championship game against Cincinnati in a field that had South Dakota St and Iowa I'd be ecstatic.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Turnovers and offensive rebounds. Those will be the difference as the Pokes will learn.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

I agree this is a true grow up game and proof that a veteran team can get it done on the road, I've been very happy with the performance so far, but limit the turnovers and shoot the ball well and we should be Aok!!! Get it done Pokes!! #12 is just a number and can be lost just as easy as it was earned!!! Beat the Bearcats!
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

The tournament has definitely been a success. Very proud of this team so far this season. Hasn't always been pretty but this team knows how to make plays when it matters. We are capable of beating Cinci no doubt in my mind. It won't break our season by any means with a loss but what a huge opportunity this is to make some early noise and get a high quality win on a neutral court.
Dutchnation
Ranch Hand

is there a stream for this game? Im guessing it is not on tv.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

It's being streamed on PokesNation Youtube channel. To find that, pull up youtube, type pokesnation in the YOUTUBE search bar. Hit enter.....

Voila.

There's even a link so you can watch the other games of the tourney.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Dutchnation
Ranch Hand

Thanks CJ. I appreciate it!!!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Dutchnation wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:19 pm Thanks CJ. I appreciate it!!!
No problem. I just discovered that youtube channel last night and watched our Louisiana win.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Dutchnation
Ranch Hand

yes. Im watching it now! Hope we can take down the bearcats.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict

Cowboy Junky wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:18 pm It's being streamed on PokesNation Youtube channel. To find that, pull up youtube, type pokesnation in the YOUTUBE search bar. Hit enter.....
I did that. And I got PokesNation. And it listed a time of 6:30 for the Cincinnati game. Does that mean it is delayed on YouTube?
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:31 pm
Cowboy Junky wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:18 pm It's being streamed on PokesNation Youtube channel. To find that, pull up youtube, type pokesnation in the YOUTUBE search bar. Hit enter.....
I did that. And I got PokesNation. And it listed a time of 6:30 for the Cincinnati game. Does that mean it is delayed on YouTube?
Maybe he lives in the central time zone? Game starts 7:30 est time. So would be 5:30 mountain.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict

seattlecowboy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:39 pm
Adv8RU12 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:31 pm
Maybe he lives in the central time zone? Game starts 7:30 est time. So would be 5:30 mountain.
The reason I questioned it is that the SJSU football game is listed on PokesNation YouTube as starting at 3:00, which is the correct MST for the game.