Versus the Cajuns

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
wyoair
Ranch Hand

laxwyo wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:59 pm
wyoair wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:27 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:56 pm I watched Buffalo against Cincy last night and Buffalo cut it to a 4 point game with bout a minute left and would have been a 2 point game but Buffalo coach got T that hurt the team about 30 seconds before that. Buffalo looks like they should win the MAC conference.

Wyoming will have a chance to knock Cincy off assuming they win which I think they will.
I went to grad school at UC after graduating from Laramie so I follow them closely as well. UC is damn good defensively and have been since Mick Cronin has been there ranking 9th in scoring defense last year (only 43 this year) however they return nearly everyone save Troy Coupain. They run a 2 guard, 3 PF set. Their guard play is still in the works although Jarron Cumberland (15.8 ppg) was the player of the year in Ohio 2 years ago and sat behind Troy Coupain most of the year; although Cane Broome (9.5 ppg) has been a nice addition out of Holy Cross. There may not be a better group of forwards in the country with Gary Clark (14.3 ppg), Jacob Evans (12.0 ppg) and Kyle Washington (10.8 ppg) (transfer from NC State). If UW can't limit their turnovers it won't be close. UC forces turnovers very well so that does not bode well for the Pokes who like to give the ball away, Lou might have to sit next game if he shows what he did today. I'm not saying it can't/won't happen but this 18 turnovers a game crap can't happen.
Did you just say that you voluntarily went to UC and survived?
Yep. It is a top 20 program for what I'm doing now. The campus is beautiful. Lots of old vs new architecture since it was established in 1819. Skyline Chili was a perk as was all the Reds games I went to. I was there a year after Brian Kelly took them to the Sugar Bowl so that sucked but otherwise it was a great experience as was taking in the UC and Xavier rivalry. It was much different for this Wyoming boy. Other parts of Cincinnati, no way I would go into.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

wyoair wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:43 am
seattlecowboy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:56 pm I watched Buffalo against Cincy last night and Buffalo cut it to a 4 point game with bout a minute left and would have been a 2 point game but Buffalo coach got T that hurt the team about 30 seconds before that. Buffalo looks like they should win the MAC conference.

Wyoming will have a chance to knock Cincy off assuming they win which I think they will.
I went to grad school at UC after graduating from Laramie so I follow them closely as well. UC is damn good defensively and have been since Mick Cronin has been there ranking 9th in scoring defense last year (only 43 this year) however they return nearly everyone save Troy Coupain. They run a 2 guard, 3 PF set. Their guard play is still in the works although Jarron Cumberland (15.8 ppg) was the player of the year in Ohio 2 years ago and sat behind Troy Coupain most of the year; although Cane Broome (9.5 ppg) has been a nice addition out of Holy Cross. There may not be a better group of forwards in the country with Gary Clark (14.3 ppg), Jacob Evans (12.0 ppg) and Kyle Washington (10.8 ppg) (transfer from NC State). If UW can't limit their turnovers it won't be close. UC forces turnovers very well so that does not bode well for the Pokes who like to give the ball away, Lou might have to sit next game if he shows what he did today. I'm not saying it can't/won't happen but this 18 turnovers a game crap can't happen.
Yep. It is a top 20 program for what I'm doing now. The campus is beautiful. Lots of old vs new architecture since it was established in 1819. Skyline Chili was a perk as was all the Reds games I went to. I was there a year after Brian Kelly took them to the Sugar Bowl so that sucked but otherwise it was a great experience as was taking in the UC and Xavier rivalry. It was much different for this Wyoming boy. Other parts of Cincinnati, no way I would go into.
Yeah, when I visited my mom in WV, I spoke to a woman that went you UC. My impression that it’s located in the hood and you shouldn’t leave campus
W-Y, Until I Die!
wyoair
Ranch Hand

laxwyo wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:34 pm
wyoair wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:43 am

Yeah, when I visited my mom in WV, I spoke to a woman that went you UC. My impression that it’s located in the hood and you shouldn’t leave campus
Very much in the hood (urban research university), north Cincy. Xavier is northeast, basically in the suburbs. Newport and Covington, KY are right across the river and really sketch so that adds to the problem.