Versus the Cajuns

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

whyoh wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:46 pm Anyone else think Iowa would have shown up better than this?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Iowa was picked in the top half of the Big Ten but they are also missing one their best players, John Baer. He was the Big Ten 6th man of the year and was the teams best rebounder and defender. It hurt Iowa not having him for the tournament.

Helps Wyoming's RPI though that SDSU beat them.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

poke_addict wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:52 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:48 pm
whyoh wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:46 pm Anyone else think Iowa would have shown up better than this?

I expected Iowa to be in the hunt to win it. Not to completely fold in the face of pressure... They look really bad. That being said, South Dakota did look much better today...
Really wish we were the ones that got to hand Iowa a loss. But we beat both the teams they lost to.
Yeah we'll still get the benefit of it. This tournament is going to only boost our credibility. Lots of good teams
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

I watched Buffalo against Cincy last night and Buffalo cut it to a 4 point game with bout a minute left and would have been a 2 point game but Buffalo coach got T that hurt the team about 30 seconds before that. Buffalo looks like they should win the MAC conference.

Wyoming will have a chance to knock Cincy off assuming they win which I think they will.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

wyoair
Ranch Hand

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:41 pm
wyoair wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:40 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:39 pm
wyoair wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:38 pm Guess this stat line, not great offensively mind you but very good defensively.

6 points, 6 boards, 2 assists, 2 steals 1 block and 0 turnovers.
JJ?

EDIT: No thats Moemeka
Very good!
Definitely not a noteworthy box score today but I think Moemeka was the player of the game. He (and Herndon to some extent) forced the Cajuns to alter shots and take off balance shots instead of the easy, high percentage shots they got yesterday against Iowa. He was absolutely huge today.
Exactly. A team needs those type of hard nose, smart players. His stats won't jump out at you but he does all the little, not so glamorous things that help you win. Time will tell, maybe his O game will come along. We have plenty of offensive capability on this team now so I'll take that stat line from him every night.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

wyoair wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:00 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:41 pm
wyoair wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:40 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:39 pm
wyoair wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:38 pm Guess this stat line, not great offensively mind you but very good defensively.

6 points, 6 boards, 2 assists, 2 steals 1 block and 0 turnovers.
JJ?

EDIT: No thats Moemeka
Very good!
Definitely not a noteworthy box score today but I think Moemeka was the player of the game. He (and Herndon to some extent) forced the Cajuns to alter shots and take off balance shots instead of the easy, high percentage shots they got yesterday against Iowa. He was absolutely huge today.
Exactly. A team needs those type of hard nose, smart players. His stats won't jump out at you but he does all the little, not so glamorous things that help you win. Time will tell, maybe his O game will come along. We have plenty of offensive capability on this team now so I'll take that stat line from him every night.
He seems like a Derek Cooke type but I think he's better at this stage of his career than DC was.... And thats not a knock on DC
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:54 pm
poke_addict wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:52 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:48 pm

I expected Iowa to be in the hunt to win it. Not to completely fold in the face of pressure... They look really bad. That being said, South Dakota did look much better today...
Really wish we were the ones that got to hand Iowa a loss. But we beat both the teams they lost to.
Yeah we'll still get the benefit of it. This tournament is going to only boost our credibility. Lots of good teams
Yes agreeded.... The main reason I wanted to play Iowa was for a little payback from the gridiron lol
wyoair
Ranch Hand

seattlecowboy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:56 pm I watched Buffalo against Cincy last night and Buffalo cut it to a 4 point game with bout a minute left and would have been a 2 point game but Buffalo coach got T that hurt the team about 30 seconds before that. Buffalo looks like they should win the MAC conference.

Wyoming will have a chance to knock Cincy off assuming they win which I think they will.
I went to grad school at UC after graduating from Laramie so I follow them closely as well. UC is damn good defensively and have been since Mick Cronin has been there ranking 9th in scoring defense last year (only 43 this year) however they return nearly everyone save Troy Coupain. They run a 2 guard, 3 PF set. Their guard play is still in the works although Jarron Cumberland (15.8 ppg) was the player of the year in Ohio 2 years ago and sat behind Troy Coupain most of the year; although Cane Broome (9.5 ppg) has been a nice addition out of Holy Cross. There may not be a better group of forwards in the country with Gary Clark (14.3 ppg), Jacob Evans (12.0 ppg) and Kyle Washington (10.8 ppg) (transfer from NC State). If UW can't limit their turnovers it won't be close. UC forces turnovers very well so that does not bode well for the Pokes who like to give the ball away, Lou might have to sit next game if he shows what he did today. I'm not saying it can't/won't happen but this 18 turnovers a game crap can't happen.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

wyoair wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:27 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:56 pm I watched Buffalo against Cincy last night and Buffalo cut it to a 4 point game with bout a minute left and would have been a 2 point game but Buffalo coach got T that hurt the team about 30 seconds before that. Buffalo looks like they should win the MAC conference.

I went to grad school at UC after graduating from Laramie so I follow them closely as well. UC is damn good defensively and have been since Mick Cronin has been there ranking 9th in scoring defense last year (only 43 this year) however they return nearly everyone save Troy Coupain. They run a 2 guard, 3 PF set. Their guard play is still in the works although Jarron Cumberland (15.8 ppg) was the player of the year in Ohio 2 years ago and sat behind Troy Coupain most of the year; although Cane Broome (9.5 ppg) has been a nice addition out of Holy Cross. There may not be a better group of forwards in the country with Gary Clark (14.3 ppg), Jacob Evans (12.0 ppg) and Kyle Washington (10.8 ppg) (transfer from NC State). If UW can't limit their turnovers it won't be close. UC forces turnovers very well so that does not bode well for the Pokes who like to give the ball away, Lou might have to sit next game if he shows what he did today. I'm not saying it can't/won't happen but this 18 turnovers a game crap can't happen.
Adams needs some counseling, IMHO. He's not in control of his emotions.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Yeah Cincy has the length to match Wyoming for sure. They are a tough team but also don't look unbeatable. Wyoming will have to play its best game of the year to beat Cincy. I'm not counting on a win but just depends on how Wyoming handles the ball like you say and how Wyoming shoots.

Side note although doesn't mean much this time of year. Wyoming's up to date RPI is #7 in the country and SOS rank is 28. Wish that would hold up ;) A win against Cincy would at least keep it higher.

wyoair
Ranch Hand

seattlecowboy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:24 pm

Yeah Cincy has the length to match Wyoming for sure. They are a tough team but also don't look unbeatable. Wyoming will have to play its best game of the year to beat Cincy. I'm not counting on a win but just depends on how Wyoming handles the ball like you say and how Wyoming shoots.

Side note although doesn't mean much this time of year. Wyoming's up to date RPI is #7 in the country and SOS rank is 28. Wish that would hold up ;) A win against Cincy would at least keep it higher.
I 'm definitely torn but I wouldn't hate UW upsetting UC. The Pokes need as good of a resume as they can get, plus that shows where we are as a team if they beat Cincy. A loss won't kill Cincy's season. They will make it to the dance again and will hopefully win the American this year (between them and Wichita State).
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Start I really loved about this game is bench players winning it for us. In years past once the starters are out we almost always falter.

This team has solid depth better than I've seen in years and this could be a great season to watch. Coming off the CBI if we can win this tourny it'll put the entire MWC on notice that we aren't a 6th place team.

Hoping we get started early tomorrow on the shooting and leave the turnovers in the past.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

You can see the foundation Papa Shy built years ago. It's still here.

Lock them down defensively(neutralizing the other teams best offensive threat 2 games in a row). Draw charges. Hit free throws.

You can win a lot of games doing those things.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Richmond has been ice cold so far

disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Well! With Dalton only getting 2 and James only 6 and the Pokes winning - that really says something about the team! I'm not sure exactly what, but it does say something.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

whyoh wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:11 pm Richmond has been ice cold so far

Yeah Richmond isn't very good. I was surprised somewhat they beat UAB yesterday. They came into the tournament 0-2 and one of their losses was to Jacksonville St. by 31 points. If you lose at home to Jacksonville St. by 31 then you have major problems. Richmond usually has a good basketball team so not sure what their problem is this year.

carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

You ever seen that movie Deliverance? Richmond is squealing right now. They are getting plowed
wyoair
Ranch Hand

40-14 at the half.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

I haven't seen a team that cold in the first half since....well since that time we did the same thing to SDSU

disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Fresno is on CBS sports right now if u want a look
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Did you just say that you voluntarily went to UC and survived?
W-Y, Until I Die!