Cayman Islands Tourney

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

carbonpoke wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:32 am South Dakota is handling Iowa easily.

Iowa coming back. 3 point game now.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Ya I was just gonna say that. Lol.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

I’m hoping we take care of business today and face Cincy in the tourney. They are a marquis win we need to build our resume and I’ll never forget back in 94 when they came to Laramie and we had them beat, but lost. Lazelle Durden went off that night :(. I was working at the Sports bar and grill and John and Bobby Huggins were drinking the night away after the game
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Vt poke wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:47 am I’m hoping we take care of business today and face Cincy in the tourney. They are a marquis win we need to build our resume and I’ll never forget back in 94 when they came to Laramie and we had them beat, but lost. Lazelle Durden went off that night :(. I was working at the Sports bar and grill and Joby Wright and Bobby Huggins were drinking the night away after the game
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Vt poke wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:47 am I’m hoping we take care of business today and face Cincy in the tourney. They are a marquis win we need to build our resume and I’ll never forget back in 94 when they came to Laramie and we had them beat, but lost. Lazelle Durden went off that night :(. I was working at the Sports bar and grill and John and Bobby Huggins were drinking the night away after the game
I remember that game. Thought we had it won but didn't we foul them on a 3 ball or something and they made free throws. Can't remember now but some weird deal happened.

As far as today it will be a tough game. If we shoot like we did yesterday we will get beat. We also need to take care of the ball. Got to cut out stupid turnovers. Will probably be an up and down game as Louisiana likes to get up the court also so not turning the ball over will be key.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Apparently the Hawkeyes went on Vakay instead of focus on BBall, but their "strength of schedule" will get them something, whatever....lol
Spiderwebb06
Buckaroo

anyone have a link for todays game?
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Spiderwebb06 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:04 pm anyone have a link for todays game?
Still looking for a link as well. But can't find any free one's. Only have audio right now through gowyo.com.
nashvillepoke
Ranch Hand

Yay!! Gamecast like it is 1993
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

WyomingAg wrote:
Spiderwebb06 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:04 pm anyone have a link for todays game?
Still looking for a link as well. But can't find any free one's. Only have audio right now through gowyo.com.
The CBS Sports isn't that bad, $10 for the month then simply cancel it.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

South Dakota working Buffalo
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:09 pm South Dakota working Buffalo
Yeah I am watching some of it. Iowa beat UAB by 10 points also.

Doesn't mean much for our game but will be interesting to see if our half of the bracket all wins their games by double digits before our game. Wyoming's half of the bracket looking better so far.

Buffalo could be out of gas after their OT win yesterday afternoon and then having to come back and play in the morning.

Louisiana should beat Richmond but curious to see how much they beat them by.

TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Thought this thread might be a good one to put my thoughts on the tournament. It was a blast. The Island was great got to do some scuba diving and watch some fun basketball games in a very small venue. Spent WAY too much money. Got to meet some good Cowboy fans and spend some time with players families. Great people.
As far as the games, its been several days so my memory might not be the best. I was really pleased with the games. The first game I didn't think we played all that great and wasn't shooting very well but still found ways to get the win. We took a lead then weathered a storm where they came back then finished them off. and the second game I was pleased with how we played without getting much from JJ or Hayden. We had other players step up which is a great thing and shows that if someone is having an off night we have plenty of other players that can step up in their place. I really would have liked to see us play UC with JJ. They are a very good team but I think JJ could have been able to make some shots against their tough D and we wouldn't have started down 20-2. I knew we would need everyone to play lights out to have a chance without JJ and we didn't(not even close). Would I bet on us winning with JJ? No. but I would like to see how we would have matched up.
Overall, I think it was a successful trip and plenty to be excited about moving forward. If Adams continues to play the way he did down there then he will be a big piece of the puzzle moving forward.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

TSpoke wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:17 am Thought this thread might be a good one to put my thoughts on the tournament. It was a blast. The Island was great got to do some scuba diving and watch some fun basketball games in a very small venue. Spent WAY too much money. Got to meet some good Cowboy fans and spend some time with players families. Great people.
As far as the games, its been several days so my memory might not be the best. I was really pleased with the games. The first game I didn't think we played all that great and wasn't shooting very well but still found ways to get the win. We took a lead then weathered a storm where they came back then finished them off. and the second game I was pleased with how we played without getting much from JJ or Hayden. We had other players step up which is a great thing and shows that if someone is having an off night we have plenty of other players that can step up in their place. I really would have liked to see us play UC with JJ. They are a very good team but I think JJ could have been able to make some shots against their tough D and we wouldn't have started down 20-2. I knew we would need everyone to play lights out to have a chance without JJ and we didn't(not even close). Would I bet on us winning with JJ? No. but I would like to see how we would have matched up.
Overall, I think it was a successful trip and plenty to be excited about moving forward. If Adams continues to play the way he did down there then he will be a big piece of the puzzle moving forward.
Nice. Jealous you got to go
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:30 am
TSpoke wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:17 am Thought this thread might be a good one to put my thoughts on the tournament. It was a blast. The Island was great got to do some scuba diving and watch some fun basketball games in a very small venue. Spent WAY too much money. Got to meet some good Cowboy fans and spend some time with players families. Great people.
Nice. Jealous you got to go
Yeah. I got lucky and several things lined up. It was over Thanksgiving so my wife, a teacher, could take only 2 days off of wrk and get a week free and it was her birthday on the 21st and she loves beaches/diving so it wasn't hard to convince her. It was definitely not a cheap trip but I would recommend going if we ever get another chance to play at any of these tropical tournaments.