WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Lou played great
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Liking it too, good win Pokes a long ways from home, now enjoy the beach but not too much, be smart let's get Louisiana tomorrow. GOOD WIN
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Didnt get to watch any of the second half. Sounded like the shooting came around and the defense locked down on Daum. Thats a good win for the Cowboys. On to tomorrow!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:45 pm Defense has been good. Need to shoot a little better. Hopefully tomorrow we play a little crisper. Good game to win actually beating a team on a neutral court that went to NCAA tournament last year that returned a lot and was picked to win the Summit league. Won't look bad at all on the resume.

Choose our shots a little better in first half we win this game by 20. Like the way we have finished games the last two games. Good job Cowboys!
FIFY
Only thing that kept them in the game was our inability to build a lead. Their defense wasn't exactly great, our shot selection sucked.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Wyovanian wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:48 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:45 pm Defense has been good. Need to shoot a little better. Hopefully tomorrow we play a little crisper. Good game to win actually beating a team on a neutral court that went to NCAA tournament last year that returned a lot and was picked to win the Summit league. Won't look bad at all on the resume.

Choose our shots a little better in first half we win this game by 20. Like the way we have finished games the last two games. Good job Cowboys!
FIFY
Only thing that kept them in the game was our inability to build a lead. Their defense wasn't exactly great, our shot selection sucked.
+1
Thanks for the correction. :) .... I agree with you. Need better shot selection sometimes instead of jacking up 3's when we aren't hitting them.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

That was a great defensive effort by the Pokes tonight. When Moemeka is on the floor, the abundance of long athletic defenders is even more apparent. Although it isn't Shy's recipe for basketball, Papa has to be proud of that effort tonight. We have the length to neutralize a guy like Mike Daum by rotating a fresh, athletic, slightly, longer defender all game long. We have potential to be a dominant defensive team this season.

My brother just mentioned that he didn't think we should stop hosting up 3's. I agree with him. We need to figure out other ways to score, and did tonight. We're in a gym we'll be seeing more of. Shoot it until it feels good, at least in the first game. We might have 2 more games on that very same rim. The lid started to come off towards the end of the game tonight. Can we carry that into tomorrows game?

It was good to see the injured players are in form. Meomeka looks great around the rim. Gorski had a couple of big threes to end the game.

That might have been a resume win. South Dakota State has been in the dance three of the last five seasons. They're a good opponent. They might end up in the dance again this year, so it's possible we have a win against an NCAA tournament team on the resume already.

It's a good day to be a Cowboy.

Bring on Lucy Anna.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Three games in three days. We need to get shots up, get comfortable. One game at a time, but to win this thing we will have to be better. Shoot through the slump. Glad to see everybody contributing.

Looks like it will be Richmond against cinci. Richmond is shooting the three well.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Cowboy Junky wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:36 pm That was a great defensive effort by the Pokes tonight. When Moemeka is on the floor, the abundance of long athletic defenders is even more apparent. Although it isn't Shy's recipe for basketball, Papa has to be proud of that effort tonight. We have the length to neutralize a guy like Mike Daum by rotating a fresh, athletic, slightly, longer defender all game long. We have potential to be a dominant defensive team this season.

My brother just mentioned that he didn't think we should stop hosting up 3's. I agree with him. We need to figure out other ways to score, and did tonight. We're in a gym we'll be seeing more of. Shoot it until it feels good, at least in the first game. We might have 2 more games on that very same rim. The lid started to come off towards the end of the game tonight. Can we carry that into tomorrows game?

It was good to see the injured players are in form. Meomeka looks great around the rim. Gorski had a couple of big threes to end the game.

That might have been a resume win. South Dakota State has been in the dance three of the last five seasons. They're a good opponent. They might end up in the dance again this year, so it's possible we have a win against an NCAA tournament team on the resume already.

Bring on Lucy Anna.
I agree we need to keep shooting the 3 ball but I am just saying when we are 2-17 or JJ is 2-12 from the field, the team and him need to start driving to the bucket for awhile until they get a few buckets and get heated back up.
Agree about the defense. We were able to use our length to keep a lead even though we had a very poor shooting day and then we pulled away and took control of the last 6 minutes of the game. Liked seeing that.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

seattlecowboy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:22 pm
Cowboy Junky wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:36 pm That was a great defensive effort by the Pokes tonight. When Moemeka is on the floor, the abundance of long athletic defenders is even more apparent. Although it isn't Shy's recipe for basketball, Papa has to be proud of that effort tonight. We have the length to neutralize a guy like Mike Daum by rotating a fresh, athletic, slightly, longer defender all game long. We have potential to be a dominant defensive team this season.

Bring on Lucy Anna.
I agree we need to keep shooting the 3 ball but I am just saying when we are 2-17 or JJ is 2-12 from the field, the team and him need to start driving to the bucket for awhile until they get a few buckets and get heated back up.
Agree about the defense. We were able to use our length to keep a lead even though we had a very poor shooting day and then we pulled away and took control of the last 6 minutes of the game. Liked seeing that.
I completely agree that we need to find a balance between jacking up threes and attacking the rim. It would be nice to see more to the rim and less off the rim. For this game though, I'm glad they shot a ton of threes and started hitting them in the second half. The gym is a little more dim than our guys are used to. It just takes a little time to get used to shooting in that amount of light.

Hopefully, the rim is unlocked from the start of the game vs. Louisiana.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
WilyWapiti
Ranch Hand

If the threes are wide-ass open and you are a good shooter, you've got to put it up. Hitting a few threes will force the defense to come out and guard, opening up the lane for our slashers. Our slashers seem to be much more adept at getting into the lane and getting a good shot up this year.

ww
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

I have been critical of Adams, but did have a game or what?!?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Vt poke wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:12 am I have been critical of Adams, but did have a game or what?!?
I thought that he kept us in the game with his attacking the rim. He is a bulldog of a defender when he doesn't foul. Lou will be an integral part of our success. Wish he'd play a bit more and Maldonado a bit less, but both have been good. Maldo's offense just isn't there yet
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Was interesting to see the shortened bench last night. I for one don’t mind it! Interesting in second half we went without a true point for almost all of it and it worked out fine
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

bring on the Cajuns, man that sounds good(food) GO POKES
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

If we can play defense like yesterday and put pressure on the opposing teams for 40 minutes we'll be a hard team to beat regardless of opponents. I really think we can stifle the Cajuns and move on to the Championship. Winning one game at a time is key and I hope its all Edwards and the guys are thinking about but damn. As a fan its really fun to think what winning this tournament would do to our At-Large potential come march. There are some good teams here who all have aspirations of March Madness and a number of them will be there. GO GET EM' POKES!
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:46 am If we can play defense like yesterday and put pressure on the opposing teams for 40 minutes we'll be a hard team to beat regardless of opponents. I really think we can stifle the Cajuns and move on to the Championship. Winning one game at a time is key and I hope its all Edwards and the guys are thinking about but damn. As a fan its really fun to think what winning this tournament would do to our At-Large potential come march. There are some good teams here who all have aspirations of March Madness and a number of them will be there. GO GET EM' POKES!
It would be huge the pokes are already generating a little bit of buzz with the national media. A tournament win would really make people give us a hard look. This team is tough matchup for most of our opponents.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

poke_addict wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:02 am
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:46 am If we can play defense like yesterday and put pressure on the opposing teams for 40 minutes we'll be a hard team to beat regardless of opponents. I really think we can stifle the Cajuns and move on to the Championship. Winning one game at a time is key and I hope its all Edwards and the guys are thinking about but damn. As a fan its really fun to think what winning this tournament would do to our At-Large potential come march. There are some good teams here who all have aspirations of March Madness and a number of them will be there. GO GET EM' POKES!
It would be huge the pokes are already generating a little bit of buzz with the national media. A tournament win would really make people give us a hard look. This team is tough matchup for most of our opponents.
I haven't seen UNM, UNLV, or Nevada play yet but everyone else seems beatable if the Pokes lace em' up tight and dig in. BSU doesnt look like the same team as last year, CSU looks like a traveling circus as always, and Utah State looks to be in a rebuild. I really like the Pokes chances this season. Whats scary, we may end being better next season....
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:18 am
poke_addict wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:02 am
I haven't seen UNM, UNLV, or Nevada play yet but everyone else seems beatable if the Pokes lace em' up tight and dig in. BSU doesnt look like the same team as last year, CSU looks like a traveling circus as always, and Utah State looks to be in a rebuild. I really like the Pokes chances this season. Whats scary, we may end being better next season....
Nevada is definitely solid I also think unlv is back on the rise. New Mexico got dominated by NMSU so I don't know how good the lobos are. I definitely feel there isn't a team we can't beat. I think the sky is the limit for this squad. As for next year I feel Dalton will be missed for sure. But as a program I feel we are now starting to reload rather than rebuild.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

We can win today but we will need to shoot better. Louisiana attacks the basket more and their big guys are decent so we need to rebound.

Should be a good game.

I think Wyoming shoots better today and we have a great shot to go to the championship game.

carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

South Dakota is handling Iowa easily.