CBI banner...

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

I can't believe we hung that banner. thats like winning an award for being the tallest midget.
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

Every team that wins the CBI has one hanging in their gym.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

We should hang a 1934 National Championship banner if we're going to hang that. Kansas, Purdue, Stanford, North Carolina, Pittsburgh, Wisconsin, and Syracuse all have a banner hanging for their Helms Foundation national championships.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

poke_addict wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:53 pm Every team that wins the CBI has one hanging in their gym.
Yeah, I know Nevada has one for sure.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

I don't mind it. That was the second best memory of Cowboy basketball for me post-Marcus Bailey.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

I love it, cuz like I've always said there were only 4 teams that won their last game last spring we were one of those, CBI banner looks good as well, it truly helped and the results are showing so far, extra games are never shuned upon
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

stymeman wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:34 am I love it, cuz like I've always said there were only 4 teams that won their last game last spring we were one of those, CBI banner looks good as well, it truly helped and the results are showing so far, extra games are never shuned upon
I get the sentiment but actually there are more than 4...a handful of teams that won their last game but did not participate in a conference tournament.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

WyoVaquero wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:55 pm I can't believe we hung that banner. thats like winning an award for being the tallest midget.
Don't get me started. Does it say "We're No. 100!"
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:32 am I don't mind it. That was the second best memory of Cowboy basketball for me post-Marcus Bailey.
This introduces a topic far more interesting than bitching about banners. Favorite Cowboy Hoops memory post Marcus Bailey:

1. 2015 MWC Title Game - Duh

2. 2015 NCAAT - Yeah, we got our ass kicked, but just being part of March Madness and the conversation was great after a long absence.

3. CU game in 14-15 season- 56-33 beat down in front of a racous crowd. Nance looked like himself and you could see we really had something with that team.

4. UNM OT game - The steal by Nance, the pass from Grabau and the finish by Nance in front of a great crowd. Awesome game.

5. CU game in 12-13 season - big crowd, Top 20 PAC12 team and the Pokes get the win to stay undefeated. Really felt like big things were coming for the Pokes. Big things were coming alright, but not the good kind (Martinez incident).

Honorable Mention:

1. Illinois St comeback- amazing 2nd half on the road against a good team to stay undefeated on 12-13.

2. MWC tourney run in 2006

3. SDSU in 2014 - beating a top 5 opponent and ending up all over SC Top 10.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

NowherePoke wrote:
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:32 am I don't mind it. That was the second best memory of Cowboy basketball for me post-Marcus Bailey.
This introduces a topic far more interesting than bitching about banners. Favorite Cowboy Hoops memory post Marcus Bailey:

2. 2015 NCAAT - Yeah, we got our ass kicked, but just being part of March Madness and the conversation was great after a long absence.

3. CU game in 14-15 season- 56-33 beat down in front of a racous crowd. Nance looked like himself and you could see we really had something with that team.

4. UNM OT game - The steal by Nance, the pass from Grabau and the finish by Nance in front of a great crowd. Awesome game.

5. CU game in 12-13 season - big crowd, Top 20 PAC12 team and the Pokes get the win to stay undefeated. Really felt like big things were coming for the Pokes. Big things were coming alright, but not the good kind (Martinez incident).

Honorable Mention:

1. Illinois St comeback- amazing 2nd half on the road against a good team to stay undefeated on 12-13.

I I remember shyatt and company beating a highly ranked unlv too

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

whyoh wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:31 pm
NowherePoke wrote:

Honorable Mention:

15 or so I believe
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

NowherePoke wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:54 pm

Honorable Mention:

Great list. Mine is close.

1. Tournament championship against SDSU.

2. Tournament semi-final vs. Boise.

3. The very same CU game. We played such good defense that night that CU players just gave up and passed the ball as soon as it came to them. I've never seen as good of a defensive game as we played that night. CU players were literally scared to get the ball passed to them.

4. UNM OT game. That game was a blast. Greenwood lit it up the day after someone insulted his mom on social media. He killed us that night. My wife and I still curse his name to this day. Damn...Greenwood.

5. Wyoming/CSU, Laramie 2015. Best seats I've ever been in at the AA with my basketball underground legend, Trixie Hicks(RIP). Speedo had those scrotes on lockdown that night, and Wyoming cruised to a victory over CSU.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
poke_addict
Cowpoke

wyokoke wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:37 pm
whyoh wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:31 pm
NowherePoke wrote:

Honorable Mention:

15 or so I believe
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:52 am
stymeman wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:34 am I love it, cuz like I've always said there were only 4 teams that won their last game last spring we were one of those, CBI banner looks good as well, it truly helped and the results are showing so far, extra games are never shuned upon
I get the sentiment but actually there are more than 4...a handful of teams that won their last game but did not participate in a conference tournament.
Just to update this. There was a total of 19 teams that did not compete in their conference tournaments for various reasons (D1 reclassification, low APR, self-imposed postseason ban, etc). Seven ended their seasons with wins.

Grand Canyon
Austin Peay
Eastern Kentucky
SIU-Edwardsville
Florida International
UC-Santa Barbara
Northern Colorado
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote:
Just to update this. There was a total of 19 teams that did not compete in their conference tournaments for various reasons (D1 reclassification, low APR, self-imposed postseason ban, etc). Seven ended their seasons with wins.

Grand Canyon
Austin Peay
Eastern Kentucky
SIU-Edwardsville
Florida International
UC-Santa Barbara
Northern Colorado

OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

whyoh wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:19 am
joshvanklomp wrote:

Grand Canyon
Austin Peay
Eastern Kentucky
SIU-Edwardsville
Florida International
UC-Santa Barbara
Northern Colorado

Sports front offices are more and more being run by nerds haha

I appreciate the stats...keep em coming!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

whyoh wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:19 amImage
Yeah, not really sure why I wasted 20 minutes looking that up, but I did.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
poke_addict
Cowpoke

joshvanklomp wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:14 am
I've always appreciated the nerd work Josh does lol keep it up.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote:
Because stats