Return of the Mack.

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
dapokes
Ranch Hand

When Anthony Mack gets healthy with this squad...

ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

I won't be surprised at this point if he redshirts with Thompson
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Would love to know from people in the know how Mr Mack looked in practice. Where would he fit in on this year's team?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

No one has even seen him. He doesn't sit on the bench for games. It's actually making me worried
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I have heard he is out for the season with head issues
dapokes
Ranch Hand

Concussion, right?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Must have been one hell of a concussion. Holy crap
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

I wish they would just come out and announce the current status and why he isn't on the bench if it actually is only injury related. Otherwise it just makes people start asking the wrong kind of questions about the team/player.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

cali2wyo wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:57 pm I wish they would just come out and announce the current status and why he isn't on the bench if it actually is only injury related. Otherwise it just makes people start asking the wrong kind of questions about the team/player.
The question was posed to Gags last night on 1240 KFBC and he stated it was a concussion and that to his knowledge there is nothing else in play other than that. He couldn't really answer why he hasn't been on the bench.

Take that for what you will.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Return of the Mack came on my Pandora this morning at work. With all the information that's out there, this seems like the best evidence we have that his return is imminent.

Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
wyoair
Ranch Hand

Yeah that must have been one heck of a concussion especially to limit his stimuli like this. Those post-concussion head aches can last for weeks or months, no real telling how long. I wonder if he has a history of concussions which can mean his symptoms last longer those those who don't.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

wyoair wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:21 pm Yeah that must have been one heck of a concussion especially to limit his stimuli like this. Those post-concussion head aches can last for weeks or months, no real telling how long. I wonder if he has a history of concussions which can mean his symptoms last longer those those who don't.
That could be. Or he could have a helicopter mom that really wants to be careful.

I'm guessing that he could probably play right now, but the staff is being extra cautious because they know the quality depth that we have and might be considering a redshirt since he missed almost all of camp.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
dapokes
Ranch Hand

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:33 pm
cali2wyo wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:57 pm I wish they would just come out and announce the current status and why he isn't on the bench if it actually is only injury related. Otherwise it just makes people start asking the wrong kind of questions about the team/player.
The question was posed to Gags last night on 1240 KFBC and he stated it was a concussion and that to his knowledge there is nothing else in play other than that. He couldn't really answer why he hasn't been on the bench.

Take that for what you will.
Depending on how severe the concussion is, sensitivity to light may still be an issue. I know of guys wearing sunglasses 24/7 after concussions and I can't imagine being in a bright setting would help. Could be doctor recommendations, as well.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Hope the kid is ok...and that he is 100% when he returns. He is going to have to fend off a walk-on or two, and I am not sure he can do that...hell, he is only a 4* recruit that turned down Villanova.

Hey Junky...f-word you, ok?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:03 pm Hope the kid is ok...and that he is 100% when he returns. He is going to have to fend off a walk-on or two, and I am not sure he can do that...hell, he is only a 4* recruit that turned down Villanova.

For all of us that have cut across the corner of your lawn over the years, I must say, we're all really sorry. We'll never do it again: Cody included.

Shouldn't you be focusing your efforts on Brent Vigen? He might not have Josh Allen this week. It would be a good time to prepare your diatribe about how useless of a human being he is since our offense is likely to struggle.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

If true that it is a concussion and he hasn't been on the bench or seen anywhere, it is most likely what several are speculating...doctor's recommendations. If he is still experiencing symptoms, a large, bright arena filled with screaming fans is not a very conducive place for a healing brain to be.

If he still has that significant of symptoms, expect him to be out for at least a few more weeks.
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

I would like to officially invite Mcpeachy and Junky to my home for thanksgiving. What memories that could be...Go Pokes and get well soon Mack
elfletcho
Ranch Hand

poke_addict wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:15 pm I would like to officially invite Mcpeachy and Junky to my home for thanksgiving. What memories that could be...Go Pokes and get well soon Mack
Which one will be the woke freshman back from college with new exciting ideas and which one is the grizzled great-uncle that served in Vietnam and thinks everything is communist?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Cowboy Junky wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:10 pm
McPeachy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:03 pm Hope the kid is ok...and that he is 100% when he returns. He is going to have to fend off a walk-on or two, and I am not sure he can do that...hell, he is only a 4* recruit that turned down Villanova.

For all of us that have cut across the corner of your lawn over the years, I must say, we're all really sorry. We'll never do it again: Cody included.

Shouldn't you be focusing your efforts on Brent Vigen? He might not have Josh Allen this week. It would be a good time to prepare your diatribe about how useless of a human being he is since our offense is likely to struggle.
Vigen? What does he have to do with the MBB PG situation? And why, honestly, would you bring him up and into this awesome MBB thread? I have never made a negative comment toward him nor his function as OC / AHC - so you seriously have me scratching my head. Are you deflecting? You may need to really, actually, go talk to someone. Let me know if I can help direct you to somebody you can talk to.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
dapokes
Ranch Hand

So back to the topic. Junky GTFO if you think Kelley will keep him off the floor. You've always been a homer for the in state underdogs but...come on.

Does anyone actually have any credible sources on Mack? Or even how it happened? (I.e.Luke Martinez? Lol)