Return of the Mack.

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

dapokes wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:47 pm So back to the topic. Junky GTFO if you think Kelley will keep him off the floor. You've always been a homer for the in state underdogs but...come on.

Does anyone actually have any credible sources on Mack? Or even how it happened? (I.e.Luke Martinez? Lol)
Who said Kelley is going to keep Mack off the floor? I'll answer that for you: you did. Not this guy.

It's extremely likely Anthony Mack isn't going to be playing much point. He'll get his minutes, but they won't be bringing the ball up the floor.

Kelley is still going to get his minutes. He hasn't done anything but pile up assists, limit the turnovers, hit his free throws, be a defensive pest, rebound well for a guard, finish second on the team in three point shooting percentage, lead the team in assists/turnover and close to(if not) leading the team in +/-.

Anthony Mack will get his minutes too, if he plays. He might not play if he's missed most of camp and the beginning of the season with injury. He might redshirt. It's a nice luxury to have: put a redshirt on him, or make the decision to pull his shirt for the post-season, if you think he can help you're drive for championships.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
dapokes
Ranch Hand

Junky don't go soft on me and get defensive lol

Kelley is still 2nd string. The possibility of having JJ, Maldanado, Mack, Herndon, Dalton in a small lineup w JJ at point is going to be a lethal option to score in bunches. I like Kelley but let's not even say he's in the same class as Grabau. He's a gritty player that needs to not lift his pivot foot while passing in tight situations. That was in the running for worst turnover against Oregon St.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

How many people think Mack will play this year? I doubt he's been working out at all if he can't even attend a home game. This season will probably be a wash for Mack. I'm just hoping he'll get back to 100% at this point and be able to get something out of a red-shirt season.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Until I see him on the court I don't believe he exists(really), and if he redshirts so be it and we'll go from there, things happen and time will tell, lotta love in the room today
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I have a pretty credible source that tells me its head/concussion issues that could mean he misses the season
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

gopokes1399 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:44 am I have a pretty credible source that tells me its head/concussion issues that could mean he misses the season
Does this source tell you what the hell happened to knock him concussed? Was it a basketball related injury or off the court?
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Has anyone in the “know” have any more info with what is going on with Mack?
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

If it’s head, it’s looking to be whole season. And I’m ok with him redshirting
W-Y, Until I Die!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Here is some info on Mack at the last half of this article.

It is to do with a concussion and he could still be playing this year.

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... e0893.html

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Pretty sure I saw Mack in street clothes on the bench tonight. Burn that redshirt stat! This team needs his 3 point shooting and offensive creativity
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Vt poke wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:16 pm Pretty sure I saw Mack in street clothes on the bench tonight. Burn that redshirt stat! This team needs his 3 point shooting and offensive creativity
I wouldn’t waste a redshirt
W-Y, Until I Die!
camwyo
Buckaroo

laxwyo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:46 pm
Vt poke wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:16 pm Pretty sure I saw Mack in street clothes on the bench tonight. Burn that redshirt stat! This team needs his 3 point shooting and offensive creativity
I wouldn’t waste a redshirt
If his concussion is just now getting to the point where he can stand the bright lights in the arena, he's nowhere near ready to play. Maybe late January/sometime February, but at that point there's absolutely no reason to waste a year.
Wicks
Blog Team
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:54 am
gopokes1399 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:44 am I have a pretty credible source that tells me its head/concussion issues that could mean he misses the season
Does this source tell you what the hell happened to knock him concussed? Was it a basketball related injury or off the court?
I'm pretty sure that Mack hurt himself in a basketball practice. Hit his head on the court. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
wyoair
Ranch Hand

If his concussion has taken this long to resolve and the mechanism of injury was that severe, red shirt him. Based on his history he will be very susceptible to future concussions. Even slight head injuries will affect him more and take more time to heal. That brain needs all the time in the world to heal.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

wyoair wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:43 am If his concussion has taken this long to resolve and the mechanism of injury was that severe, red shirt him. Based on his history he will be very susceptible to future concussions. Even slight head injuries will affect him more and take more time to heal. That brain needs all the time in the world to heal.
I agree. IF he was cleared tomorrow to play, theres no way he's in game shape until the end of January. Redshirt him. Don't waste a whole year of eligibility for maybe a month of actual impact.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:07 am
wyoair wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:43 am If his concussion has taken this long to resolve and the mechanism of injury was that severe, red shirt him. Based on his history he will be very susceptible to future concussions. Even slight head injuries will affect him more and take more time to heal. That brain needs all the time in the world to heal.
I agree. IF he was cleared tomorrow to play, theres no way he's in game shape until the end of January. Redshirt him. Don't waste a whole year of eligibility for maybe a month of actual impact.
This is a great point. Something to remember, common concussion protocol (unless Wyoming's policy is different from most other universities) requires the athlete to do NO physical activity until they are completely symptom-free. If Mack hasn't even been able to be on the bench for the last month, he is certainly not doing anything to stay in shape.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:58 am
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:07 am
This is a great point. Something to remember, common concussion protocol (unless Wyoming's policy is different from most other universities) requires the athlete to do NO physical activity until they are completely symptom-free. If Mack hasn't even been able to be on the bench for the last month, he is certainly not doing anything to stay in shape.
We are talking Allen Edwards here though. The same Allen Edwards that took 5 f-word months to figure out that Justin James and Hayden Dalton should be starters last season.

:tickedoff:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Cowboy Junky wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:51 pm
dapokes wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:47 pm So back to the topic. Junky GTFO if you think Kelley will keep him off the floor. You've always been a homer for the in state underdogs but...come on.

Does anyone actually have any credible sources on Mack? Or even how it happened? (I.e.Luke Martinez? Lol)
Who said Kelley is going to keep Mack off the floor?
In not so many words, YOU did. You must be related. #deletemyaccount :rofl:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

https://twitter.com/BFoster91/status/945720759854469121
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:17 pm https://twitter.com/BFoster91/status/945720759854469121
It seems like playing him now would be wasting a year of eligibility.