Oregon State

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Best thing about this win? We did it without our full squad. We didn't have Mack, Gorski or Moemeka. Moemeka would have been big tonight down low. We probably could have won by 20.

Loved how the team had poise after being down and took control of the game. Think we could be tough once everyone is completely healthy.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

Wish I would’ve checked in sooner. Stream was here. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ELsrEN4Hg-s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

Definitely a nice win!! Remains to be seen where Oregon St will finish up but that could be a good win to have on the road! Never easy to win away from home, really impressed with the way the pokes regrouped in that 2nd half after they really struggled the first 5-10 minutes of the half.

Next monday against S Dak St can't get here quick enough!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

James looked pretty damn healthy tonight. Now if we can get the other guys back, we're going to have really good players not getting on the floor.

We might have the depth this year to make a deep run at a conference title.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Dalton 22/9
James 19 pts
Herndon 16/6/6 blk
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Herndon really is trying to make the all defensive team. He has to be averaging about 5 blocks a game.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

wyocowboy2014 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:09 pm Wish I would’ve checked in sooner. Stream was here. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ELsrEN4Hg-s

you gotta be kidding me :cry:
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Who's better in this offense: Kelly or Redding?
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Adv8RU12 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:14 pm Who's better in this offense: Kelly or Redding?
They're both good, but through the first two games, we make runs when Kelly is on the floor. His +/- has to be close to leading the team.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

Adv8RU12 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:14 pm Who's better in this offense: Kelly or Redding?
I've liked them both so far.... Kelly played terrible in the exhibition game, but has played very very well in both regular season games so far. Redding played very well in the exhibition game, and decent last week but I thought he had a pretty rough game today. So far, I'd say I have virtually no complaints about playing time across the board with Edwards, which is a far cry from last year haha. :D Small sample size though.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote:
wyocowboy2014 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:09 pm Wish I would’ve checked in sooner. Stream was here. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ELsrEN4Hg-s

My bad. If you are on Facebook, check out the group Poke Nation. A lot of stuff gets posted on there too.

poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:13 pm

Right!!!! I listened to Dave the whole game????
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:07 pm Best thing about this win? We did it without our full squad. We didn't have Mack, Gorski or Moemeka. Moemeka would have been big tonight down low. We probably could have won by 20.

Loved how the team had poise after being down and took control of the game. Think we could be tough once everyone is completely healthy.
We are better without Gorski. I can't believe the coaching staff can't see that.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

bladerunnr wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:41 am
seattlecowboy wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:07 pm Best thing about this win? We did it without our full squad. We didn't have Mack, Gorski or Moemeka. Moemeka would have been big tonight down low. We probably could have won by 20.

We are better without Gorski. I can't believe the coaching staff can't see that.
yeah. I agree. We're playing some really good d where everyone helps out and switches. I doubt Gorski is quick enough to participate in any of that. Plus he's such a bad rebounder
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Depends on who we are playing. I actually think Gorski brings value myself in certain situations. He is the best shooter on the team so there is always room for good shooters in my opinion.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

seattlecowboy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:31 am

Depends on who we are playing. I actually think Gorski brings value myself in certain situations. He is the best shooter on the team so there is always room for good shooters in my opinion.
Yeah I don't see how we are better without him. He is a great shooter and in the one game he played this year he was great. He is in better shape than last year so I think he has gained a step to not be a liability on defense and he has a high basketball IQ and seems to be in good position. I am expecting big things from him this year if he can get healthy.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

TSpoke wrote:

Yeah I don't see how we are better without him. He is a great shooter and in the one game he played this year he was great. He is in better shape than last year so I think he has gained a step to not be a liability on defense and he has a high basketball IQ and seems to be in good position. I am expecting big things from him this year if he can get healthy.
Bradley Mann 2.0. Put him in for a few minutes, if he clanks his shots, get him out of there. If he drains 3, ride him until he’s cold.

W-Y, Until I Die!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:20 am
TSpoke wrote:

Bradley Mann 2.0. Put him in for a few minutes, if he clanks his shots, get him out of there. If he drains 3, ride him until he’s cold.

I was literally just thinking this. Love him when he's hitting shots and hate seeing him in the game when he's not. Haha thats funny.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

TSpoke wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:46 am

He is not a great shooter. He's a streak shooter. Plus, he's a lousy passer and constantly gets torched on defense. I'm not saying don't ever play him. But, to me, he's a 10 to 15 minute a game sub.
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

Thanks for this link which allowed me to watch the squad for the first time this year! I tuned in this morning and there actually is a lot to like about this road win. Pokes showed their maturity to close out that game strong and ride the storm. I thought they looked pretty sloppy throughout but if they clean all this stuff up I see a dangerous team. Some nice shooting and leadership out of our big 3. I feel like these are the types of games we've lost over last few years so this was refreshing. I like the look of Redding. If Lou can get under control and let the game come to him it will help out the team tremendously.

Squad really does need to get healthy ASAP. Jones and Naughton haven't really found much of a rhythm yet (it's early) and somebody else needs to step up down low even if it's every other game. I worry about Herndon and Dalton getting worn out over the course of a year with heavy minutes. Herndon does look a little stronger for sure this year so that should help. Need to get Momeka back and Gorski too. Hope Mack is ok but all of this isn't looking good. Happy they have a break before this tourney.
Riding High!!!