Season opener

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:27 am I think some of you are overracting. We were kicking their butts by 20 in the first and never let it get close really.

Dalton looks great. Redding is steady. Herndon played like butt on offense but that won't happen too often. I thought we played great defense, honestly.

Kelly is a good player! He should get like 10-12 min each game. He makes stuff happen - on O and D. If there is a player 6'2'' or shorter Kelly is a plus defender

Our rebounding is defecient, but what's new? We don't have an offense other than jack 3s? what's new? Overall we are the same team as last year, but with better players imo. We're going to be fine.

JJ didn't look right. That was the most worrisome thing. And a lot of our perceived problems will go away when Momeka plays.
We are the same team as last year only without our best player (JJ). Going to be a slog until he gets back. Need Moemeka as well to assist in the glass.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Cowboy Junky wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:51 am I'm surprised no one else noticed. I know Gorski, Moemeka, and Mack are missing due to injury.

Why didn't Naughton see the floor last night? Is he hurt or suspended?
Was wondering the same. Here is a crazy thought which I am sure is not the case: could he be taking a RS year? We have a lot of bodies (Herndon, Dalton, Moemeka, Jones, and Naughton) in the front court and only 80 min to go around. Next year will be a better opportunity with Herndon and Dalton moving on.

I m sure it is an undisclosed injury or just a matchup issue, but I have been wondering how Edwards would get minutes for everyone in the front court.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

NowherePoke wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:31 am
Cowboy Junky wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:51 am I'm surprised no one else noticed. I know Gorski, Moemeka, and Mack are missing due to injury.

Why didn't Naughton see the floor last night? Is he hurt or suspended?
Was wondering the same. Here is a crazy thought which I am sure is not the case: could he be taking a RS year? We have a lot of bodies (Herndon, Dalton, Moemeka, Jones, and Naughton) in the front court and only 80 min to go around. Next year will be a better opportunity with Herndon and Dalton moving on.

I m sure it is an undisclosed injury or just a matchup issue, but I have been wondering how Edwards would get minutes for everyone in the front court.
I guess I never thought of that. Maybe he is redshirting. It will be a lot easier to get minutes next year when Dalton and Herndon are gone.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Another possibility for Naughton is academics.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Cowboy Junky wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:16 amHe must have an injury or a small suspension, because Averbuck was on the floor stinking it up and Naughton is ten times the player that Averbuck is.
So you're going to put Naughton out there at SG/SF? Sounds smart....

No Alexander Aka Gorski. No Anthony Mack. Justin James on a minutes restriction. Lou Adams fouled out in 15 minutes. Hunter Maldonado left the game with an injury.

Sam Averbuck and Austin Mueller played last night because they had to. What other wings were you going to put into the game?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:23 pm
Cowboy Junky wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:16 amHe must have an injury or a small suspension, because Averbuck was on the floor stinking it up and Naughton is ten times the player that Averbuck is.
So you're going to put Naughton out there at SG/SF? Sounds smart....

No Alexander Aka Gorski. No Anthony Mack. Justin James on a minutes restriction. Lou Adams fouled out in 15 minutes. Hunter Maldonado left the game with an injury.

Sam Averbuck and Austin Mueller played last night because they had to. What other wings were you going to put into the game?
Yeah, that's it. I'm going to play Naughton at SG. :lol:

Stick to something you know: like creating poop, negative facebook groups, where people spout negativity endlessly about Wyoming athletics. You're good at that.

My point was: if everyone on the team plays(including the least talented guy) except one guy and the guys that are injured: there's a reason for that.

We'll find out sooner or later why Naughton didn't play.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Cowboy Junky wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:39 pmStick to something you know: like creating poop, negative facebook groups, where people spout negativity endlessly about Wyoming athletics. You're good at that.
You must love throwing crap against the wall and seeing if it sticks, because that isn't close to being the case. Who the hell do you think I am? Show me these groups that I've created...
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:43 pm
Cowboy Junky wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:39 pmStick to something you know: like creating poop, negative facebook groups, where people spout negativity endlessly about Wyoming athletics. You're good at that.
You must love throwing crap against the wall and seeing if it sticks, because that isn't close to being the case. Who the hell do you think I am? Show me these groups that I've created...
How many Wyoming fan groups are there on facebook? Not important really...

There's a reason Naughton didn't play last night.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Cowboy Junky wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:49 pmHow many Wyoming fan groups are there on facebook? Not important really...
I wasn't the one who brought it up, so clearly it's important to you. Still waiting to see these groups I started.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:00 pm
Cowboy Junky wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:49 pmHow many Wyoming fan groups are there on facebook? Not important really...
I wasn't the one who brought it up, so clearly it's important to you. Still waiting to see these groups I started.
It really doesn't matter. I dropped that group as soon as I realized it was just enough negativity old faithful. Aren't you the guy with a physical condition... That's what someone on this board told me before I joined/dropped the facebook group moderated by a guy with the same physical condition. If that's not you... then I really am sorry. There aren't a lot of Wyoming fans with that physical condition.

Either way, I wasn't saying Naughton should play 2 guard(although you don't mind implying in a passive aggressive nature that I am that stupid).

I'm saying, there's a reason he didn't play. I'm guessing we'll find out what that is.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

1. I don't know what that physical condition is, but I do have a physical condition. Still wasn't me.

2. Never implied that you thought Naughton should play SG. I was explaining the reason why he didn't play (or moreso why Averbuck did). Wing depth is lacking at the moment. That's the only reason why he went so deep in the bench. Because player A plays in a game and player B does not, it does not necessarily mean the coach thinks player A is better than player B or that player B is hurt/suspended. It means that for the position that needed to be filled in the lineup at the time, player A was a better choice.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Allen Edwards has proven to empty his bench whenever he has the opportunity. If Naughton was available he would have played last night.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Does anyone have a link to the replay of this game?
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Vt poke wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:00 pm Does anyone have a link to the replay of this game?
Should be the same as the links in the first post.