Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Kelly played great
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

DVDA wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:42 pm
NowherePoke wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:25 pm
Cowboy Junky wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:05 pm Kelly's +/- had to be 10 points while he was on the floor in the first half of the opener. When he was on the floor we went on runs. I think he out played Redding in the first half. Someone q up the stats.
I thought he played very well tonight. I wish some of our bigs would go after rebounds with as much effort as Kelley.
This team could really use a 6'6" 250 tightend type of post player.
Yeah, those are some of my favorite players. Tyson Johnson, Leonard Washington, etc.

I think Moemeka would really help on the glass if he could play.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

2 games down. 2 good games by Kelly. He's not trying to do too much and is piling up the assists.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Cowboy Junky wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:06 pm 2 games down. 2 good games by Kelly. He's not trying to do to much and is piling up the assists.
+1. Kelly is good
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:07 pm
Cowboy Junky wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:06 pm 2 games down. 2 good games by Kelly. He's not trying to do to much and is piling up the assists.
+1. Kelly is god
Fixed :cool:
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

joshvanklomp wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:07 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:07 pm
+1. Kelly is god
Fixed :cool:
nice :evil:
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

After battling the sling TV install poop, I got to watch the the last hour and a half.

James looked like his ankle feels good. Attacked well, lost some stuff with his hands. His feet are fine.

Herndon is a defender. A very good one

The red bomber is playing like he doesn't realize he has red hair. It's total bitching, and crazy at the same time. His distance is what has me going "wtf".

Maldenado is good... He does not look like a freshman. By the end of the year he could be close to 12 points a game... Easy.

I can't wait for Mack.

Our defense is better than it was last year... At times. We have bad lapses... But it's hard to pass floor lvl against us. Passes take longer over the top for catch and shoot. We close out better.

Waiting for more dunks.

Like our team. Want to win the caymen.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

After watching three games here is my take on the team...
Dalton and James- should play 32-36 mins a game. When both these guys are on, we are nearly unstoppable. Dalton has an amazing feel for the game and James is true slasher who can score in so many ways
Herndon- Herndon has had one good half out of 6 so far, but showed what he could do last night in the second half. He can be a lock down defender and shot blocker and can shoot the three. If he has good games, this team will be lethal.
Maldonado- This kid is a mix between James and Josh Adams. He oozes potential and does a bunch of little things right. He will be the star of the team come Junior year.
Redding and Kelly- These boys are pretty much interchangeable. Kelly has played very well in the last two games. The key job for these guys is to take care of the ball, limit turnovers and take open shots and sink them when they are available.
Moemeka- Moemeka has the most upside of anyone on this team. He can clean the glass, have freakishly athletic put backs and be a beast blocking shots. He isn't a huge option offensively, other than with put backs, but he is damn good at that
Naughton- A big center that is out of place in a stretch 4 kind of offense. Should only play to bang with other real big men in games where we need a real big man in the paint
Buddha Jones- He looks to have some skill, but hasn't shown a ton of great play yet. I think he is good for 5-8 mins a game. Not a liability out there, just hasn't shown he deserves more minutes.
Louis Adams- If there is a ball hog on this team, this is the guy. Has potential,but is so focused on going straight to the rack and creating a foul or putting it in, he doesn't look for a dish. If he can figure this out, and stop fouling three point shooters, he can earn a little more PT
Aka Gorski- Was on fire his first game then hurt. He looks quicker out there. We know what we get from him. If he is on, ride him hard, if he is off, he rides the bench hard. Looks better defensively as he seems quicker
Mack- Please heal up quick. You could make this team into a sweet 16 team. If you are true to your ranking, you and Maldonado are gonna be studs!
Mueller- see Budha Jones. Good player, just needs more time
Averbuck- Good practice player. Walk on for a reason
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

VTpoke - nice. I agree except for Lou. Lou has been playing well on offense - I definitely wouldn't say selfish at all. He's shooting better than 50%. Lou can shoot all he wants and he's one of the only ones that consistently attacks the dish.

As for his defense? Except for the fouls (many of which have been bull crap) he plays with great intensity. I think Lou is focused and is going to have a great year
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:28 am VTpoke - nice. I agree except for Lou. Lou has been playing well on offense - I definitely wouldn't say selfish at all. He's shooting better than 50%. Lou can shoot all he wants and he's one of the only ones that consistently attacks the dish.

As for his defense? Except for the fouls (many of which have been bull crap) he plays with great intensity. I think Lou is focused and is going to have a great year
I didn't realize he was shooting better than 50% from the field. He has the ability to be one of our best players, especially as a lock down kinda guy. He is our 2nd most athletic guy on the team. It's just his one or two really dumb plays a game that unfortunately sour my opinion towards him.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Vt poke wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:56 am
LanderPoke wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:28 am VTpoke - nice. I agree except for Lou. Lou has been playing well on offense - I definitely wouldn't say selfish at all. He's shooting better than 50%. Lou can shoot all he wants and he's one of the only ones that consistently attacks the dish.

I didn't realize he was shooting better than 50% from the field. He has the ability to be one of our best players, especially as a lock down kinda guy. He is our 2nd most athletic guy on the team. It's just his one or two really dumb plays a game that unfortunately sour my opinion towards him.
He plays too out of control. I like him and I think he can provide a spark off the bench for us especially in games where things might not be going well but I don't want to have to rely too heavily on him.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

I agree with you about Lou. I love how he attacks the basket. He made a couple nice drives last night and made the baskets and he got fouled on another and knocked down his ft's. He just needs to get his fouling under control but I like what he brings to the team.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

I like Lou’s aggression and athleticism but once he gets it in mind he’s going to the rim, he’s going to the rim come hell or poop shot. If he found a way to drive and dish, he’d become a huge asset

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:22 am I like Lou’s aggression and athleticism but once he gets it is mind he’s going to the rim, he’s going to the rim come hell or poop shot. If he found a way to drive and dish, he’d become a huge asset

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He plays WAY too out of control. He is a valuable member this team and has the potential to be a beast but he can't get out of his own way. He plays so out of control and gets himself in bad positions which usually leads to fouls or turnovers. IF he can reign himself in, he will be a monster.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:45 pm Kelly played great
He is a beast. Best PG in the MWC by far. Wonder why he isn't on scholarship?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
dapokes
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:39 am
Sarcasm? He doesn't even start on our team and that travel last night was fortunate to have came when we already had the lead.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

dapokes wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:41 am
McPeachy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:39 am
Sarcasm? He doesn't even start on our team and that travel last night was fortunate to have came when we already had the lead.
Yes. More of a stab at Junky and his love for all things Cody Kelly. That said, with Mack supposedly out for an extensive period of time, we don't have many options at PG...
Dear Karma,

dapokes
Ranch Hand

Redding had a clutch corner 3 off the JJ drive last night. He hasn't taken many shots but I do like his ability.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

dapokes wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:52 am Redding had a clutch corner 3 off the JJ drive last night. He hasn't taken many shots but I do like his ability.
He runs the floor / team very well...and I like that he brings that tenacity & leadership.
Dear Karma,

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

If I were the coach.. I would play Redding 25 min and Kelly 15. This could vary, of course, depending on who's hot