Thoughts on Cowboy Basketball

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

Haley is at Odessa and part of the basketball team.

http://www.wranglersports.com/sports/mb ... -18/roster
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Cowboy Junky wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:05 pm
McPeachy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:01 pm
Cowboy Junky wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:31 pm
McPeachy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:49 am
dapokes wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:41 am
McPeachy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:39 am
LanderPoke wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:45 pm Kelly played great
He is a beast. Best PG in the MWC by far. Wonder why he isn't on scholarship?
Sarcasm? He doesn't even start on our team and that travel last night was fortunate to have came when we already had the lead.
Yes. More of a stab at Junky and his love for all things Cody Kelly. That said, with Mack supposedly out for an extensive period of time, we don't have many options at PG...
You can bag on him all you want. Just don't expect me not to defend him.

Maybe we should just be thankful that he's selfless enough to play basketball for us WITHOUT a scholarship. He could be crying, "Show me the money." Selfless is a great description of Cody. He leads the team in a lot of stats most morons don't notice: assists, assists/turnover, and steals. This year, he's even hitting his free throws. He does the dirty work and doesn't have to jack up 30 shots a game to feel like he's contributed.

There's a reason why we have the deepest bench since Marcus Bailey. It's because Cody Kelly and Ny Redding aren't on scholarship. Two of our rotation players are paying their own way, so grumpy pricks like you can bitch about their sacrifice while insulting their skill level. Those 2 scholarships are used elsewhere to give us a team with enough depth that we hardly notice that Moemeka, Gorski, and Mack haven't even laced them up yet.

Maybe, instead of being an insulting douchebag to a KID: inferring that the coaching staff doesn't think he's worth a scholarship, you should try being thankful that we have a Wyoming native with a little enough ego to pay his own way. If you feel like insulting someone, just keep dropping them on me. I'm a grown man. I can handle it. I'm not some 19 year old, paying his own way so he can read how he's a turnover machine that he's not worth a scholarship, when he has close to the best ball security on our entire roster and he's one of the main reasons why we're 2-0.

Oh, by the way, I was right. ;) Take that message back to your knitting circle of grumpy, unappreciative pricks. :thumb:
:rofl: I love it. Well done poop! Well done!
No problem McPeachy, or is it Mr. Peach? I'm sure Cody is really sorry for walking on your lawn.

I'll keep defending those that no one else defends: the worst offensive coordinators in football history and the not-scholarship-worthy point guards that don't deserve minutes.
Let's not drag Vigen into this. I'm sure we'll average at least 1.9 yards per play and put together one solid scoring drive on Saturday.

As for Cody - he deserves all the minutes he's gotten. I'm impressed with him. He'll be a great backup pg for years to come.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:50 pm Haley is at Odessa and part of the basketball team.

http://www.wranglersports.com/sports/mb ... -18/roster
JJ's high school teammate and top 100 recruit LJ Figueroa is also listed on the roster. It would be cool to snag both of them!
Hopefully the issues that caused these type of guys to go the JC route has been figured out and they can fulfill their dream of playing D1 ball.