Exhibition game thread

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Good start for the Cowboys on the defensive side and rebounding. Maldonado gets the start with James out.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Looks like Lou Adams is out as well. Gorski on fire to start. Moemeka looking really good so far as well
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Good mix of scoring so far... transition layups, post moves, 3's, pull up jumpers, and getting to the line.

Edwards trying to get everybody in the game as much as possible early
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

I wish Kelly wasn't getting so many minutes here... it's been a long time since Redding was able to suit up for a competitive game
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

I'm not seeing Mack on the bench or behind it with Thompson. Anyone know what's up with that?
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Is there a link or stream for the game?
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

DVDA wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:03 pm I'm not seeing Mack on the bench or behind it with Thompson. Anyone know what's up with that?
Out with a concussion. Maybe they didn't want him exposed to the lights and sounds of the arena.
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

What's the story on why James and Adams not playing? Just not needed for an exhibition or injuries? Disciplinary? I knew Mack had the concussion, but haven't heard anything on James and Adams.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

9 turnovers in 1st half already. Need to gwt a handle on that or it will cost us some games.

Hopefully it is due to it being the first game and he seems to be playing all the younger kids a lot since it's an exhibition.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

James and Adams are out with injuries. Nothing serious but no need to play them tonight.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Maldonado is gonna be a special player. Liking what I see so far. Except the sloppiness
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

seattlecowboy wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:18 pm James and Adams are out with injuries. Nothing serious but no need to play them tonight.
Thanks, thats good!
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Vt poke wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:20 pm Maldonado is gonna be a special player. Liking what I see so far. Except the sloppiness
He looks like another Justin James type of player to me. Hopefully we get to see him on a breakaway in the second half.
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

That play right there leading up to the timeout is why Aka Gorski doesn't excite me as a big minute player. I will concede that he can be a good knock down shooter when he's on, as he is tonight, but teams such as Regis are teams that he tends to put up big numbers against. Small team with no shutdown defenders play into Aka Gorski's strengths because he's able to get a lot of easy open shots. However, if we have to rely on him to play a critical role against long, athletic teams, it could be ugly.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Vt poke wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:20 pm Maldonado is gonna be a special player. Liking what I see so far. Except the sloppiness
Didn't catch the game live, but saw the highlights and presser and will probably get around to watching the full game replay at some point.

Maldonado is SPECIAL. Honestly, he may have more upside than JJ and I like JJ a lot. And I was impressed with him postgame too. Doesn't sound like a freshman.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:46 am
Didn't catch the game live, but saw the highlights and presser and will probably get around to watching the full game replay at some point.

Maldonado is SPECIAL. Honestly, he may have more upside than JJ and I like JJ a lot. And I was impressed with him postgame too. Doesn't sound like a freshman.
Do you have a link for the full game replay?
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

My thoughts:

We could have won by 50 if we wanted. I think we'll be pretty darn good this year, but it's, of course, an exhibition game.

I think it's safe to say we have an upgrade from Lieberman. Redding looks like the kind of pg you want. Was impressed he drained all those FTs.

Maldonado is going to be good, but very raw. I just don't see him getting a ton of minutes this year with our depth.

The front court is CROWDED. I will feel bad for whoever doesn't get a ton of minutes. Wait til next year if you aren't getting minutes. The'll be there next year

Gorski looks a littler fitter. He was on fire and we'll need him to be.

I'm a bit disturbed at the lack of O rebounding. Still not going to do it? ugh. That's not a good strategy imo. And we looked like we had no plan on offense, really. Pass it around the perimeter and do... ? I hope we can have more of a focused plan going forward.

Finally Momeka looked impressive. He is a perfect compliment for the other players. Someone who m=will rebound and play D at a high level and hustle his arse off every play. I like Momeka a lot!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Cowboy Junky wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:12 amDo you have a link for the full game replay?
https://watchstadium.com/live/regis-at-wyoming/
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Really perplexed by the game plan yesterday, seemed like they were just "getting open" and shooting. And again Edwards body language during the game was odd. I get wanting to test the youngsters and help them grow but damn. Did he do any coaching the second half?

That being said, this group could be the best since McClains NCAA run. They should've blown the doors off Regis but seemed to lose focus in the second half (like young teams do). Allen will need to be a better coach with this group. Could be a really fun year!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Just getting through the first half

Moemeka's a baaaaaad man!