AA Grand Re-Opening Friday night on a big weekend for Wyoming athletics.

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

I know what my wife is getting for her birthday: a trip to Laramie and something else that doesn't seem like me giving a gift to myself(crib for the new Cowgirl incoming).

Friday night has a men's and women's double header to re-open the AA. I can't wait to check it out.

Saturday is the Border War.

Go Pokes!!
https://twitter.com/wyoathletics/status ... 2941627392
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 596 times
Been liked: 238 times

I'll be interested to see how it looks. Looking forward to it!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Heres how it'll go.... Wyoming renovates the AA into a premier facility with the greatest amenities we've seen in Laramie. It will be a huge bump in our appearances to recruits. Fans will find something to bitch about and talk poop about Burman. Make my words, it will happen.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Hoefully it's not a repeat of the exhibition game/banner raising ceremony 2 years ago... It really could have set us up for a great year in terms of fan support and then Shyatt goes on to lose to ITT Tech in front of 10,000 fans.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 119 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:55 pm Heres how it'll go.... Wyoming renovates the AA into a premier facility with the greatest amenities we've seen in Laramie. It will be a huge bump in our appearances to recruits. Fans will find something to bitch about and talk poop about Burman. Make my words, it will happen.
Let me start!

So...in order to get into Mickey's for a men's game, you have to be a $3,000 or greater donor. For a women's game, you have to be a $1,000 or greater donor. And don't get me started on that...why the different levels for men vs. women?

Mickey's is a great idea, but it appears they made it "private" for CJC members only, and only at certain $$$ donation levels. Oh, and the free poop only flows until game-time, but then you can come back and pay for more (still have to have the donation $$$$ level though).

For a free beer or two. $3,000.00. Are you f-word kidding me? How is that for bitching? Like it?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:53 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:55 pm Heres how it'll go.... Wyoming renovates the AA into a premier facility with the greatest amenities we've seen in Laramie. It will be a huge bump in our appearances to recruits. Fans will find something to bitch about and talk poop about Burman. Make my words, it will happen.
Let me start!

So...in order to get into Mickey's for a men's game, you have to be a $3,000 or greater donor. For a women's game, you have to be a $1,000 or greater donor. And don't get me started on that...why the different levels for men vs. women?

Mickey's is a great idea, but it appears they made it "private" for CJC members only, and only at certain $$$ donation levels. Oh, and the free poop only flows until game-time, but then you can come back and pay for more (still have to have the donation $$$$ level though).

For a free beer or two. $3,000.00. Are you f-word kidding me? How is that for bitching? Like it?
Haha I knew it would happen! I have read about Mickeys as well and it feels weird. I hope it doesn't take away from what should be a HUGE upgrade in facilities for our teams.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:58 pm
Let me start!

Haha I knew it would happen! I have read about Mickeys as well and it feels weird. I hope it doesn't take away from what should be a HUGE upgrade in facilities for our teams.
I hope it doesn't either. For the average fan, that attends once in a while, it probably won't. I was hoping for a place (Mickey's) like what UNLV has at the T&M...a social gathering place with TV's (sports bar style) for all fans to congregate before or during a game. I don't like the pay to play thing - at that level I guess.
Dear Karma,

WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

McPeachy wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:04 pm
I hope it doesn't either. For the average fan, that attends once in a while, it probably won't. I was hoping for a place (Mickey's) like what UNLV has at the T&M...a social gathering place with TV's (sports bar style) for all fans to congregate before or during a game. I don't like the pay to play thing - at that level I guess.
No kidding, at least make it a more easily attainable level. If true that the minimum donation is $3000, that is a lot of coin for the vast majority of Wyoming fans. Make it something at least a little more attractive, say $500 or even $1000. That is still a significant amount of money for most people to be donating, but if the perk is that you get to be "in the club" for Mickeys, that might entice a decent number of people to up their donation.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 141 times

WestWYOPoke wrote:
McPeachy wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:04 pm
No kidding, at least make it a more easily attainable level. If true that the minimum donation is $3000, that is a lot of coin for the vast majority of Wyoming fans. Make it something at least a little more attractive, say $500 or even $1000. That is still a significant amount of money for most people to be donating, but if the perk is that you get to be "in the club" for Mickeys, that might entice a decent number of people to up their donation.
That’s a great idea!

Unfortunately, I’m sure this idea came from $3k donors not wanting regular folk to clog up the beer line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

will see it soon enough this season, as my bro in law helped on a lot of the construction this past spring/summer telling me things about it, I can't wait to see it, but Exhibition bball not my thing and over and back Fri/then Sat enough for me....excited about it tho, can't wait to see Kenny's statue!!!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

3000 dollars is a little steep for Mickey's. Please tell me that those of you that do drink, and don't drop 3000 can still get beer somewhere else.

I'm most excited to see the Kenny statue, followed directly by the national championship trophy display, and then a big gap to improved concessions and restrooms.

Still, it should be pretty cool. They brightened the place up and made it look more modern.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

Cowboy Junky wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:25 pm 3000 dollars is a little steep for Mickey's. Please tell me that those of you that do drink, and don't drop 3000 can still get beer somewhere else.

I'm most excited to see the Kenny statue, followed directly by the national championship trophy display, and then a big gap to improved concessions and restrooms.

Still, it should be pretty cool. They brightened the place up and made it look more modern.
The concession stands should have beer fountains.
wyoair
Ranch Hand

Let me start!

I got that email as well. I've been a CJC member since graduating in '09 and that pissed me and my buddy off as well. As I see it I don't see any real or tangible benefit(s) to being a member. I get better benefits through the alumni association anyways. I pay $300 a year for a parking spot? I might as well donate $100 and walk a few extra feet or not donate at all. Ugh just venting. :tickedoff:
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

I'm fine with Mickey's being for CJ members at the $3000 level. They can have special perks. I donate a decent amount but I'm not at that level but I also don't want any perks that come with my donation. I donate to help the athletic programs and any freebies I get, takes money away from the programs that I donated to . But I have no problem with the big guys getting special perks. Is 3000 the right cut-off? I don't know. If the place is sad and empty I'm sure they will adjust the admissions level but I doubt the place is big enough to let everyone at the arena in to have a beer.

I can still get my beer elsewhere in the arena.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

looks like a good modernization of facilities can't wait to see it soon
wrxman
Buckaroo

Kenny Sailors bronze statue in the renovated AA!Image

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 596 times
Been liked: 238 times

It's very well done! Big improvement. My only gripe is the concourse is too white. It feels like a hospital. maybe they aren't done, yet? The concourse needs some color
castlerocker
Cowpoke

It's very well done! Big improvement. My only gripe is the concourse is too white. It feels like a hospital. maybe they aren't done, yet? The concourse needs some color

Maybe needs a little color..like gold. I'm fine with the white because there's more light.

Thank heavens they didn't use black.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:24 pm It's very well done! Big improvement. My only gripe is the concourse is too white. It feels like a hospital. maybe they aren't done, yet? The concourse needs some color
There is quite a bit still left to be done from what I was told (and what I could see - hanging wires everywhere and things like that).

Laugher for me? No red wine sales, as it will stain the yellow seats. Not that I drink red wine, or would at a sporting event, but my peers had a hard time with that one.

Oh, and the meeting spot "Mickey's" doesn't look like it was planned out very well - like sitting in a dungeon or prison. Glad I didn't put up 3k for the privilege.
Dear Karma,

stymeman
Bronco-Buster

didn't go, but reading up on this statue thing and that the sculptor in Green River's statue wasn't used, go on facebook for all the fun there that it seems UW cheated this poor sculptor on, check it out Junky you like to research stuff like this....