JMac's a Laker

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

https://twitter.com/wyo_mbb/status/922248092845465601
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Robert Heyer, from Worland, is also on that roster. That is crazy to see two Wyoming kids getting a shot at the G-league at the same time. Worland and Torrington combined is about 12k people.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

This is not meant as a slam agains Mac, but how does he end up on the Lakers G Squad and Adams and Cooke toil away on foreign teams.... Weird
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:37 am This is not meant as a slam agains Mac, but how does he end up on the Lakers G Squad and Adams and Cooke toil away on foreign teams.... Weird
I assume that both Adams and Cooke have chosen to play elsewhere. The G Squad stuff doesn't really pay very well. Just a fraction of what Adams is making (not sure about Cooke).
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

NowherePoke wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:36 am
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:37 am This is not meant as a slam agains Mac, but how does he end up on the Lakers G Squad and Adams and Cooke toil away on foreign teams.... Weird
I assume that both Adams and Cooke have chosen to play elsewhere. The G Squad stuff doesn't really pay very well. Just a fraction of what Adams is making (not sure about Cooke).
Gotcha. Thanks
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Josh Adams contract with the turkey team is pretty big... Six figures I'm sure. He can make a better living until something tangible opens in the NBA.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

NowherePoke wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:36 am
Yup, at this point, the G League gives you more visibility to the NBA teams and to fans, but overseas can really pay better in many cases and you could even argue the chance at better competition. Cooke was in the G League for a bit, but decided to go overseas this year.

The biggest contract for a G League player is $26,000 a season. I'm guessing JMac will start at the B level though, which is $19,500.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Mtpoke89
Ranch Hand

Thats awesome jmac and heyer are there. I was 4 grades ahead of heyer at worland. I had to kinda cheer on boise his senior year. Glad they are both getting a shot.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Like always, GO POKES