Random Thoughts on Casper practice

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
.44caliberkiller
Blog Team

1. As scary of a thought as it is, Justin James looks more athletic than before! He was blazing up and down the court, he looked considerably faster then before. Also he could be heard coaching up his teammates. Hopefully he's really growing into that team leader position.

2. Herdon looks noticeably bigger. He is no longer a bean pole, his arms have actual muscle definition now!

3. Dalton on the other hand looks as skinny has ever. But he was draining everything.

4. Hunter Thompson sat out of practice, and was seen wheeling around on some sort of mobile that is used instead of crutches. Not sure if there was a set back or this was just routine rest.

5. Lou Adams was sick and not in attendance.

6. Anthony Mack was recovering from a concussion, so instead of practicing with the team he exercised off to the side by himself.

7. Jermaine Haley a transfer from New Mexico State who I thought was coming to Wyoming is instead going to a junior college this year and hopes to join the team next year. I'm of the understanding that he wasn't able to come this year because of some sort of academic issue. If he comes to Wyoming next year he will be a red-shirt junior.

8. Brodricks "Budda" Jones is very much the same kind of player as Herdon/Dalton. He is tall and on the skinny side but he looks fairly athletic and has a pretty smooth jump shot.

9. Nyaires Redding has a somewhat unorthodox release to his shot but he looks to be a proficient shooter. He made most of his 3pt attempts and the misses he had I would qualify has good misses (online but just rimmed out). Also he appears to be a significant jump up in athleticism from Leiberman/Kelley.

10. I wish I had more observations but it was a pretty short practice.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 596 times
Been liked: 238 times

Awesome thx for posting. I think we see JJ make a leap this year. Herndon might lead the league in blocks this year, Good stuff
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Sucks about Haley. I guess we have another scholarship to fill.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

Hunter Thompson is definitely going to redshirt. He suffered a setback on his foot injury.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Thanks for the notes. Two guys we haven't seen or heard a lot of first hand about are Hunter Maldonado or Austin Mueller. Were they there and practicing? If so, anything of note?
.44caliberkiller
Blog Team

Vt poke wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:40 pm Thanks for the notes. Two guys we haven't seen or heard a lot of first hand about are Hunter Maldonado or Austin Mueller. Were they there and practicing? If so, anything of note?
They were both there and practicing but it was a short practice and they only did a few drills. But Maldonado appears to me that he will be a lot like Justin James when he first arrived to campus (Really athletic but more of a slasher than a shooter). But it looks to me that he has a decent enough stroke and should be able to eventually become a solid 3pt shooter.

Mueller to me projects to be an undersized 4. The problem is I don't think he is a very good shooter from 3pt land, which Edwards prefers from the 4 spot. It's not that he just missed shots but he had quite a few really bad misses (air balls and what not). Obviously it's way too early for me to say for certain that he isn't a good shooter, just my initial observation.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Looking forward to wonderful things this winter, get em POKES!!!