Dean Heil v. Bryce Meredith in Cheyenne

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Cowboy wrestling team will dual Oklahoma State at Storey Gym in Cheyenne. This gives Bryce the very realistic opportunity for a rematch of the 2016 National Championship in his hometown. Looking forward to this one!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Bryce has got to beat that mofo once in his career
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:01 am Bryce has got to beat that mofo once in his career
99.5% of wrestling fans would be pulling for Bryce. Heil's style is tough to watch and probably not good for the sport.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

He'll probably get him again at the NCAA tournament too, so I don't think this is the last time we'll see this match-up.

Heil has the strength that no one else in the weight class has. He shoots, gets a leg, and then uses his strength to dominate the ground or hold on and stay out of dangerous positions. Meredith is one of the best scramblers in the game.

I think Bryce is going to catch his ass in a scramble one of these days and stick him.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:58 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:01 am Bryce has got to beat that mofo once in his career
99.5% of wrestling fans would be pulling for Bryce. Heil's style is tough to watch and probably not good for the sport.
I hate watching all of OK St. They all stall and it makes me mad. John Smith sure has left his imprint on the whole program.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

'PokeForLife wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:37 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:58 pm
I hate watching all of OK St. They all stall and it makes me mad. John Smith sure has left his imprint on the whole program.
As a big fan (went to Stillwater for a bit) I can't disagree. They're so good for a reason, but generally terrible to watch. Wish they would wrestle more like Penn State, those guys are fun, and kicked OSU's ass last year