Selecting new seats in AA ...

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
nirv117
Ranch Hand

Anyone received notice about selecting new seats for basketball yet? I requested to select new seats, and it should be coming up soon, but haven't heard anything yet. Figured I'd check here before calling the ticket office peeps.

The notice said they will include how often you used your tickets from last year in addition to the CJC points system. Hopefully that means people who show up will get better seats.
God is a Cowboy
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

let us sit in the student section if we chose(not the floor) to kinda be a bit loud and rowdy, as getting tickets in lower bowl is like going to the library/museum anymore, when you cheer people turn around and look at you and some even say please quiet down(what???)
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

nirv117 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:39 pm Anyone received notice about selecting new seats for basketball yet? I requested to select new seats, and it should be coming up soon, but haven't heard anything yet. Figured I'd check here before calling the ticket office peeps.

The notice said they will include how often you used your tickets from last year in addition to the CJC points system. Hopefully that means people who show up will get better seats.
Renewals end today. I would imagine they will open the rest to the public soon.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:42 am let us sit in the student section if we chose(not the floor) to kinda be a bit loud and rowdy, as getting tickets in lower bowl is like going to the library/museum anymore, when you cheer people turn around and look at you and some even say please quiet down(what???)
Yeah, the lower bowl, not in the student section, is definitely more tame in comparison.

I sat about 5 rows back across from the visiting bench a few years ago for the CSU game.

Although the fans around me were not very noisy to start, they followed my loud mouth lead by the finish of the game. In fact, the guy we bought the tickets from was sitting next to us and he offered me and my recently murdered friend(rest in piece Trevor.....love you to death) tickets whenever we wanted because he liked us being into the game. His wife didn't though and she quickly put the kibosh on that.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

nirv117 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:39 pm Anyone received notice about selecting new seats for basketball yet? I requested to select new seats, and it should be coming up soon, but haven't heard anything yet. Figured I'd check here before calling the ticket office peeps.

Don't get too excited. Hardly any seats to pick from. They certainly aren't penalizing for not attending games.
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:40 pm

Don't get too excited. Hardly any seats to pick from. They certainly aren't penalizing for not attending games.
Excellent, that completely empty lower bowl game after game after game is what makes for a great atmosphere!!
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

FarmerPoke wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:22 am
Excellent, that completely empty lower bowl game after game after game is what makes for a great atmosphere!!
The place looks awesome on TV, too, with the empty rows of seats all nicely lined up. And then right next to them is a gaping black access tunnel. Nothing says packed house like that...
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

Lost Poke wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:05 pm
FarmerPoke wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:22 am
The place looks awesome on TV, too, with the empty rows of seats all nicely lined up. And then right next to them is a gaping black access tunnel. Nothing says packed house like that...
:rofl:
nirv117
Ranch Hand

I got about 5 rows closer, and in a different section. I think they'll be OK seats.
God is a Cowboy