This could be interesting....

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

are we turning into Kentucky West???? I'll take that!!
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 1:47 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 1:46 pm And another one.... Lots of dudes wanting their shot in Laradise.... :lol: :D
https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/statu ... 9552629760
I bet he goes to BYU. The mothership is calling
Yep. Definitely my first thought. BYU doesn't stop recruiting LDS kids just because they sign a LOI elsewhere (or even play elsewhere, ask Kyle Davis and USU).

As noted in the thread, I believe he is slated to go on a mission, so would be basically a class of 2019 recruit.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Knell already has a visit lined up with BYU.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Dang. I was hoping there would be a 'no LSU' restriction
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:22 am
Dang. I was hoping there would be a 'no LSU' restriction
COME TO LARAMIE PARKER!!!!!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

I believe LSU just filled there final scholarship opening so no more openings there.

Another school to check would be Nebraska. They were in Parkers final four also. I would say if Nebraska is filled up as well then there is a good chance Parker lands at Wyoming unless some school out of no where grabs him that nobody would have thought could get him based on his final schools he was looking at.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

I don't think he would go to Nebraska. It's a poop show and Miles is about to get canned.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
FromOhioToWyoming
Buckaroo

His dad is head coach at UT Martin. Not sure if he'd go to that low-major of a school, but just something to keep in mind.
Golden Poke
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

FromOhioToWyoming wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:34 pm His dad is head coach at UT Martin. Not sure if he'd go to that low-major of a school, but just something to keep in mind.
It's not that much of a step down from the MWC with way the MWC has been trending over the past few years.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Parker is on his twitter page in a picture of Georgetown uniform. He isn't committed to them but just makes me think he has too many teams after him for him to come to Wyoming. Think he will land somewhere else.

Looks like he is looking around at multiple schools.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:58 pm Parker is on his twitter page in a picture of Georgetown uniform. He isn't committed to them but just makes me think he has too many teams after him for him to come to Wyoming. Think he will land somewhere else.

Looks like he is looking around at multiple schools.
I imagine he's going to be extremely sought after. We'd certainly be lucky to get him. Good luck to the kid in wherever he chooses.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

http://www.casualhoya.com/2017/6/7/1575 ... er-stewart

Georgetown appears to be a lock. A recruit doesn't simply put up a picture of himself in a Hoyas jersey if he isn't going to Georgetown. I'm sure it is a done deal...most likely just waiting to clear the admissions department at Georgetown. Sorry guys.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:33 pmA recruit doesn't simply put up a picture of himself in a Hoyas jersey if he isn't going to Georgetown.
They don't? https://twitter.com/Parker2828/status/6 ... 3167507456
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Wyoming has the best talent and depth at every position I have seen in a long time. This team is poised for a big run. I hope Parker is part of this momentous occasion.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

He also tweeted that he is on his way to DC today...not promising for the Pokes.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

talked to a sports person in the know, we don't want this trouble, that's all I know on Stewart, good or not
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

I listened to an Allen Edwards interview on the Zone a few weeks ago and Allen said:

1. They are perfectly content with the depth of the team and will sit on the scholarship unless the guy that signs is a program changer: immediate impact guy.

2. The only two positions they AREN'T recruiting for the last scholarship are point guard and traditional five. At the traditional five roll, he likes Moemeka and Naughton. At the point he likes the rotation of Ny Redding and Cody Kelly.

If they are going to sign Parker, he's likely to play 2 guard or wing and NOT point guard. Parker prefers to play point, so he might look elsewhere.

This staff doesn't really look for point guards that can score. They want ball handlers and guys that will run the offense before looking for their own shot.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
wiley wapiti
Ranch Hand

According to Stewart's twitter, he is off to Pitt. for a visit. Did not sign with Georgetown...yet.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

wiley wapiti wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:25 pm According to Stewart's twitter, he is off to Pitt. for a visit. Did not sign with Georgetown...yet.
That was last weekend. He hasn't declared yet. I'm guessing it will be Georgetown. Who knows though. Wish he would have come back to Laramie but the ship has sailed now.