Jeremy Lieberman transferring? (via Clint Parks)

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Nm
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
davidwyo
Ranch Hand

Honestly, I think half this forum is smoking to much 420. I'm not saying Lieberman is a huge loss, but still a loss, one that would've been nice to have on the floor next year because chemistry is important. I hope I'm wrong, but I would bet everyone on this forum we don't win as many games next year as we did this year (hopefully someone is stupid enough to take that bet). I for one would like to see the school, faculty, students, coaches, players and fans all rowing in the same direction. Create some fun at the AA, build upon the success of last year (oops, wait the forum thinks the CBI championship was an F N Joke, but Oregon was in the Final Four seven years later which we will continue to dream about 70 years from now). Edwards is doing what Edwards needs to do to Win, but if you think he wants to retire in Laramie you need to put the baby oil away. Nobody is coming to Laramie to stay long term unless its a Wyoming born coach who can't imagine coaching anywhere else. Edwards had success with a CBI win. IF and a HUGE IF, we win anything in 2018 or 2019 as in MWC or MW Tourney, someone will take him and he will leave and this forum will say "you sucked Edwards, we can do better" its just a bunch of BS. I hope they get a Jr. College transfer ASAP to fill that spot because Kelly is not the guy. Hopefully a 4 star recruit (dreaming) sees this as an opportunity and jumps in.

Long off season, but Go Pokes! see you in December. DavidWyo OUT (I'm sure I will miss the Negative Nancy's on this board).
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

davidwyo wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:20 pmCreate some fun at the AA, build upon the success of last year (oops, wait the forum thinks the CBI championship was an F N Joke, but Oregon was in the Final Four seven years later which we will continue to dream about 70 years from now).
Hold on. I don't think the CBI was a joke, but I'm not going to say the CBI championship played a role in Oregon going to the Final Four either. That was seven years ago. That was 1.5 recruiting cycles ago.

That's like saying Wyoming's CBI berth in 2012 in Larry Shyatt's first year played a role in Wyoming winning the CBI championship this year.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

davidwyo wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:20 pm Honestly, I think half this forum is smoking to much 420. I'm not saying Lieberman is a huge loss, but still a loss, one that would've been nice to have on the floor next year because chemistry is important. I hope I'm wrong, but I would bet everyone on this forum we don't win as many games next year as we did this year (hopefully someone is stupid enough to take that bet). I for one would like to see the school, faculty, students, coaches, players and fans all rowing in the same direction. Create some fun at the AA, build upon the success of last year (oops, wait the forum thinks the CBI championship was an F N Joke, but Oregon was in the Final Four seven years later which we will continue to dream about 70 years from now). Edwards is doing what Edwards needs to do to Win, but if you think he wants to retire in Laramie you need to put the baby oil away. Nobody is coming to Laramie to stay long term unless its a Wyoming born coach who can't imagine coaching anywhere else. Edwards had success with a CBI win. IF and a HUGE IF, we win anything in 2018 or 2019 as in MWC or MW Tourney, someone will take him and he will leave and this forum will say "you sucked Edwards, we can do better" its just a bunch of BS. I hope they get a Jr. College transfer ASAP to fill that spot because Kelly is not the guy. Hopefully a 4 star recruit (dreaming) sees this as an opportunity and jumps in.

Long off season, but Go Pokes! see you in December. DavidWyo OUT (I'm sure I will miss the Negative Nancy's on this board).
Buh bye.....
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

This whole idea of kids jumping ship just doesn't make sense to me.

Based on the way he plays and works, Lieberman is not the kind of guy who would take off on his senior season so he can play at a lower division school. He's not a quitter. And there isn't nearly enough smoke out there to indicate that the players dislike the coach all of a sudden, after loving him the last few years as an assistant.

So you have to think that Edwards had his end of season meetings with his players, and has a player coming up or coming off redshirt that he sees playing better overall. He told Lieberman he would likely not start, or gave him a list of things he had to do to hold onto that position. And Lieberman made the decision from there, probably so he could get in a position to get more playing time. That happens in college athletics.

I'm sad to see the guy go, regardless.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

IF you can get a scholarship somewhere else (D1), you sit out the year and play the next. But is that sit-out year a scholarship year? If so, Leibs can get two more years of school paid for. And doesn't Leib's parents live in Laramie now? If so, strange they would pull up stakes.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Holy crap. How did I miss this epic, drama queen tea party?

Who knew? A thread about Jeremy Lieberman transferring has produced multiple contenders for most over dramatic, sky is falling, melt down of 2017.

Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Adv8RU12 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:51 pm IF you can get a scholarship somewhere else (D1), you sit out the year and play the next. But is that sit-out year a scholarship year? If so, Leibs can get two more years of school paid for. And doesn't Leib's parents live in Laramie now? If so, strange they would pull up stakes.
If Lieberman graduates in three years (which is totally possible with summer courses) he can be a grad transfer and work towards his masters on scholarship immediately. The realtively new NCAA rule allows this. I think that the family and Parks have always thought that he was better than he really is. This situation reminds me a lot of the Austyn Carta Samuels days
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

I appreciate the effort put forth by Jeremy, but damn, he wasn't an elite first team MWC player. Hell, he was barely serviceable as a point guard. I like the kid, but he isn't what I would consider a D1 starter. I think Parks always had a really high opinion of him and like Vt poke said, Parks thought he was better than he actually was. I'll just thank Jeremy for the years of service and wish him well in the future, but the sky isn't falling in Laramie because he is leaving.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

davidwyo wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:05 pm Seriously, I told you players were going to leave the program and the first one just left. Why would any great player stick around in Laramie at this point???? Oh because this board was so high on the CBI (which we won) - our fan base sucks, our forums beat the poop out of players, our coach is bi-polar and will leave by the end of the 2018 or 19 season for greener pastures and if California players bust their asses to make it in Wyoming and are treated like poop by the coaches, how are we going to get more players from Cali to move to Wyoming? Oh your going to love the elevation, cows, horses and stadium that struggles to seat 2000 a game, sounds like a place where I would want my son to play bball. LPoke wants Kelly at the PG? What a joke. I like Kelly, he's tenacious, hearts in the right spot, but he's no D1 PG and would be crushed by Gonzaga, Kansas, Kentucky, Duke, NC, poop he can't even handle the MW. I wish Liemberman all the best, but I don't think Wyoming will break the top five in the MW next year and if we lose a few more seniors, we will SUCK next year. I was excited about a senior class with chemistry coming together next year and making a run, now, my prediction is coming true. Justin James, Hayden Dalton who else bolts for a better coach and program? not a good day in Poke Land.
Part of the reason they only get 2,000 in attendance is that players like Lieberman and Gorski play. Nobody that couldn't dominate at the half acre should be playing heavy minutes for Wyoming.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

SDPokeFan wrote:
davidwyo wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:05 pm Seriously, I told you players were going to leave the program and the first one just left. Why would any great player stick around in Laramie at this point???? Oh because this board was so high on the CBI (which we won) - our fan base sucks, our forums beat the poop out of players, our coach is bi-polar and will leave by the end of the 2018 or 19 season for greener pastures and if California players bust their asses to make it in Wyoming and are treated like poop by the coaches, how are we going to get more players from Cali to move to Wyoming? Oh your going to love the elevation, cows, horses and stadium that struggles to seat 2000 a game, sounds like a place where I would want my son to play bball. LPoke wants Kelly at the PG? What a joke. I like Kelly, he's tenacious, hearts in the right spot, but he's no D1 PG and would be crushed by Gonzaga, Kansas, Kentucky, Duke, NC, poop he can't even handle the MW. I wish Liemberman all the best, but I don't think Wyoming will break the top five in the MW next year and if we lose a few more seniors, we will SUCK next year. I was excited about a senior class with chemistry coming together next year and making a run, now, my prediction is coming true. Justin James, Hayden Dalton who else bolts for a better coach and program? not a good day in Poke Land.
Part of the reason they only get 2,000 in attendance is that players like Lieberman and Gorski play. Nobody that couldn't dominate at the half acre should be playing heavy minutes for Wyoming.
Finally a good post! Lol

I think gorski should play like Bradley Mann did back in the day. Put him in and see if he can give you a spark and ride him while he's hot.

Lieberman is serviceable and works hard but champions don't have players like him as PGs. I suspect that he's from a well off family and he felt like he wasn't getting the respect he deserved. I wish him the best and thank him for his time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:43 pm
SDPokeFan wrote:
Finally a good post! Lol

I think gorski should play like Bradley Mann did back in the day. Put him in and see if he can give you a spark and ride him while he's hot.

Lieberman is serviceable and works hard but champions don't have players like him as PGs. I suspect that he's from a well off family and he felt like he wasn't getting the respect he deserved. I wish him the best and thank him for his time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This part is definitely true. Rich neighborhood in Cali. Rumor was his family bought DCs old house after he got canned
wiley wapiti
Ranch Hand

Maybe true maybe not....but I've been told that it's no secret that Lieberman was going to lose his starting role to Redding. If and it's a big if, Redding is an actual D1 PG and Jones lives of to his hype, we only get better next year. Lets be honest....Lieberman couldn't stay on the court with his backup being one of the smallest, slowest white dudes in all of D1 basketball. We all love the "instate" recruits, but the last two we have gotten really aren't mid major or high major players. They can shoot, but they're just not the athlete we need, especially in Edwards system.

This will be the prototypical "addition by subtraction" situation.....

All you negative Nacys seem to forget that we had 3 star and 4 star sitting the bench this year, and 3 star, 3 star, 3/4 star coming in this year. If you really think we are taking a step back, you just don't understand...or you do, and you know that Edwards and company will not develop the talent.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I wish the best of luck to Jeremy Lieberman and thank him for his time and energy at UW.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.