Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

Cowboy Junky wrote:
poke_addict wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:
stymeman wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:It's pretty easy really. If you know when the signing periods are, just do an internet search during that time of year. The last one I listed was in the CST.
or have that much free time to do it, LOL
Exactly. With the wedding this summer, I was so busy I didn't have much time to follow the summer recruiting period.

Luckily, Poke Addict kicked ass and did all the work himself.
Appreciate it Junky. Just trying to do my part. The recruiting threads are definitely my favorite topic around here. I'm just thankful I'm not the only one that has an obsession for Cowboy Basketball. I appreciate everyone that posts on the bball threads and makes this the best place to talk cowboy hoops.
Agreed. It's hard not to get excited with Cowboy basketball recruiting. It was fun to follow under Heath Schroyer even though it was one of the few things he did well. Now, it's really exciting, because we know our players are going to get better after we sign them.
Couldn't agree more. Heath could find good talent but just didn't know how to command his team in Laramie. The staff Edwards has put together seems to be more and more impressive and we have only played a few summer league games. Can't wait to see how this all plays out. The 2018 class is going to be a very important class as well. Glad you have more time to post now. The bball board is definitely a better place with Junky getting everyone fired up on Cowboy Basketball.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

poke_addict wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:
poke_addict wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:
stymeman wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:It's pretty easy really. If you know when the signing periods are, just do an internet search during that time of year. The last one I listed was in the CST.
or have that much free time to do it, LOL
Exactly. With the wedding this summer, I was so busy I didn't have much time to follow the summer recruiting period.

Luckily, Poke Addict kicked ass and did all the work himself.
Appreciate it Junky. Just trying to do my part. The recruiting threads are definitely my favorite topic around here. I'm just thankful I'm not the only one that has an obsession for Cowboy Basketball. I appreciate everyone that posts on the bball threads and makes this the best place to talk cowboy hoops.
Agreed. It's hard not to get excited with Cowboy basketball recruiting. It was fun to follow under Heath Schroyer even though it was one of the few things he did well. Now, it's really exciting, because we know our players are going to get better after we sign them.
Couldn't agree more. Heath could find good talent but just didn't know how to command his team in Laramie. The staff Edwards has put together seems to be more and more impressive and we have only played a few summer league games. Can't wait to see how this all plays out. The 2018 class is going to be a very important class as well. Glad you have more time to post now. The bball board is definitely a better place with Junky getting everyone fired up on Cowboy Basketball.
Thanks. :thumb:

We've got a lot to be excited for with Pokes hoops. That's for sure.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
LifeItself
Buckaroo

Daylen Kountz was offered back in Feb. along with fellow Denver GWHS senior Jervay Green.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

6'4" Florida point guard Ricardo Clouden holds a Wyoming offer.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

The full list of 2018 offers so far:

Ricardo Clouden 6'4 PG
Miles Norris 6-10 PF
Serrel Smith 6-3 SG
Duncan Demuth 6-8 PF
Naseem Gaskin 6-3 SG
Daylen Kountz 6-3 PG
Greg Floyd 6-9 PF
Orland Robinson Jr. 6-7 C
Last edited by Cowboy Junky on Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Consensus 5 star, top 20, Miles Norris....

National Champions 1943.

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Naseem Gaskin

Last edited by Cowboy Junky on Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Daylen Kountz

National Champions 1943.

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Greg Floyd

National Champions 1943.

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Another Greg Floyd

National Champions 1943.

I do.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Looks like we're going after some big fish.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

It looks like Pete Nance is talking to some really big schools (Ohio State, Notre Dame, Purdue). I wonder why we haven't offered him. He may be even more ready to contribute than Larry was, since he hasn't had to navigate any setbacks like Larry did with his Crohn's in high school.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Daylen Kountz is quickly becoming a Wyoming 2018 favorite.

A long athletic, left handed guard is exactly what this roster needs.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
SLCPoke
Cowpoke

Would love to have Kountz!! Can he play the point?
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

National Champions 1943.

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

2018 is a huge recruiting class for Wyoming. That's the year that Gorski, Dalton, Liebs, Barnes, Adams, and Herndon graduate. Hunter Thompson filled one. So we have five scholarships to fill for 2018.

The five guys that commit will get to join this team:

Freshmen: Hunter Thompson(redshirt),
Sophomores: Hunter Maldonado, Anthony Mack, Austin Meuller(redshirt)
Juniors: Buddha Jones(redshirt), Sam Averbuck(redshirt), Cody Kelley(redshirt), Andrew Moemeka(redshirt),
Seniors: Nyairres Redding, Justin James, Jordan Naughton,

I'm guessing we'll see a lot of length in this class: guards and stretch fours. I wouldn't mind seeing us get a graduate transfer to add another senior to the team.

This thread has potential to make Mericu great again.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Some new Naseem Gaskin,

National Champions 1943.

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Greg Floyd Jr. committed to Long Beach State.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

This is nasty. Look what Daylen did to our Chap boys on Josh Adams night.

He definitely got my attention.

I'm moving Daylen Kountz to number one on my 2018 list.

If you read the article, a pop up video of highlights will start. Kountz was nasty.

http://www.9news.com/sports/high-school ... /383425248

National Champions 1943.

I do.