Call me crazy...

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WyoManiac
Buckaroo

But I don't believe we win this game under Shyatt.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

WyoManiac wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:17 am But I don't believe we win this game under Shyatt.
Maybe, maybe not but the team would play WAY more consistent under Shyatt. Shyatt's team did win in a 3 OT game there when the team had upper class men if I remember correctly.

Glad we won but that is the problem with this team. They aren't coached well enough to be consistent. They have the talent to beat anyone in the league as they have already shown. They can also lose to any team in the league which comes down to coaching.

That is why this team is so frustrating. They will get your hopes up after a win or two like this then crush them the next game by losing to a bottom dweller.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Maybe, but we wouldn’t have lost to Denver, northern Colorado or CSU.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

Just wanted to address a vibe i'm getting from the Shyatt haters (haters is probably too strong)... the season with the MWC tournament win was no fluke. That team was legit. If mono doesn't hit Larry and Herndon (I think there was another guy as well) Wyoming finishes no lower than second in the regular season conference standings, and, in my opinion, wins it. Nance was a force and was not the same even after returning to the lineup that year. I think of that as an all-time "what-if" team...Wyoming has way to many of those...too little depth year in and year out.
andersonj
Buckaroo

I remember when Cowboy fans ran off Joe Tiller because they didn't think he was good enough. Both Shyatt and Edwards are/were good enough and the proof is in the pudding. They both brought good players to Wyoming, behaved well, and got a good number of wins each season. Sure, you may not like the style of ball and the players may be inconsistent but none of that makes either coach bad, or even sub-par.

If you looked at the last game (Fresno on the road) closely, you would see that they changed their defense and moved off the ball and into the gaps by about two steps. This was ingenious and the result was a much better defensive performance. Kudos to the coaches and players for making such a successful adjustment. Seems like that is exactly why we should be glad to have Coach Edwards, plus his commitment to having high character players!

I for one and glad we have Coach Edwards, and I think I know what I am talking about.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

307bball wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:32 pm Just wanted to address a vibe i'm getting from the Shyatt haters (haters is probably too strong)... the season with the MWC tournament win was no fluke. That team was legit. If mono doesn't hit Larry and Herndon (I think there was another guy as well) Wyoming finishes no lower than second in the regular season conference standings, and, in my opinion, wins it. Nance was a force and was not the same even after returning to the lineup that year. I think of that as an all-time "what-if" team...Wyoming has way to many of those...too little depth year in and year out.
Shyatts best season was absolutely a fluke. We can only know what happened, not what could have been. The results were the results. He never finished higher than 4th in conference and that team got hot at the right time.

If this seasons team catches fire from 3 and runs through and wins the tournament does that suddenly overshadow the glaring issues we have had this season? While I welcome that result this team is still very flawed, just like that Shyatt team.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:17 pm
307bball wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:32 pm Just wanted to address a vibe i'm getting from the Shyatt haters (haters is probably too strong)... the season with the MWC tournament win was no fluke. That team was legit. If mono doesn't hit Larry and Herndon (I think there was another guy as well) Wyoming finishes no lower than second in the regular season conference standings, and, in my opinion, wins it. Nance was a force and was not the same even after returning to the lineup that year. I think of that as an all-time "what-if" team...Wyoming has way to many of those...too little depth year in and year out.
Shyatts best season was absolutely a fluke. We can only know what happened, not what could have been. The results were the results. He never finished higher than 4th in conference and that team got hot at the right time.

If this seasons team catches fire from 3 and runs through and wins the tournament does that suddenly overshadow the glaring issues we have had this season? While I welcome that result this team is still very flawed, just like that Shyatt team.
That 14-15 team was 8-2, 19-4 before mono hit. It is not a fluke that team that was in first place when healthy was able to win the MWCT.