Star-Tribune loses another beat writer

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Looks like Ben Fredrickson is headed to Fox Sports Midwest. Wonder who they'll find this time?

Ben Frederickson ‏@Ben_Fred
Life update: After a tremendously rewarding experience at the @CSTribune, I'm headed back to STL post hoops season to write for @FSMidwest.

https://twitter.com/Ben_Fred/status/297116010501259264
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

Kinda sucks.. I liked Ben.. didn't figure he'd be around too long.. young guy, lots of upward trajectory..
ImageImageImageImage
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

A friend of mine is the sports editor for the Douglas paper. Dude is the only person I know who is a bigger Wyoming fan than I am. (And has more Wyoming ink at that) I told him to get a resume in. It'd be great if he got the job, he'd be around for the long term.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

That sucks. Ben was a solid balance of perspective on all topics.....not a Wyoming hater or lover.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

J-Rod wrote:That sucks. Ben was a solid balance of perspective on all topics.....not a Wyoming hater or lover.
He didn't have any skin in the game.. just there to do his job, good or bad news.
ImageImageImageImage
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Ben's investigative work paid off. DC is surely happy he is leaving though.

Personally, I don't want a cheerleader as a writer. I'd rather have a journalist with an objective view. I think BF provided that. He may have been semi anti-DC, but DC did it to himself with his closed door mentality. I'd be a terrible writer about the Pokes because I have way too much personal interest in the team.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

OrediggerPoke wrote:I'd rather have a journalist with an objective view.
And doesn't have an axe to grind. ;)
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

McPeachy wrote:
OrediggerPoke wrote:I'd rather have a journalist with an objective view.
And doesn't have an axe to grind. ;)
Like a certain lady who works/worked for one of the Denver papers. :whistle:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

This is good news for the Cowboys. This clown had an axe to grind and he made passionate music to "cooking w/ Sal" Fritz Shurmurs daughter. Eric Schmoldt is missed compared to the garbage this Fredrickson blew. Good luck you red headed blimp.
goPokes
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Ben Fred was a great writer! He will be missed. They should go after a guy by the name of Greg Racach who works for the Billings Gazette as a cat/griz guy. He would be perfect
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

heh.. Rashac has a pretty good job at the Gazette.. his paper hits more readers than the CST does..
ImageImageImageImage
gopokes1399
Blog Team

You never know with the pay and what not... The CST writers seem to move up in the world faster than most Gaz writers. You never know... I also said it would be a good hire not necessarily something that would happen
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times

need a local to give local flavor
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote:Ben's investigative work paid off. DC is surely happy he is leaving though.

Personally, I don't want a cheerleader as a writer. I'd rather have a journalist with an objective view. I think BF provided that. He may have been semi anti-DC, but DC did it to himself with his closed door mentality. I'd be a terrible writer about the Pokes because I have way too much personal interest in the team.
if it seemed he may have not liked DC, maybe it's cuz he's a Mizzou Grad, and still stinging from when he left, just an idea
Poke Around
Ranch Hand

OrediggerPoke wrote:Ben's investigative work paid off. DC is surely happy he is leaving though.

Actually it seemed he had it out for Shyatt, but actually liked DC.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

I like this new Mike Vogel guy