Pokes on radio

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
JohnnySunshine
Buckaroo

Just curious why Wyoming has no streaming to watch anywhere? I find that a little odd in this day and age. Wyoming has to be one of the very few programs where the fans can't get a stream of the game somehow.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

JohnnySunshine wrote:Just curious why Wyoming has no streaming to watch anywhere? I find that a little odd in this day and age. Wyoming has to be one of the very few programs where the fans can't get a stream of the game somehow.
Are you talking about audio or video? Wyoming has both.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Recently found out I get the Pokes on 1030AM up here in Corvallis.

1030 AM is out of Casper correct?
How powerful is their station? lol
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:Recently found out I get the Pokes on 1030AM up here in Corvallis.

1030 AM is out of Casper correct?
How powerful is their station? lol
i believe it's like 50,000 watts
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Just got a message back from a friend at k2
Yep, 50,000 clear channel (which means our frequency is cleared to the west of us, so at night we get all the way to California and sometimes even to Scandinavia.
Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

used to listen to K2 down in Phoenix when I lived there and also in Salt Lake, sometimes scratchy but it would come back so I could listen to my hero Mr. Dave Walsh.....I wish at the game in person when we score a TD they'd replay that Touchdown Cowboys over the Jumbotron just to hear Dave's voice and excitement. Jack Nokes just doesn't do it for me anymore, sorry
TracyRingolsby
Buckaroo

cowboyz wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:14 pm This has probably come up before but I can't remember.

Is there a way to listen to the Pokes games on radio, via the internet, for out-of-towners? My aunt will be visiting in Portland next weekend and wants to listen to the game via the internet if possible.
For free you can get the KFBC app. With that app you can tune into any programming they have, which includes the Monday coaches shows and also the football and hoops games. There is no charge. All games are available. You get the full pregame and postgame.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

Go Pokes!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
roozy
Ranch Hand

K2radio.com.... yep, listened to WYO USU from my phone hanging on my belt while digging fence post holes today. :) :) :)
Jesus First, then football
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

Wyowilly2015 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:58 pm From what I understand, the only way to stream audio for Wyoming football and basketball is through the UW Athletics website and it's FREE. None of the radio affiliates have any streaming rights.

http://portal.stretchinternet.com/wyoming/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GO POKES!
I always use the tune in radio app and tune into 1240 am Kfbc has always worked in times of need on Gameday.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Dave and Kevin started 35th year together, man, am I getting that old, LOL
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times

stymeman wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:22 am Dave and Kevin started 35th year together, man, am I getting that old, LOL
When did George Kay retire? I met him three times in the late 80s/early 90s. Saw him on a KTWO YouTube video months ago and I didn't even recognize him.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:30 pm
stymeman wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:22 am Dave and Kevin started 35th year together, man, am I getting that old, LOL
When did George Kay retire? I met him three times in the late 80s/early 90s. Saw him on a KTWO YouTube video months ago and I didn't even recognize him.
Nov. 30, 2004, Mr I run outta breath when I talk, LOL, now TV stations in Wyoming are lucky to keep reporters 3 years or more(he did 38)
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

TURNOVER!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Dave and Kevin starting year 36, man
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

stymeman wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:24 pm Dave and Kevin starting year 36, man
After all those years, you'd think they'd be good at what they do. They're the cringiest Play by Play team I have ever come across. Including those knuckleheads for the Rockies TV broadcast.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:32 am
stymeman wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:24 pm Dave and Kevin starting year 36, man
After all those years, you'd think they'd be good at what they do. They're the cringiest Play by Play team I have ever come across. Including those knuckleheads for the Rockies TV broadcast.
I miss the days of Dave Walsh and George Kay.

I actually met Kevin McKinney back in 1996 and I thought he was just a wee bit bizarre.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

Kevin has always bothered me, but their style is something I've grown up with and used to, tbh Dave isn't as smooth and sharp as he used to be, i hear things that are slightly off, maybe thats just me, but still love listening to him(notice i said, him, lol) George Kay was ok just ran outta breath alot, lol
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

So, is Reece slated to take over when they hang it up? I listen to his calls if women’s bb and it isn’t too bad.
W-Y, Until I Die!