New Mexico State Television (or lack thereof)

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I was looking at their website and I realized why they don't have any tv listed. This is there first season as an independent and as such they have no network contracts. They are hopeful that this game is picked up by ESPN3 in their fan forums but don't sound very optimistic about it. I'm just hoping for a stream of some kind but this will be a game likely not televised on any network unless somehow they negotiate the game with them.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

How about ESPN plus pick this one up? They prob would if New Mexico st was still in the sunbelt. I hope it gets streamed, plenty of options (ESPN 3, stadium or ESPN plus).
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I don't understand it at all. IIRC, Hawaii @ Colorado State is the only other FBS vs. FBS game in Week 0. It's on CBS Sports. The last few weeks, I've seen things like cornhole, skateboarding, and a few sporting events I can't even tell you what it was. July and August are the dead of the sports calendar year. ESPN, ESPN2, hell even ESPNU...what do you really have on TV on the evening of August 25th? I'm baffled that this game won't be on TV.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

J-Rod wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:06 pm I don't understand it at all. IIRC, Hawaii @ Colorado State is the only other FBS vs. FBS game in Week 0. It's on CBS Sports. The last few weeks, I've seen things like cornhole, skateboarding, and a few sporting events I can't even tell you what it was. July and August are the dead of the sports calendar year. ESPN, ESPN2, hell even ESPNU...what do you really have on TV on the evening of August 25th? I'm baffled that this game won't be on TV.
Especially since BOTH schools are coming off bowl wins last year. NMSU firs appearance in one since the Eisenhower Administration (1960)!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

If they can't do ESPN they should at least try for Facebook live. They did that for the Utah State game last season and it wasn't too bad.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

pokefanchaz7 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:30 pm I was looking at their website and I realized why they don't have any tv listed. This is there first season as an independent and as such they have no network contracts. They are hopeful that this game is picked up by ESPN3 in their fan forums but don't sound very optimistic about it. I'm just hoping for a stream of some kind but this will be a game likely not televised on any network unless somehow they negotiate the game with them.
Oh, and BTW, consider me blown away to find out that there is not only a message board for NMSU athletics, but that there is more than one.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

J-Rod wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:54 pm
pokefanchaz7 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:30 pm I was looking at their website and I realized why they don't have any tv listed. This is there first season as an independent and as such they have no network contracts. They are hopeful that this game is picked up by ESPN3 in their fan forums but don't sound very optimistic about it. I'm just hoping for a stream of some kind but this will be a game likely not televised on any network unless somehow they negotiate the game with them.
Oh, and BTW, consider me blown away to find out that there is not only a message board for NMSU athletics, but that there is more than one.
Somewhere to talk Basketball and Baseball (until last year)
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

The NMSU website's gameday production "AggieVision" is still legend around Minnesota from the team's trip to Las Cruces in 2013.

If anyone here doesn't like the early season games when we just get Dave and Kevin on the home video feed on WyoVision, these games on AggieVision make Dave and Kevin look like the best in the country.

Just as an example:

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I was very excited to see this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Vapoke wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:17 pm https://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming ... 95a9a.html

8pm on ESPN2!
That's great news!

I hadn't thought about it before, but no doubt getting visibility for this game was aided by the fact it's a Week 0 game. Playing this game the following week would probably have landed us on AggieVision.

There are a total of 4 FBS games that day. Can pregame for our game by watching Hawaii at CSU right before it.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I wanted to watch it on Aggievision, JVK’s shared that they are hilarious. Oh well we get paid right?
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I don’t think we get money for it as it’s in New Mexico State

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Vapoke wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:17 pm https://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming ... 95a9a.html

8pm on ESPN2!
Yeeeeessssss! So glad common sense prevailed.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Fantastic! I'm glad I'll be able to see the game