OT: any of you been watching the TV series Yellowstone, with k costner

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Im watching and I like it. Early on some critics said it was not going to be good... But now are reversing as the viewship is super high.

Another show I really liked this year was The Alienist. That was awesome. Love a good mystery
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Super good show. This Mrs. and I watch it.
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

It's kind of a Dallas set in Montana, and it's a bit over the top in the melodrama. But we are getting a kick out of it.

Another show about Wyoming / Montana that was filmed in other places. This one in Park City (some scenes are shot in Montana, but most in Utah), Wind River was also shot near Park City (therefore the reservation looked like a mountain valley) and Longmire was filmed in Las Vegas New Mexico.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

carbonpoke wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:12 pm Im watching and I like it. Early on some critics said it was not going to be good... But now are reversing as the viewship is super high.

Another show I really liked this year was The Alienist. That was awesome. Love a good mystery
The novel was much better. Caleb Carr's a damn fine writer...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

carbonpoke wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:12 pm Im watching and I like it. Early on some critics said it was not going to be good... But now are reversing as the viewship is super high.

Two thumbs up on Yellowstone. Really liked the horse trough scene last week.....
Lost Poke
Cowpoke

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:36 pm
Two thumbs up on Yellowstone. Really liked the horse trough scene last week.....
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to bring that up... :D
Lost Poke
Cowpoke

Here's a nitpick about the show: the cowboys all have on brand @ass new clothes, their chaps are perfect etc. I know those boys have been working harder than that.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Lost Poke wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:07 am It's kind of a Dallas set in Montana, and it's a bit over the top in the melodrama. But we are getting a kick out of it.

Another show about Wyoming / Montana that was filmed in other places. This one in Park City (some scenes are shot in Montana, but most in Utah), Wind River was also shot near Park City (therefore the reservation looked like a mountain valley) and Longmire was filmed in Las Vegas New Mexico.
Exactly what I thought too Dallas in Wyoming, lol, only seen the 1st episode(how many are there so far?) I wish Wyoming would get a film commission worth a poop to bring some much needed revenue in, but I talked to governor candidates on this and they say all those are subsidized by the gov't so it would probably not fly in Wyoming. Back in the 80's there was always a crew filming something in Wyoming which was cool( I remember that cheezy Endangered Species, with that prick Robert Urich and Jobeth Williams filmed in Buffalo during school where we had to suspend the school bells next door to the courthouse so it wouldn't interfere with filming, wow that was back in 1982, getting old)
I'll check out the Yellowstone other episodes soon.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Stymie, the first episode left a weird taste in my mouth. I was expecting something... I don't know, but I had expectations. After the second and third episode I started to just watch it for what it was, and it really picked up steam. It's well written and has a ton of understory. My wife now wants to watch.

Vanianian... I have been thinking about reading the books for The Alienist, I know he wrote two or three oringinally, and has started another. I think. I had never heard of him, but he really dives into early century time lifestyle. He does his homework, which I appreciate.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

carbonpoke wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:22 pm Stymie, the first episode left a weird taste in my mouth. I was expecting something... I don't know, but I had expectations. After the second and third episode I started to just watch it for what it was, and it really picked up steam. It's well written and has a ton of understory. My wife now wants to watch.

Vanianian... I have been thinking about reading the books for The Alienist, I know he wrote two or three oringinally, and has started another. I think. I had never heard of him, but he really dives into early century time lifestyle. He does his homework, which I appreciate.
On call this weekend can't really do much so I'll try to catch up on them, thanx for the review