First Commit

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

Keep in mind Bohl has said that they will not accept a commitment from any player they haven't seen play in person and who hasn't been to Laramie to visit. It's no coincidence that the first commitments last year and this year are Wyoming kids that have been to the campus a number of times.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Yes. No reason to be concerned. This has happened nearly every year with Bohl. They are really making sure that the kids want to come here and are committed this includes making them take a visit here and seeing them play in person. We have lots of great talent in the program so I'm definitely not going to question the method
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

I also read a mwcconnection article where Nevada had 0 commits going into into June and they picked up 8 in a couple of weeks. I think they must have tapped into their basketball funds
W-Y, Until I Die!
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

onePokeovertheline wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:47 am Keep in mind Bohl has said that they will not accept a commitment from any player they haven't seen play in person and who hasn't been to Laramie to visit. It's no coincidence that the first commitments last year and this year are Wyoming kids that have been to the campus a number of times.
I'm pretty sure that if a 4 star kid wanted to commit to our Pokes tomorrow, they would sign him.
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

phxpoke wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:36 pm
onePokeovertheline wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:47 am Keep in mind Bohl has said that they will not accept a commitment from any player they haven't seen play in person and who hasn't been to Laramie to visit. It's no coincidence that the first commitments last year and this year are Wyoming kids that have been to the campus a number of times.
I'm pretty sure that if a 4 star kid wanted to commit to our Pokes tomorrow, they would sign him.
Absolutely NOT true. Gordie Haug has said that they actually turned away a 4 star that wanted to commit. As the recruitment went along they knew it was a bad fit, bad attitude, "me" type guy that wouldn't last in Laramie for a number of reasons.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

phxpoke wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:36 pm
You misunderstand Bohl
Jedi
Buckaroo

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:51 pm Anyone seen him play?
Watched his highlights. Listed as a RB, but his LB play impressed me more. Big, good foot speed, a nifty little cut back move. On offense he benefited from some dominate OLine play. My grandma could have taken it to the house on some of the holes they made. Good lateral quickness, soft hands. No video of him in pass blocking. Impressed with how big and fast he seemed against the comp. On defense, wow. Good coverage ability. Diagnosed plays quickly, took on blocks, then shed them to make a plays. When he tackled someone they went down. Definitely could see him making plays on the defensive side of the ball.
Things that stood out on tape: size and foot speed. He was just bigger and faster than the other team. Not much tape of him getting YAC, which I think is important at the D1 level in the Bohl era. I think Theo Dawson will be the 1b after Woods, just based on Dawson's tape.
If you folks don't mind, I could watch the tapes of all the new recruits and do a short summary on each. I need to practice my writing skills and I just plain love football, especially Wyoming football since I have moved to the state. I think Coach Bohls can has started something special. He can be the LaVell Edwards of the Pokes.

PS- I do realize Theo is a 2 years out of playing shape, but I'm not concerned. I went and played JC football at age 28 ( and Navy vet ) and seriously brought the wood on the 18 and 19 year old former L.A City All-Stars. More than any other sport football is about heart and is the ultimate team sport.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Jedi wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:11 pm
Watched his highlights. Listed as a RB, but his LB play impressed me more. Big, good foot speed, a nifty little cut back move. On offense he benefited from some dominate OLine play. My grandma could have taken it to the house on some of the holes they made. Good lateral quickness, soft hands. No video of him in pass blocking. Impressed with how big and fast he seemed against the comp. On defense, wow. Good coverage ability. Diagnosed plays quickly, took on blocks, then shed them to make a plays. When he tackled someone they went down. Definitely could see him making plays on the defensive side of the ball.
Things that stood out on tape: size and foot speed. He was just bigger and faster than the other team. Not much tape of him getting YAC, which I think is important at the D1 level in the Bohl era. I think Theo Dawson will be the 1b after Woods, just based on Dawson's tape.
If you folks don't mind, I could watch the tapes of all the new recruits and do a short summary on each. I need to practice my writing skills and I just plain love football, especially Wyoming football since I have moved to the state. I think Coach Bohls can has started something special. He can be the LaVell Edwards of the Pokes.

PS- I do realize Theo is a 2 years out of playing shape, but I'm not concerned. I went and played JC football at age 28 ( and Navy vet ) and seriously brought the wood on the 18 and 19 year old former L.A City All-Stars. More than any other sport football is about heart and is the ultimate team sport.
Heck yeah! Who wouldn’t want that? Have a few weeks to kill still
W-Y, Until I Die!
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:07 pm

Heck yeah! Who wouldn’t want that? Have a few weeks to kill still
I second this. Always nice to have new content to read.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Is seeing a player play in person a new Bohl policy after the Aaron Young scholarship offer? No one saw him play in person I am fairly sure.
castlerocker
Cowpoke

I just plain love football, especially Wyoming football since I have moved to the state. I think Coach Bohls can has started something special. He can be the LaVell Edwards of the Pokes.
Sounds like your fresh out from behind the Zion Curtain...but you would be smart to
keep that to yourself.

Don't refer to Bohl as lavell edwards - it produces a strong gag response.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Awesome! Thanks, man. Sounds like a good one