Cash Malui arrested for dui

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Per the boomerang
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Well, that sucks. Got to be smarter than that. It's so freaking easy to use Lyft or Uber these days that there's seriously no excuse.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Oh good, forgot he's underaged, and apparently didn't have a license as well?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

wow nice
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

MALUIA

***Arrested "on the suspicion of" driving under the influence, possession of alcohol by a minor, and driving without a drivers license***

I am not an attorney, but he should ask the court to appoint him one, and file for first offender status if there is any accuracy in the arrest record. He potentially has made some major mistakes, none of which I know the details of.

:twocents:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

only a 1 game suspension.. Kind of surprised

https://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming ... the-latest
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I think it’s fair, he’s only 19 and can go through the aware program. Made a mistake that only harmed himself, could have been way worse. Learn your lesson and move on.

Now it begs the question what did DJ May and Brian Hill do to deserve suspensions? I know Hills was only for a half a game but it was against BYU in a bowl. Should have been a little more lenient on that if a DUI only gets 1 game.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

BHill's suspension was for breaking curfew the night or two before the bowl game, I think. Something about putting himself before the team or something...especially with his role as a leader of the team.

Can't remember why May was suspended.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

303cowboy wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:10 pm only a 1 game suspension.. Kind of surprised

Me too! While Bohl is his own coach, I don't believe this is consistent with the players that have been arrested for DUI in the past (under different coaches). Everyone makes mistakes and Cassh is a great player but this sends the wrong message in my opinion as to the potential severity of DUI. The cross-country 8 wasn't that long ago. Perhaps there are extenuating circumstances we don't know about (like a lower BAC level being a minor), but, as it appears, I disagree with the suspension.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:46 am
303cowboy wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:10 pm only a 1 game suspension.. Kind of surprised

Me too! While Bohl is his own coach, I don't believe this is consistent with the players that have been arrested for DUI in the past (under different coaches). Everyone makes mistakes and Cassh is a great player but this sends the wrong message in my opinion as to the potential severity of DUI. The cross-country 8 wasn't that long ago. Perhaps there are extenuating circumstances we don't know about (like a lower BAC level being a minor), but, as it appears, I disagree with the suspension.
In your opinion, what would have been a good punishment?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:53 am

I don't know all the circumstances and the information released is vague so it is really hard to say. That is why I included the caveat in my message of not knowing the circumstances. There is a big difference in my opinion between a .25 BAC and a minor with a 0.04 BAC (but charged with DUI for the fact of being a minor). But at least be consistent with those that were arrested for DUI in the past. If Cassh was a third-stringer would the suspension have been the same? I would like to think so but my gut tells me probably not.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I might be wrong but in my recollection McGuffey under Glenn was suspended for a half or a game against unlv and allowed back the next week when playing BYU. He wrecked his vehicle into another car and was way over the limit. So there seems to be some precedent set. Can’t really remember any other DUI although I know there was one under DC.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

marcuswyo wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:57 am I might be wrong but in my recollection McGuffey under Glenn was suspended for a half or a game
I believe that is incorrect.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

marcuswyo wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:57 am I might be wrong but in my recollection McGuffey under Glenn was suspended for a half or a game against unlv and allowed back the next week when playing BYU. He wrecked his vehicle into another car and was way over the limit. So there seems to be some precedent set. Can’t really remember any other DUI although I know there was one under DC.
McGuffey was suspended for the UNLV game the day after his arrest. His also sat out the first half the next week vs. the borg. Koenning was the coach (2001)
KeepitrealWyo
Buckaroo

DJ May was suspended for his pick of one game for something to do with a drug test
Brian Hill was suspended for the Spring game for a similar offense.
DJ played in the first two games and sat out a FCS team which was questioned at the time.
Jimmy Johnson famously said Emmit Smith has different rules than other RB's. Cant disagree with any Coaches decision
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Things have changed alot since 2000. But still, he got into trouble in the offseason. He will be paying for this dearly in the courts. He might miss some weight lifting for a few days, but other than that, he has hurt the teams image, not much else.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:04 am
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:53 am

I don't know all the circumstances and the information released is vague so it is really hard to say. That is why I included the caveat in my message of not knowing the circumstances. There is a big difference in my opinion between a .25 BAC and a minor with a 0.04 BAC (but charged with DUI for the fact of being a minor). But at least be consistent with those that were arrested for DUI in the past. If Cassh was a third-stringer would the suspension have been the same? I would like to think so but my gut tells me probably not.
Thats the point.... You don't know if its consistent with others in the past because we don't know the details of any of the situations...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

DUI's are truly learning tools, for the most part, got mine in 1993 and isn't a day that goes by that I don't look back and say wth did I do that for, and it keeps me from driving (for the most part) to this day if I've had a few too many. And yes it was my last semester at UW, sigh.....he too shall learn from this(we hope)